Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    You don't know how to put the text in the nested spoiler boxes? Just find the URL name for that video and then right before /spoiler-box tag you can type whatever you want.

That list is data mined from the english patch work. I assume they'll be able to find more when they translate it again, but that is low priority.
    I have no problems with nested spoiler-boxes, I mean that if you post a new event video. Just give me some detail like this is number 24, and the title so I have some indication of where to file it under.

I'll up the font size. I didn't know you were able to do that
    The current file is height is 450 (slightly less the EDTV)
    The problem with going to full resolution is you get that choppiness of those first few videos which isn't all that pleasant, especially in the sound, and I have yet to figure out how to make Youtube allow 720p+ videos. I know i have the ability but nothing i upload does it.

Another option would be for me to record in my standard def, but send you the file through some other way which would be higher res in general. Or since I'm going to play through it twice anyways I can take 2 videos one high res and one lower res and send you the high res. Or I could also just take snap shots for you to reference and then speed through with my other char and get a good play through for the video.
    Mostly just making it large enough so that the characters are large enough to make out will make things easier. The 360p videos of the Shion conversations on the front page are almost legible enough. So i think just a step up to 480p should suffice.
    Last edited by Kion; Jul 2, 2012 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deldelight8 View Post
    ime pad are you talking about where you draw the kanji on a small pop up window?

yeah if you don't know kanji it's a little difficult to use, primarily because it mainly uses stroke count+order to register what kanji you're drawing, not so much visual similarity.

that's why sometimes you'll see people using it but it doesn't look like the kanji at all, yet it still comes up fine lol.
    Yeah. I have to guess the strokes to even come close to the correct Kanji and then I have to scan all those Kanji and compare them. I usually pick a stand out feature and go off that, but there are 2000+ symbols and I just can't even remotely get close to what it is a lot of times and often don't even get the right number of strokes right due to unclear picture.

On another note. I would have like 10 more videos, but I forgot to load fraps. Fortunately I got the names of those videos though so I can at least put them on the check list. I also got pics of the names of some of the messed up ones so hopefully that will help... I'll be posting them sooooon

And... I went in my PSO2 settings and put my res to 720p res which should make it load load that size into youtube. I also up scaled my font like you showed. When the server comes up I'll make a test video on full size video record and see how it goes.

thanks for this, this is great
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    I have no problems with nested spoiler-boxes, I mean that if you post a new event video. Just give me some detail like this is number 24, and the title so I have some indication of where to file it under.
    Oh i see. The list Event Tabs that are listed is almost done. I think there is only 3 that we don't have. So the rest of the videos should all be in that under-section that will just be added to numerically unless there is some major mess up.

Though I check your post and I'm going to post the translations with the video in that post so would you like me to just put a red dot or something next to the area/spoiler box name so that you know it needs a translation or has been updated?

Mostly just making it large enough so that the characters are large enough to make out will make things easier. The 360p videos of the Shion conversations on the front page are almost legible enough. So i think just a step up to 480p should suffice.
    What i think the problem is that the video has to be 720p or 1080p so that youtube can process it right, but my monitor is 1440x900 and I record at half res for processing reasons. When I record at full res you get that choppiness so to get 720p video i have to set my resolution to 720p and record at full. I am hoping that because the res is reduced it will run smooth like that. I am also lowering my frame rate to 30. I could also take the next step of dropping my detail as well, but i'd prefer not.

Hopefully it works. If not I can always try some video editing to get it right, but i'm not going to do that for the event tabs cuz thats bad for my monitor and i'd prefer my full res when playing normally.

Testing now...
    Recording seems to have gone successful, though I really don't like playing in this resolution.
    I'm going to also test higher resolution to see if the tweaks i made fix the sound problem and then I can just reduce the size of the video

Edit:
    Good news.
    Test 1

Test 2

Test 3

Test 1 test getting it to 720 with what i was doing before...
    Then I read up on fraps having such huge files sizes and tried to compress them which allowed me to test 2, compressing the Test 1 video so it's a quicker upload.
    Test 3 is a test of what happens when i compress my normal res to 720p.

So basically it gets that bar on the side which i find ugly, but if you don't mind that's what I'll be going with, especially since I have discovered with my new settings that the high res doesn't cause audio problems.

So just tell me if you have any sort of problems with those three tests, keep in mind the 3rd one is older video settings and is really just seeing how the change in format is handled. The first two have the larger font so i imagine if you can read it on both of those and you can read the font in the 3rd one the option i'm going with from now on will be just fine ^.^

Edit again:
    This is a 1440x900 compressed to 720p video. I prefer playing at this resolution, but am willing to try to capture the scene at 720p. It just causes 2 huge black bars to go across my screen and it's rather annoying.

I'm pretty sure this is fully readable, but if for some reason you have a problem with this I can also send you a pretty small file that has it at full resolution. (around 50MB I'd guess) which should clear that problem up.

