Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So let me guess. costs AC for extra mags?

Let me guess since sega is pretty much nickle and diming every little aspect of this game, I assume Mags have to be bought with AC as well? Its bad enough to even trade you need an AC item. (After OB)

yeppers

All F2P games use the cash shop to make money. You really should be quite happy that they even give you one to begin with.

If you really wish everything was handed to you for free, consider this. If they didn't make money, they wouldn't be able to host the servers you and everyone else play on. This is why all of the previous PSOs died off. Not enough money coming in.

With this sort of system set up, it greatly encourages spending and allows them to actually making profit without demanding an upfront 50 dollars and 15 a month afterwards.

They haven't charged you any money for core element, nor have they limited play time, or give paid player unfair advantage such as priority login, or god tier broken gear.
    Sega's system has been one of the more fair F2P MMO I've tried.

Deja vu. Didn't you just tell him essentially the same thing after he said essentially the same thing about Mag feeding in the mag feeding thread?

How about this, Scyris. If you didn't play the game you wouldn't have anything to complain about? Or maybe you could just give them 15 dollars a month and pretend it's a pay to play MMO and just buy what you need?

Or maybe just be grateful that they didn't just IP ban the US since it's doubtful that many US players will be paying them for points and Sega USA will eventually get to translating and releasing a US version a few months to a year behind the JP version in content.

Don't know about you but $30 for a pet that picks up items that are on the ground is beyond outrageous. Compared to that, PSO2 doesn't seem too bad.

If they IP ban the US it won't matter to me really since I don't live in the USA. Then again it depends on the prices of the items, I refuse to pay like 10-15 bucks for a mag for example. if its like 5 thou thats np. I don't mind supporting the game if the game has fair prices, which most f2p's don't sadly. Ones here don't seem to bad. Then again this is the japanese version, we'll have to see how atrocious the prices will be come the US ver. Wish they'd just announce it already insted of constantly dropping hints.

Quote Originally Posted by doomdragon83 View Post
    Don't know about you but $30 for a pet that picks up items that are on the ground is beyond outrageous. Compared to that, PSO2 doesn't seem too bad.
    Wait it's 30 bucks? Jeez.

Still, it's a good game. And it's free. Let's just see how far will they stretch this "mindset" of ours (and our goodwill).

Quote Originally Posted by sessilu04 View Post
    Wait it's 30 bucks? Jeez.

Still, it's a good game. And it's free. Let's just see how far will they stretch this "mindset" of ours (and our goodwill).
    I was referring to another f2p game (FlyFF), not PSO2. I don't know how much a Mag is going to cost (probably 500 Yen each) but it's not going to be $30.

Mags will cost the same as other system items, ie: roughly equivalent to 500 yen. The $30 pet is likely referring to WoW. Don't go panicking for no reason.