Default A Question about Final Fantasy 11

I've wanted to play Final Fantasy 11 for awhile now, though i've received mixed opinions about it from people. Now I would go play it regardless but its subscription based still. So my question is do you think that square enix will ever make FFXI free to play?
    Thanks in advance :>

Now because of FFXIV, I believe they stated once they start losing money from keeping the servers up then they will shut them down. I am a former player and I used to participate on FFXIAH daily, and that's coming from actual employees. I don't think the diehard players of it right now are going anywhere so I doubt it will be shut down in the near near future, but I'm pretty sure they will not keep them up for free.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Yea I figured FF14 would have a major part of FF11's future.
    FF14 was free for a good amount of time, but since the 2.0 patch is coming where they fix EVERYTHING it went back to subscription.
    Thanks Rashiid

I have friends playing XIV right now and said it's REALLY good. Even XI vets that refused to move over say it's good now.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

It's unlikely that they turned around the trainwreck that is FFXIV in such a short amount of time, honestly. I had really high hopes for the game (because I played FFXI for something like six years before I couldn't take the slow pacing any more - the reason I stayed for so long was because of how high-quality almost everything about it was).

But in all honesty, FFXIV earned those 4.0 reviews it got. The game was legitimately terrible at launch. For them to take a year and a half and not only undo all those years of sitting with their thumbs up their asses, as well as create a great game out of the remains?

I'm skeptical, and that's completely fair. The game made baby steps toward improving in the time it was free and getting updates, but if that set the pace, then it'll be another year at least before the game is worth spending time on, much less actually paying a subscription fee to access it.

I don't mean to come across as overly-negative. I want the game to turn out great... It was just one of the most disappointing games I've ever come across (up there with Phantasy Star Universe). I'll absolutely be trying it again when they launch the 2.0 free trials, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."