Edit: >.> somehow i increased the file size to double the original... so now I'm trying something else to see if I can keep the original resolution if you end up wanting me to send you the original file resolution.

edit: ^.^ Another try at something. This is the 1080p video which doesn't seem to be better or worse for me than the 720p one. But there may be problems with it considering it is higher resolution than the source material.
    Last edited by RocSage; Jul 4, 2012 at 03:35 AM.

Shion Matter Board 3 start in 1080p

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    This one looks amazing. Text is insanely clear.

The semester is wrapping up for me here, and all of my teachers are giving us the ritualistic "i forgot to give enough assignments this semester so here's a lot of shit to do at the last minute". So I haven't had as much time to work on these as I'd like, but I'll try to keep up.

Will do Shion I'll spend an hour or so on once I wake up.

As for the events i'm going to be doing extremely quick and dirty translations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    This one looks amazing. Text is insanely clear.

The semester is wrapping up for me here, and all of my teachers are giving us the ritualistic "i forgot to give enough assignments this semester so here's a lot of shit to do at the last minute". So I haven't had as much time to work on these as I'd like, but I'll try to keep up.

Will do Shion I'll spend an hour or so on once I wake up.

As for the events i'm going to be doing extremely quick and dirty translations.
    That is the lossless file recorded in 720p uploaded directly to youtube.
    Unless it's unreadable I'm going to stick with my normal res scaled to 1080p
    I don't see any difference in the text's readability (i may be wrong as i have shitty eyes) so it doesn't make sense to me to go with that format as it takes me logging out, switching my settings, logging in, recording, logging out, switching settings and while I play I have huge black bars across my screen. There is literally no other way to get that as any other way I can get HD files on youtube requires me to convert file format.

I don't have a problem with the upload time as I can do other things while I'm doing that, but playing like that is just bleh.

Also. I notice that if I wait a bit the character will stop moving their lips which denotes the end of that section of dialogue and if i wait for that I can make sure to get the full voice which I'm sure is helpful in translating.

If there is for some reason a problem though in reading, my normal res is better than 720p and I keep all the videos so far uploaded, I can take full res screen shots of the video or figure out a way to send a 1-2GB file over to you which shouldn't be a problem if kept at a minimum. I have a godaddy account and they say unlimited bandwidth, but I've heard stories where people do get kicked off there or forced to pay a huge premium if it is too much...

also a few things you might want to add or fix..
    The first story thing. There are more times listed. I have a feeling they might be important
    The second encounter with Shion you have it saying it happens on the same day as the first. It happens 7 days later on the 27th. I believe the one after that takes place on the 28th, but I haven't a way to confirm that right now. And the next story part after that I think takes place on the same day...

The new part takes place on 3/1

For those of you that are keeping track

The time line so far goes like this
    AP 228 - An incident occured

AP 238/2/20 (10:30) - You land on Naberius with Affin.
    AP 238/2/20 (11:00) - Darkers Appear on Naberius and Corner you. You and Affin Charge straight ahead.

AP 238/2/20 (11:30) - Ch0 Xeno arrives on scene and saves you.
    AP 238/2/20 (12:00) - Ch0 You face a Kartago on Naberius.
    AP 238/2/20 (12:30) - Ch0 Returns to the Drop Ship.

AP 238/2/20 (14:00) - First encounter with Shion.

AP 238/2/22 - Xeno B-3

AP 238/2/21 - John C-4
    AP 238/2/21 - Ulc A-4
    AP 238/2/21 - Leda E-4
    AP 238/2/22 - Tia & Patty C-5 仲良し姉妹アークス

AP 238/2/27 (14:00) - Second encounter with Shion.

AP 238/2/20 (10:00) - Shion sends you back in time?
    AP 238/2/20 (10:30) - You land on Naberius with Affin.
    AP 238/2/20 (11:00) - Darkers Appear on Naberius and Corner you, while you hear a plea for help, but you defeat them.
    AP 238/2/20 (11:30) - You and Affin follow the voice down the right path.
    AP 238/2/20 (12:00) - Ch1 You find Matoi and return to the drop ship.
    AP 238/2/20 (15:00) - Ch1 You arrive back on the ship and learn Matoi has Amnesia.

AP 238/2/2? (??:??) - Third encounter with Shion.

Matter Board 2 stuff

Masked Man story...

AP 238/3/1 (14:00) - Fourth encounter with Shion.

There is a scene with a Mage looking dude, 2 in fact, 1 is on the 21st, and the second which I'll be uploading shortly on the 24th and I think he has to do with Matoi, but I'm not sure.

What I find interesting about this is that Shion seems to be able to send you back in time, but she keeps on moving further into the future and can only seem to contact you every 7-8 days at a specific time, but that might just be me digging ^.^

Good job with the timeline. The story is getting more and more interesting by the moment.

Moved a bunch of translations to the first post.

Also changed the structure of the first post a little bit. Putting the Shion conversation with the corresponding matter board event. Cuts down on the number of spoiler-boxes a little bit.

Also what are the english names of the chapters?
    Last edited by Kion; Jul 4, 2012 at 08:47 PM.