Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

I think the prices are a bit too high, but not so much I'm going to complain. I'm probably only going to buy inventory expansions and some extra skill trees anyway. and I think I remember reading that you can buy things like item trading and my room separately from the premium, so if you only want one thing it wont cost as much.

I am the most mad about the gachas, I really hope that they add the option to buy clothes individually. One of the most important parts for me is customizing my character, and with my terrible luck I'll just get the same outfit I don't want 10 times in a row.
    I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    Uh, people can show they are annoyed at the prices no matter who it was intended for.
    This stuff is a bit pricey, but it's absolutely fine for Japanese players? Guess it's time to shut up because that suddenly makes it fine(!)

And I'd really like to know why it would infeasible to expect twice+ as many people purchasing if prices were cut by half or even a third. (Can even drive multiple purchases from the same customer.) I can see that being achieved very easily.
    Though I expect they are not likely to risk it, perhaps in some special time sales promotions.
    Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    If 10,000 people paid $8/month opposed to only 2,000 who paid $16/month, SEGA is missing out on some serious money. Is it that hard to understand? That was the original posters point.
    Not trying to start a fight but more people will probably pass on paying that much a month. If it was cheaper it would be easier for more people to enjoy premium perks.
    You have absolutely no proof or any sort of evidence that there are that many customers willing to pay just because it's cheaper, so how else am I supposed to take it?

Do you have metrics? Actual hard numbers? Something other than a gut feeling? Is the player base even that large in the first place?

Also keep in mind that lowering the price permanently means it is a LOT harder to do promotions and sales and things of that nature - after all, when people see "on sale! 20% discount for [X] days", that has a massive psychological effect and automatically increases sales volume by simple virtue of being on sale (it's a lot more tempting when you know the price is only temporary, right?).

Plus there's the little element of it being a F2P game, where no sub fee is actually required to play the game and thus they can focus their goods on aiming for those high-rollers who have tons of disposable income. The "lower price means more subs" argument only really applies for a sub-based game as the game's health generally depends on having a large number of players. Obviously, this is not an issue in a F2P game.

Also, @ Vash, the point I'm making is that the complaining is useless because it is Sega of JP that is setting the prices, which are explicitly being set for Japanese players and no one else. Go ahead and continue complaining if you wish, just know that it is entirely fruitless and the only thing you stand to gain from it is maaaybe a little satisfaction from getting it off your chest, but it makes you look silly and a least a little conceited.
    Last edited by Zyrusticae; Jun 9, 2012 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    Uh, people can show they are annoyed at the prices no matter who it was intended for.
    This stuff is a bit pricey, but it's absolutely fine for Japanese players? Guess it's time to shut up because that suddenly makes it fine(!)

And I'd really like to know why it would infeasible to expect twice+ as many people purchasing if prices were cut by half or even a third. (Can even drive multiple purchases from the same customer.) I can see that being achieved very easily.
    Though I expect they are not likely to risk it, perhaps in some special time sales promotions.
    Zyrusticae is right though, what you're saying is like a player from the US importing a console game from Europe at 60€ and complaing that it's too expensive (60€ is roughly $75), even though 60€ is the normal price for console games in Europe.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    as someone who literally has $50 in the bank with "maybe" $98 more coming Tuesday for unemployment, i have to agree with this, the minute it becomes unfeasible, the Internet is the first thing that's gonna go+^_^+ already gave up cable TV, i CAN live without internet+^_^+ everyone cross your fingers for me landing an interview this week!!!
    I'm crossing my fingers and hope you find something. I have a few friends that are unemployed at the moment and it's tough out there. I'm collecting unemployment for the summer because my job is seasonal. I'll be shutting off my cable soon to save money.

Thats why it's good that PSO2 is F2P and there are no level limits at the moment.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

I'm usually up at about 7 PST so I get about an hour to play. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    You have absolutely no proof or any sort of evidence that there are that many customers willing to pay just because it's cheaper, so how else am I supposed to take it?

Do you have metrics? Actual hard numbers? Something other than a gut feeling? Is the player base even that large in the first place?

Also keep in mind that lowering the price permanently means it is a LOT harder to do promotions and sales and things of that nature - after all, when people see "on sale! 20% discount for [X] days", that has a massive psychological effect and automatically increases sales volume by simple virtue of being on sale (it's a lot more tempting when you know the price is only temporary, right?).

Plus there's the little element of it being a F2P game, where no sub fee is actually required to play the game and thus they can focus their goods on aiming for those high-rollers who have tons of disposable income. The "lower price means more subs" argument only really applies for a sub-based game as the game's health generally depends on having a large number of players. Obviously, this is not an issue in a F2P game.
    Obviously no numbers from me, AC hasn't even started been sold yet but I don't expect it would be far fetched at all to work in their favour, just seems to me they don't want to risk it. Of course can't do anything but speculate on this.
    On promotions/sales while true we'll see if they ever end up doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Also, @ Vash, the point I'm making is that the complaining is useless because it is Sega of JP that is setting the prices, which are explicitly being set for Japanese players and no one else. Go ahead and continue complaining if you wish, just know that it is entirely fruitless and the only thing you stand to gain from it is maaaybe a little satisfaction from getting it off your chest, but it makes you look silly and a least a little conceited.
    You can see the extent that I "complained" in the 2nd post of this thread, of course it was a message for SOJ to read that I'm unhappy with those prices and demand they are lowered...
    You know I just made quick post to show my dislike of the prices shown. I'm sure other people here were basically just venting.

Pretty evident not everyone was going to be happy with the prices. Yes I'm sure people will continue "complaining" and look silly for showing their distaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    F2P mmos are more profitable than P2P ultimately.
    This wasn't about free-to-play vs pay-to-play, it was about the cost of purchasing the game to then play it without monthly subscription. Anyway, it's already been clarified that the client is free too, so the game really is completely free to play. Just download and play.

Quote Originally Posted by moremouse View Post
    This wasn't about free-to-play vs pay-to-play, it was about the cost of purchasing the game to then play it without monthly subscription. Anyway, it's already been clarified that the client is free too, so the game really is completely free to play. Just download and play.

Discovers powder without making noise...
    Last edited by LokinModar; Jun 9, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
    May I Help U??

I think I read somewhere that there will be a beginner package or somethin for 10 bucks. Comes with a DVD?

Gib.

The problem is PSO2 shouldn't be in the "MMO" category in the first place. It's an action game with RPG elements. Have any of you ever played World of Warcraft, TERA and others? Of course you can find similarities, but it's really nowhere close to that genre. I agree that the core gameplay of PSO2 is fun, but what I loved in the past was the huge diversity of things to do, just exploring the same maps on Ultimate difficulty was a pleasant surprise we won't get anytime soon. It just baffles me as to why we won't get at least equal content to a game released in what, 2002? Once you have the software finished, how hard is it really to just create new content. new levels, items, etc.?

Maybe it's just me that is growing older and nostalgic, but I would never release a game I feel incomplete. I know it's F2P but to be honest this is just an excuse to not give you all the content you should have from day one. I don't want to end up paying more than a game would have costed me in the first place (around $59.99). That means if I want to enjoy all the features in PSO2, I just can't, otherwise it would cost me twice that much if not more. How is that not insulting to fans and players worldwide?

I'll agree that PSO2 from the looks of it and my closed beta impressions, is a better "MMO" than most of the junkware you see on the market. That doesn't mean it couldn't be better though. Sometimes you need to take a few steps back and watch how development goes without your fanboy glasses.