Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Screen Turns White During Rain Effects

My friend is having an issue with PSO2. In light of him not having an account here (to my knowledge), I offered to make a thread for him to help him sort out this issue.

He did NOT have this issue during Closed Beta, so I suspect that it has to do with some new setting or something that he has been unable to turn off.

The issue is as follows:
    Whenever it rains in the Forest area for him, his screen turns completely white. Nothing else changes. He can still hear the gameplay in the background, he can still act, he can still move, etc. Nothing else breaks, just his screen goes white. Once the rain stops, it returns to normal.

He's tried changing the settings around, turning playing in fullscreen/windowed, etc. Nothing works. When playing in Windowed, only the game's window goes white (It's not like the entire screen goes white).

Was wondering if anyone knew of any setting in the config file (Because the Settings from the Launcher is very limited) that might turn off the rain effects, or any extra effect that might not be turned off from putting the settings at the lowest from the Settings window.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/5JcS6.jpg

His Specs:
    Processor : Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz (Dual core)
    Memory : 4096MB RAM
    DirectX : 11
    Graphics Card : Radeon x300

It's not the newest computer, or the most fit to play the game, but as I said before he was completely able to play during CBT...and I don't see any differences in graphics that would cause this kind of issue.

If anyone knows anything to attempt to fix it, please let me know.

I just registered so I can reply to any suggestions on how to solve this issue.

It's pretty frustrating. I haven't changed anything on the computer - nor have I really even used it- since Closed Beta occurred. The way it happens, it makes me think a file is corrupt or something, but I've tried using the file checker on the launcher to no avail. The file check option doesn't pick up anything wrong with anything.

I'm also not sure if it's the rain or if it's the fog (assuming it's there). My friend, the one I was partying with in the screen shot, said there was rain and fog at the same time, so either could be the issue.

I would try sending a support ticket to Sega if I thought I would get anything but the obligatory "update your graphics card and try again" type of automated reply. I'm not entirely confident in my ability to explain this issue in Japanese, either.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. It's aggravating playing blind for 10 or more minutes at a time in the "open world" maps and having to deal with enemies I can't watch the attacks of to try to get to the single zone maps.

I've got the same issue here. wondering whats up....

Likewise, i'm having the same issues, using an x800 card.

This didn't happen on the closed beta either. I've lowered every setting down to the lowest setting as well. Nothing works.

Did you guys run filecheck? (3rd option on the launcher)

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSphere View Post
    Did you guys run filecheck? (3rd option on the launcher)
    Yeah, I've run it several times over. It never picks up any corrupted files or anything.

I'm thinking this a Radeon related problem, changed out the x800 for a Nvida Geforce 7300 (Which i believe is worse then the x800) and the problem doesn't exist.

I'm having the same problem with the x800 graphics card.

Besides swapping out the card for a different one, does anyone know a solution to this?

I'm bumping the thread because it is unresolved and I have the same Issue on my laptop's Radeon X1270 Integrated GPU. I'm not sure if its the 10.2 legacy drivers or not. If anyone knows a fix for this white screen or a way to bypass the rain/fog entirely, it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by See_Kay View Post
    I'm bumping the thread because it is unresolved and I have the same Issue on my laptop's Radeon X1270 Integrated GPU. I'm not sure if its the 10.2 legacy drivers or not. If anyone knows a fix for this white screen or a way to bypass the rain/fog entirely, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Double bump. I don't have a spare graphics card and other hobbies currently draining my cash flow Have not played since open beta now because of this, which is a tad frustrating!

Looking forward to a fix though