View Poll Results: Did you enjoy PSO2s open Beta?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 96.30%
  • No

1 3.70%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pros & Cons

-The character customization is far greater than most other games of this type (though not all and it's mostly in more subtle ways like the shape of your ears...)
    -Users have been chatting in the lobby using all the features throughout most of the previous betas, I expect they just are excited to actually play the game and are spending a few hours on that first.
    -Lots of open space means that if you want to meet your friends you can go somewhere without a lot of people.
    -Go to a different lobby?
    -Should change soon, there's a group working on it and they had one out within a day of Closed Beta release.
    -You can skip the whole tutorial level on any character after your first, and the tutorial instructions even the first time.
    -No, really?
    -Not many games have this for some reason. Generally the consensus I've seen among users is that they'd rather use a dedicated chatting program like Ventrillo or Teamspeak than an in-game option.
    -Can't help you there, but it's probably an option somewhere...

Anyways, you are free to have your own opinion but I'm actually very happy with the way PSO2 turned out (Apart from the rifles).

I would of made a female char (yes I'm a male) if it wasn't for the lack of color option for flesh character.

Yes you can get colors via recycle ticket but I still find that silly I have to random purchase something to be able to change color while cast can do it normally....so i made a RAcast.

I'm not acting like a girl just the design looks cooler to me.

Not referrin to you but most people I come across who get mad at such things normally the ones who try to "mingle" on games real quick then to find out the "female" is a guy...
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by kdrakari View Post
    -The character customization is far greater than most other games of this type (though not all and it's mostly in more subtle ways like the shape of your ears...)
    -Users have been chatting in the lobby using all the features throughout most of the previous betas, I expect they just are excited to actually play the game and are spending a few hours on that first.
    -Lots of open space means that if you want to meet your friends you can go somewhere without a lot of people.
    -Go to a different lobby?
    -Should change soon, there's a group working on it and they had one out within a day of Closed Beta release.
    -You can skip the whole tutorial level on any character after your first, and the tutorial instructions even the first time.
    -No, really?
    -Not many games have this for some reason. Generally the consensus I've seen among users is that they'd rather use a dedicated chatting program like Ventrillo or Teamspeak than an in-game option.
    -Can't help you there, but it's probably an option somewhere...

Anyways, you are free to have your own opinion but I'm actually very happy with the way PSO2 turned out (Apart from the rifles).

personally I disagree and will continue to play the original PSO....

Can't believe I wasted my morning playing this terrible open beta

(How many female characters did i see wearing greay or dark silver...I lost count after WTF...)
    “Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.”
    http://twitter.com/#!/layfette0911

You are aware that even in the Closed Beta for flesh character only had pre set color to pick from.

So it wasn't unlikely to see the same outfit color....
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    You are aware that even in the Closed Beta for flesh character only had pre set color to pick from.

So it wasn't unlikely to see the same outfit color....

Ya I was aware........doesn't change the fact I prefer PSO over PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by spade88 View Post
    Ya I was aware........doesn't change the fact I prefer PSO over PSO2
    Good luck with that
    PSO2
    テレサ Lv65-Hunter Lv49-Fighter Lv60-Ranger Lv40-Braver
    My Youtube Channel / Join the League

I dunno, I think the female body is sexy, I am a guy irl, I dunno, if I had a choice and i had to stare at a chars ass all day due to the camera angle, TBH i'd rather stare at a hot chicks ass over a guys ass anyday. I think the bad ones are the guys who play female chars and fake they are female so they get free stuff.. Me? its really easy to tell I am a guy irl I don't try to hide it at all.. why? I don't care, its a game not a dating website.

Also you need to consider how many years pso has been out. Pso2 just technacally came out, Though I do find the lack of weapon types disturbing. My ranger gets a choice of: A weak as hell assault rifle, or a rocket launcher of instant death. I can swing the gunblade for more per hit damage than what my assault rifles 3 shot bursts do.

Now if I had to say my pros and cons.

Pros: PSO's sequel
    Game runs really well I got it maxxed at 1920x1080 with the internal res set to 1.5x, and I get a solid 60 fps.
    don't know what else to put here I h aven't played long.

Cons: Lack of variety in weaponry
    UI is still clunky as hell compared to most mmo ui's too much of a console feel to it even though pso2 is made only for pc atm.
    No eng patch yet, though I am learning the menus easly enough.
    Blacklist and add to friends list should not be side by side.
    Major con, almost a deal breaker for me: To trade with other players after the open beta you have to buy the arc cash 30 day things to trade and use the my room, and open a shop. IMO trading char to char should be free, while the my room stuff be premium, I really REALLY dislike it when devs nickle and dime you for game features that are supposed to be a part of the base game
    Other cons I can see is lack of variety, I can see pso2 getting fairly boring fairly quickly even compared to the first pso.
    Last edited by Scyris; Jun 21, 2012 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    I dunno, I think the female body is sexy, I am a guy irl, I dunno, if I had a choice and i had to stare at a chars ass all day due to the camera angle, TBH i'd rather stare at a hot chicks ass over a guys ass anyday. I think the bad ones are the guys who play female chars and fake they are female so they get free stuff.. Me? its really easy to tell I am a guy irl I don't try to hide it at all.. why? I don't care, its a game not a dating website.

Everyone has a playing preference.....mine is mirrored just like in the real world...
    (you join the service you fight beside another man usually) - ya times change and bla blah blah..but as of right now no their not...lol

I hope this never gets released in the US, cause it will die real quick when the servers get pulled...

Quote Originally Posted by spade88 View Post
    I hope this never gets released in the US, cause it will die real quick when the servers get pulled...
    ... Yes, MMOs do have a tendency to die if their servers are shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by kdrakari View Post
    ... Yes, MMOs do have a tendency to die if their servers are shut down.

lol not PSO thank god with their offline mode and online private servers....

PSO2 will probably end up like .hack//frägment:

- It was released only in Japan on November 23, 2005 and online service ended on January 18, 2007