Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Gl Played it on pc at launch but wasnt impressed and was thinking of goin to the 360 ver last month glade i didnt. But honestly shuttting this down they could atleast announce a US pso2!

Did anyone see this...?

"We look forward to taking our memories and the lessons learned from this game as we prepare to move into the future. There is more news yet to come for Phantasy Star, and there will be much to be excited about in the coming weeks and months. For now, please feel free to share your memories of this game and know we look forward to sharing more adventures with you in the future!"

Sounds like PSO2 to me. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by xenokai View Post
    Did anyone see this...?

"We look forward to taking our memories and the lessons learned from this game as we prepare to move into the future. There is more news yet to come for Phantasy Star, and there will be much to be excited about in the coming weeks and months. For now, please feel free to share your memories of this game and know we look forward to sharing more adventures with you in the future!"

Sounds like PSO2 to me. I hope.
    They said something similar - if not copy-paste similar - when PC/PS2 PSU shut down.

Still, hoping for that to be PSO2-related.

Unhappy sad panda...

This makes me a very very sad panda....I've been playing for 5 years, and this game was the whole initial reason why I got an xbox in the first place. A very sad day indeed...

They should have done this years ago. Ah well. There's not much more I could really berate this game (or ST in general) over that I haven't said in the past, and that many, many other people haven't already stated or are feeling. Well, except for the fact that the Xbox Live version of AoTI doesn't have an offline mode, so when the servers go down - players are stuck with the vanilla title's offline mode. Though I guess that's not the most important part of the game for most players anyhow, and if they want AoTI content offline, they could always download the PC version.

The real shame of it is though, that PSP2Infinity turned out to be one hell of a good game. It would be amazing if they could use all of the graphics resources they already have and port a HD version of that to the XBL Arcade and PSN.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jun 8, 2012 at 07:33 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

yes i heared about it we love you sega not

just swich it to xbox live
    Akaimizu USER
    Still, the thing about the portable PS games, is that they will likely be able to live on forever not being tied to a server

people that post about JP update3 are evil go no a JP FORUM and post it english only PSU like XBOX360 here only PLZ

Odessa JP Elitist Force

360 was my original home before I made the transition to JP. I still have an unopened copy of PSU that I got from the SEGA PSZero release they held a few years back here in SF. It's unfortunate that PSU will be a completely foreign game now, but I'm glad to have fond (and horrible) memories of US 360 PSU.

God Speed...
    JP PSO2: Odessa - FONewearl, Fo/Br, Fo/Te, Fo/FI
    Team: Night Arks Manager

JP PSU: Odessa - ♀ Newman - LV180 - マスターフォース (MF) 20

funny thing is my subscription ran out the day before the update now i hear its being shut down hope they do what they did for PC/PS2 and give anyone who had an ID a free last month
    Akumamaru - Male Newman - Lv. 180- All classes 20 - 30071088

I'm surprised they didn't do so earlier, but- is a private server on the 360 possible or is everyone going to have to switch to JP if they want to keep playing? I think I might do that, but losing all that data from the 360 version seems pretty discouraging to me to play 500+ hours again just to get at least a level 170...

I probably won't bother to continue with PSU on a Japanese server after the 360 version goes down. Besides, I've already recreated my characters on PSP2 and such, and they pretty much live on from there.

The thing I knew I could do with the portable versions is have full-enough access to the content and even utilize multiplayer without even the need for infrastructure servers.

Now 've been eyeing the idea of going to PSP2infinity, and due to Sony's recent digital treatment of their PSN PSP games, I'll probably have to pick up the physical UMD copy of it. (Which kind of sucks, because PSP2 played best on a GO cradled to an HDTV with a PS3 controller) Still, whether or not I even get that so close to a possible release of PSO2 may make me take pause. But then again, PSP2i is a complete package with no dependency on the servers unlike PSO2.

Still, I'm no stranger to losing well over 1000 hours of play from an online game that shuts down. For a lot of games, it happens eventually. You simply enjoy the memories of all you did and remember it was the journey and accomplishments. I'm still glad that SEGA saw fit to make portable versions of their games to allow you to do the same and yet never worry about server shut downs again. So I jumped right on top of them. They were the phantasy stars where they were all mine. Kind of like having a Phantasy Star Online with your own built-in server with it.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jun 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM.