Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

It puts the lotion on its skin.
    Last edited by moremouse; Jun 9, 2012 at 03:57 PM.

Epic FAIL!

Cash shop, dood. F2P games have been doing that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by moremouse View Post
    Zaix, could you list those MMOs please? I'm not aware of any that are free to download and play except on a trial basis.
    Wow, you are WAY out of the loop on this one.

First, there's Lineage II and Aion. You can, in fact, download and play the entirety of both games to the level cap without paying a dime.

Then there's a whole bunch of games that were F2P to begin with, like everything under the banner of Nexon (Vindictus, Mabinogi, among others).

There are also a number of MMOs that converted to using a Freemium system, which functions a LOT like PSO2's system in that you can play the entirety of the content without paying a dime, but have to pay something equivalent to a monthly fee to get access to several convenience features.

In fact, the market is kind of saturated with F2P games at the moment. I am absolutely boondoggled at your apparent lack of exposure to these games.

Quote Originally Posted by moremouse View Post
    As I understand it, we'll still have to purchase the game and register the code supplied with it to our Sega IDs in-order to play. So, does anybody know where I can purchase a physical import? I'd rather that than a direct digital download - already tried play-asia and couldn't find any mention of it, not even a pre-order.
    Today we are announcing the pricing plans for Phantasy Star Online 2:

• Game: Free to Download
    • Billing: The Basic Game is Free (supported by Cash Items)
    • Premium Set: 1300AC
    • AC Scratch: 1 Scratch is 200 AC
    • Other Cash Items: 150 AC ~

PSO2 will be Free 2 Play and Free to Download. You can play quests and story missions for free. Free players will not have limits imposed on their class levels nor playing time. They will not allow the direct sales of highly over powerful weapons that could affect game balancing. Through updates you can enjoy new bosses, new fields, and new quests for free!
    Through communication, you can gain FUN points for use with the Free Gacha “FUN Scratch.” In this scratch, you can obtain room items, music disks, and additional lobby actions. Through here, you can get some exclusive features for free, for example, you may receive a ticket that lets you open up your My Room and My Shop for Free for 3 Days!
    For paying users, you can enjoy additional features through Arks Cash. The items included under Arks Cash are not required for playing. There are no direct sales of highly over powerful weapons nor cash quests. 1 AC = 1 Yen!
    http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...rough-6162012/
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Good shit, man. Thanks for this.

Okay, not trying to feed the troll here, but I am pretty sure that the Vita version will end up being a physical copy or digital D/L for purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    Okay, not trying to feed the troll here, but I am pretty sure that the Vita version will end up being a physical copy or digital D/L for purchase.
    The game software for the PC, Vita, and Smartphone versions will be released as a FREE download. In either platform, the standard charges for playing will be absolutely free. Some of the game’s items will become Cash Items under an in-game currency known as “Arks Cash.”
    http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...creation-demo/
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Dig a little deeper and you'll see that it is being considered. Testing and time will tell. I'm calling it now. Mark my words (post).

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Anyway, the premium pricing may seem high, but don't forget that the main parts of the game are free. Do you guys really need to play as premium players every single month? Just alternate between premium and free, play like 1 or 2 months for free and then play 1 month as premium.
    Yeah you could play the game and never pay for anything which is great. That alone makes it better than most MMOs. It's just a matter of what premium services you can live with or without.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance