Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by buri-chan View Post
    Rock Bear's second stage becomes easier when you can stop him from chaining his body slam by Just Guarding it. Silly Rangers and Forces will just have to run away until it stops~
    forces can just mirage escape straight through him. once you're to his side or back he stops bouncin.

and range roll has so many invincibility frames they could probably do the same. only the trolls run backwards away from him because they're usually trying to hit their teammates loooool
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Can't you just dodge attacks and forget about guarding? I'm pretty sure it has some kind of invincibility a la monster hunter roll.
    Also does anyone have the description of the full hunter tree in english? That'd be great to see if I didn't so absolute crap lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Boodendorf View Post
    Can't you just dodge attacks and forget about guarding? I'm pretty sure it has some kind of invincibility a la monster hunter roll.
    Also does anyone have the description of the full hunter tree in english? That'd be great to see if I didn't so absolute crap lol.
    you're right, you can dodge out of most attacks. but there are some moments where it's just too late, and you're not sure where to dodge, so you can only guard, etc.

as ironic as it sounds, i feel like just guard allows you to be more offensive, despite it being a defensive skill.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-

You don't even need skill points in order to beat the game. It's THAT easy.

Quote Originally Posted by deldelight8 View Post
    you're right, you can dodge out of most attacks. but there are some moments where it's just too late, and you're not sure where to dodge, so you can only guard, etc.

as ironic as it sounds, i feel like just guard allows you to be more offensive, despite it being a defensive skill.
    This.
    Fail to dodge , receive 40 damage
    Block, receive 6-10 damage
    Just Guard , 0-1 damage

Quote Originally Posted by buri-chan View Post
    Rock Bear's second stage becomes easier when you can stop him from chaining his body slam by Just Guarding it. Silly Rangers and Forces will just have to run away until it stops~
    Why gaurd it when every time he starts it you can dash through his legs and hit him from behind while he finishes the combo, then when he falls from the last part of it, either continue hitting him in the back, or dash a bit forward to hit him in the face.

Super easy, he is his own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by SELENNA View Post
    You don't even need skill points in order to beat the game. It's THAT easy.
    How did you beat the game?
    PSO2: Taggart, HUmar, ship 02

Skilled Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
    Why gaurd it when every time he starts it you can dash through his legs and hit him from behind while he finishes the combo, then when he falls from the last part of it, either continue hitting him in the back, or dash a bit forward to hit him in the face.

Super easy, he is his own worst enemy.
    Headshotting with a gunslash is probably the fastest & safest way to take him down, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vylera View Post
    Headshotting with a gunslash is probably the fastest & safest way to take him down, IMHO.
    Sounds kinda slow compared to a full sword combo in his face. All you need is the right timing/position. TBH I really have had no need for gaurd and im nearly done with caves. Its still early to tell if I will in the future, but good reactions and positioning go a long way, especially if you are full offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
    Sounds kinda slow compared to a full sword combo in his face. All you need is the right timing/position. TBH I really have had no need for gaurd and im nearly done with caves. Its still early to tell if I will in the future, but good reactions and positioning go a long way, especially if you are full offense.
    i donno if you're soloing or not but really the just guard necessity only applies to soloing. if theres at least one other person with you the game gets much easier. much, much easier. however it also depends on what photon arts you have accessible to you. i'd say one of the best photon arts is partisan's fast 6 slash attack that has good width and distance range. you're also right in that it's all about positioning. conversely, someone with just guard can take more risks and has a higher survival factor, while someone with no just guard may just circle the edge of a group of enemies waiting for a proper opportunity, etc.

i'm def not saying you're wrong though. all i say are suggestions anyway

and i'll admit i like being a hero so i need to get just guard so i can do epic carries in the future when my entire team wipes and im the only one alive and nobody has any more moon atomizers

also, sword gear is making me eat my own words. after i got sword gear the difficulty of soloing decreased a lot. the large extra range and damage you do is pretty sweet
    Last edited by soulpimpwizzurd; Jun 22, 2012 at 04:31 AM.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。