Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

Xbox360 was moderated well enough. They gave us all the updates they could, so, I don't know what more "activity" you wanted from them.

Quote Originally Posted by SELENNA View Post
    PSU was bad and had lackluster content updates just like PSO because SEGA of America doesn't give a shit if content isn't updated like in Japan.
    This is patently false. SOA has gone on record saying that SOJ is responsible for the lackluster updates on this side of the pond; that is to say, SOJ just doesn't give a toss about the "dirty gaijin" outside of Japan. They can only translate the content that is given to them; SOJ wasn't giving them content, so shit went south.

This is actually how it is for pretty much any Japanese/Korean company that I've seen; NCSoft in particular has similarly stupid overseas business practices (but I at least have to give NCWest credit for trying to give what support they can).

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    This is patently false. SOA has gone on record saying that SOJ is responsible for the lackluster updates on this side of the pond; that is to say, SOJ just doesn't give a toss about the "dirty gaijin" outside of Japan. They can only translate the content that is given to them; SOJ wasn't giving them content, so shit went south.

This is actually how it is for pretty much any Japanese/Korean company that I've seen; NCSoft in particular has similarly stupid overseas business practices (but I at least have to give NCWest credit for trying to give what support they can).
    Wouldn't the solution be to just offer a english translation for the japanese version and let us play on there if we want? would be easier I'd think. Its not like pso has a massive amount of text in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    Wouldn't the solution be to just offer a english translation for the japanese version and let us play on there if we want? would be easier I'd think. Its not like pso has a massive amount of text in it.
    It's called a language barrier. Its effects have already been seen, with the 5+ "WHERE'S MY ENGLISH PATCH" threads. How do you expect those people to interact with Japanese players, who they will inevitably run into and be asked something that they have no idea what they're reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    Yeah, let's encourage the hundreds to thousands of little kiddies who can't speak Japanese to flood in-game chats to annoy the natives.

No. We're lucky to play as-is. If you want to play it in English, wait for the English version to come out - don't beg for an English translation to encourage more people to flood all-chat with English or other languages that annoy the Japanese players. People doing such activities is a major reason foreign countries are blocked from connecting to Japanese versions of most online games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post

+1 to this post, this is pretty much how it always went.