Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Loading...

Default Long Loading...

Sometimes, the game takes a very long time to load. The "Phantasy Star Online 2" thing doesn't appear in the bottom left during the light tube loading until the end. Once it does, loading is near instant. By long time, I mean an 60-120 seconds... for simple things like going to the quest launch area.

This isn't a computer specification issue, as I am more than qualified to run this game at 60 fps at all times. Even if I put the game on my SSD, it doesn't help; it feels like it's a connection issue?

Anyone have this problem?
    Last edited by Crevox; Jun 24, 2012 at 10:17 PM.

Last edited by Crevox; Jun 25, 2012 at 04:43 AM.

Continued bumpage

No one else I know has this problem...
    Last edited by Crevox; Jun 25, 2012 at 05:34 PM.

Ive been watching this thread for a few days cause I have the same issue. There is no reason my game should be loading as slowly as it is.

It seems like it can't actually load until that little promotional picture shows up, but it takes forever to appear.

Any info on this would be great.

Same problem. Exact, same, problem. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Skeleton Jelly View Post
    Ive been watching this thread for a few days cause I have the same issue. There is no reason my game should be loading as slowly as it is.

It seems like it can't actually load until that little promotional picture shows up, but it takes forever to appear.

Any info on this would be great.
    Exactly this. Neither of my two friends (or it seems like, anyone I've partied with) has this issue. But, I can't stand it.

I don't really have slow loading most of the time, but it does freeze up pretty much every time its loading, and sometimes it even crashes if i click my mouse while its frozen.

I noticed that a couple times if I alt-tabbed out (I play windowed) when its frozen at the loading screen the game would instantly load, which makes me think theres a problem. I also get a ton of crashes from alt-tabbing, so much that I don't even do it cause I'm afraid itll crash. makes looking up stuff I need to know about alot harder on me...

I just get to sit and stare at the tube for a long, long time and then suddenly the banner appears in the bottom left, 1-2 seconds later, I'm in game.

I put the whole game into a RAMdisk to see if that would help, but no, it just sits at the tube until it decides to let me play.

Anyone else who has this issue, maybe we could share computer specs and settings and see if it's something like that.

CPU: i7 860
    Video Card: HD 7850 (also occurred on an HD 6870)
    RAM: 12gb @ 1333

Settings are all maxed out (high quality shaders, preset 5, anti aliasing, virtual full screen mode)
    Last edited by Crevox; Jun 26, 2012 at 09:04 AM.

My friend is having the same exact problem, still don't know why it's caused. It get's kinda annoying when you gotta wait a minute or 2 to actually begin the mission

OK Here are my specs.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @2.66 GHz
    8 GB DDR2 RAM
    Radeon HD 6850 1 GB

One thing that is worth mentioning is my hard drive does not have tons of free space right now and I am working to alleviate that. Crevox are you in a similar situation?

Also, I have tried putting my games settings down and notice virtually no difference in load time, so I am sure that something is amiss. I wish the game could just find its promotional pic faster.

EDIT: Also, Everything loads slow except first entering an area from a ship. So like, If I get a quest tehn go into the ship that loads slow, but then it loads as it normall should when I go from ship to caves 1 or whatever. Is this true for everyone?
    Last edited by Skeleton Jelly; Jun 26, 2012 at 02:53 PM.