Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    This is foolishness on more than one level.

First, they are pricing for Japanese customers, not foreign customers. It is not their fault, and indeed, not something they can control, that foreign currency continues to devalue while their own currency has remained largely static (and, in fact, actually deflated for a number of years since the turn of the century). For their Japanese customers, these are actually very low prices, especially compared to other MMO prices in the nation (with games like Tera taking top dollar with a price of 2700 yen).

Secondly, there is no guarantee that they would actually gain such a large number of customers if they just cut the pricing in half. Obviously, if they do cut the price in half, they have to gain twice as many customers to make up for the loss in revenue. I'll leave you to figure out just how infeasible that is.
    This made me laugh. Thank you for that.

I'm not sure where you find humor in that, but I guess I'm glad to be of service?

If 10,000 people paid $8/month opposed to only 2,000 who paid $16/month, SEGA is missing out on some serious money. Is it that hard to understand? That was the original posters point.
    Not trying to start a fight but more people will probably pass on paying that much a month. If it was cheaper it would be easier for more people to enjoy premium perks.

a lot of Korean MMO's let you download their client for free and have F2P payment models.

F2P has grown ever-increasingly successful that the price you pay to buy the game up front has become much smaller than all the in-game micro-transactions. F2P benefits by being able to get as many people into the game for free. If they charged for the game up-front they would lose a huge chunk of potential "subscribers"

F2P mmos are more profitable than P2P ultimately.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    If 10,000 people paid $8/month opposed to only 2,000 who paid $16/month, SEGA is missing out on some serious money. Is it that hard to understand? That was the original posters point.
    Not trying to start a fight but more people will probably pass on paying that much a month. If it was cheaper it would be easier for more people to enjoy premium perks.
    Half of the reason that it's bugging me in general though. Is that it's only expensive to US, as far as I know for Japan's currency this is fair. Which you can't really blame SEGA but in general, fuck that shit. Yeah I think I'm allowed to be mad about that past some self righteous thought that SEGA should get my money in general.

The other half is that I have to pay for a room specifically in the first place. I mean everything else that costs money makes sense, mostly. But my Fucking Room? Come the fuck on! D<

C'MON! D<

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    as someone who literally has $50 in the bank with "maybe" $98 more coming Tuesday for unemployment, i have to agree with this, the minute it becomes unfeasible, the Internet is the first thing that's gonna go+^_^+ already gave up cable TV, i CAN live without internet+^_^+ everyone cross your fingers for me landing an interview this week!!!
    I can only wish you all the good energy in the universe to help you get a new job. I got a new job in may 21st. It is not the best one in terms of salary but at least i am learning new stuff.

May you find a job soon!
    May I Help U??

It's true, PSU gotten a lot of users spending money just to obtain some of the things at their in game shop. SEGA knows that which is why, PSO2 is going to go down this way, it's smarter and much easier for them to make money off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    This is foolishness on more than one level.

First, they are pricing for Japanese customers, not foreign customers. It is not their fault, and indeed, not something they can control, that foreign currency continues to devalue while their own currency has remained largely static (and, in fact, actually deflated for a number of years since the turn of the century). For their Japanese customers, these are actually very low prices, especially compared to other MMO prices in the nation (with games like Tera taking top dollar with a price of 2700 yen).

Secondly, there is no guarantee that they would actually gain such a large number of customers if they just cut the pricing in half. Obviously, if they do cut the price in half, they have to gain twice as many customers to make up for the loss in revenue. I'll leave you to figure out just how infeasible that is.
    Uh, people can show they are annoyed at the prices no matter who it was intended for.
    This stuff is a bit pricey, but it's absolutely fine for Japanese players? Guess it's time to shut up because that suddenly makes it fine(!)

And I'd really like to know why it would infeasible to expect twice+ as many people purchasing if prices were cut by half or even a third. (Can even drive multiple purchases from the same customer.) I can see that being achieved very easily.
    Though I expect they are not likely to risk it, perhaps in some special time sales promotions.

Premium's cheaper than I expected, and everything else is about the price of what I normally see around here... looking forward to playing.

*walks out thread*