Default Pokemon Conquest + Nobunaga's Ambition

I got it release day, and I'm 12 hours in.

Foolishly trying to maintain a balanced team, but most of the 'strategy' seems too easy. I'm intrigued though. I don't quite fully understand the purpose of the month-to-month system. The trainers have elemental affiliations, and it also seems they can 'evolve'. Also, in true Nintendo fashion, out with the old and in with the new; you cannot obtain all current.. what, 600ish? pokemon in this game, only the however many they deemed popular for the current gen. They picked out the popular, or memorable ones from every generation. In a team of six, you must bring your Eevee and Jigglypuff to every plot battle; this is inconvenient when facing certain kingdoms (Rock and Fighting come to mind, pretty sure there's a Ghost somewhere)

Turns out Nobunga's Ambition is a long running series with history. I think it's kinda cool they did a pokemon tie-in. I think this is the closest we'll ever get to a pokemon strategy game. I can see a Pokemon tactical working as FFT style, but the whole idea of warlords/trainer tie-ins makes it frustrating. You can't fully level up (link %) unless you have a good element synchronization.

Link to Serebii's passwords

Discuss!

Edit: Firo's alive. yay.

I like it. :3

I just evolved my Eevee into a Leafeon (which turned out surprisingly tankish thanks to its ability to recover some HP every turn) and conquered the last castle. Not certain if I want to go on to the 'next step'(<- spoilers, so I'm keeping that vague) yet or if I want to try levelling/evolving/catching more Pokemon first. I've heard that things that are evolved stay evolved during the next step. :3

I breezed through the main story of the game in about 11 hours, and even though it was rather short I still enjoyed it quite a bit. The story modes that are playable after the main story offer more of a challenge, as during the month to month progression the other castles will actually train and get stronger, as well as march their army to you to do battle.
    "Destiny, chance, fate, fortune--they're all just ways of claiming your success without claiming your failures."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymeria View Post
    I like it. :3

I just evolved my Eevee into a Leafeon (which turned out surprisingly tankish thanks to its ability to recover some HP every turn) and conquered the last castle. Not certain if I want to go on to the 'next step'(<- spoilers, so I'm keeping that vague) yet or if I want to try levelling/evolving/catching more Pokemon first. I've heard that things that are evolved stay evolved during the next step. :3
    Actually, after taking a look at the stats and such of each Eeveelution (with Flareon still being the worst. What a surprise T^T), I do recall Leafeon being one of the better ones. Statistically, anyway. I strayed away from Leafeon, though, for the fact that it's a Grass-type. Still good, though, I'd assume.

Evolved mine into an Umbreon for the tanky stats. I honestly never got around to using it very often, since I didn't bother with evolving it until the end. It honestly didn't do terribly, much to my surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by YuugiTheStrong View Post
    Actually, after taking a look at the stats and such of each Eeveelution (with Flareon still being the worst. What a surprise T^T), I do recall Leafeon being one of the better ones. Statistically, anyway. I strayed away from Leafeon, though, for the fact that it's a Grass-type. Still good, though, I'd assume.

Evolved mine into an Umbreon for the tanky stats. I honestly never got around to using it very often, since I didn't bother with evolving it until the end. It honestly didn't do terribly, much to my surprise.

Oh nice, Umbreon. Which ability does yours have? I was thinking the 'Melee' ability might compliment those tanky stats nicely... because if you place Umbreon in the middle of a group of enemies, you'll be doing random damage to them after each of your allies makes a move. At least that seemed to be the way Melee worked when I had it on some early game Pokemon... I think it was one of the elemental monkies... XD

Leafeon ties with Vaporeon for highest stat total out of the Eeveelutions. The Life Force ability along with decent stats made me want one. Plus I have so many in my team that can hit multiple enemies at once that friendly fire was beginning to be hard to avoid, so having a Leafeon with a 4star move that just hits a single opponent with a chance for a critical hit sounded good to me. Next I might go with Vaporeon, Glaceon or Umbreon. Vaporeon is the easiest to get so depends on my patience.

(and yep poor Flareon with the worst stats, and still no Flare Blitz TT^TT)

...Alakazam can have the Life Force ability too! I might try to get one

Quote Originally Posted by Nymeria View Post
    Oh nice, Umbreon. Which ability does yours have? I was thinking the 'Melee' ability might compliment those tanky stats nicely... because if you place Umbreon in the middle of a group of enemies, you'll be doing random damage to them after each of your allies makes a move. At least that seemed to be the way Melee worked when I had it on some early game Pokemon... I think it was one of the elemental monkies... XD

Leafeon ties with Vaporeon for highest stat total out of the Eeveelutions. The Life Force ability along with decent stats made me want one. Plus I have so many in my team that can hit multiple enemies at once that friendly fire was beginning to be hard to avoid, so having a Leafeon with a 4star move that just hits a single opponent with a chance for a critical hit sounded good to me. Next I might go with Vaporeon, Glaceon or Umbreon. Vaporeon is the easiest to get so depends on my patience.

(and yep poor Flareon with the worst stats, and still no Flare Blitz TT^TT)

...Alakazam can have the Life Force ability too! I might try to get one
    It has....ah...I don't really wanna check. I'm pretty sure it has either Shackle or Dodge (betting on Shackle), since I wanted it to be some kind of tank. I thought about turning it into a Vaporeon, actually, but I didn't want to use any of the abilities. For the most part, I don't imagine they would help all that much.

I thought about getting Alakazam. But I'm pretty impatient, and don't wanna train pokemon (personally or not) I'm not exceptionally drawn to. To be fair, though, I've never actually considered coordinating a team, so maybe that's why I'm not into training my pokemon. :v