Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by futamieriko View Post
    It's also a gift from Maloo if you have her friendship maxed out and have received Grantz from her already.
    Maxed? Hardly.

In order, I believe she gives Grants, consumable, consumable, Gigrants, consumable, Anti, more consumables, for each 5 S ranks.

The JP wiki has a list of all of the gifts - there's a LOT of PAs in there.

The other force girls starts with Resta 1, which is pathetic, but eventually gives Shifta and Deband 5.

I do wish Grants and Gigrants would DROP somewhere. They may just be as rare as Deband is. I've seen only one Deband disc drop, from the rare red crates. Ever. I promptly used it. (Okay, I got it once in CB too, also in forest)

So yeah, burn up some missions with the NPCs. Good for when you're leveling a new class or something - and plenty of soloable missions when grinding. (The desert free mission is trivial with Gigrants, as it just melts through the hordes of dark enemies, mangles most mechs, and can shred the boss and all its tentacles at once with a giant blender of light)

Overall, Grants is mediocre (aim is shit in TPS mode, basically), and Gigrants is godly... I basically use almost nothing but Gigrants and Rabarta to mow down normal enemies. And half the bosses in the game (Gigrants works great on Ragne too, just by being good damage+light element).

Actually, Gigrants was the worst tech in the CB - it was bugged and only hit once. One hit of 80-100 damage is bad. Six is awesome.
    Last edited by Randomness; Jun 26, 2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Coming Soon!

I personally thought Grants was pretty good myself, at least against single target enemies. ~300% for 20PP is nothing to scoff at.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    Good for stagger and confusion spam on monsters that are durable and have good AoE. Rafoie trivializes it for damage though, and casts much faster (provided you went the PP Revival route). Grants is the best spell ever for breaking those roadblocks though.

Gigrants is amazing though, and the range is ridiculous.
    I love Gigrants.

FYI, Grants is by far the best attack for hitting weak points on Darkers, especially the bosses like Dark Ragne (where you can actually swat it from the sky if you lock on to its weak point while it's open). It always hits the target, without exception. It can never miss, and unlike Zonde, it doesn't suffer from accidentally hitting the wrong target due to a larger AoE (or a ridiculous base PP cost).

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    FYI, Grants is by far the best attack for hitting weak points on Darkers, especially the bosses like Dark Ragne (where you can actually swat it from the sky if you lock on to its weak point while it's open). It always hits the target, without exception. It can never miss, and unlike Zonde, it doesn't suffer from accidentally hitting the wrong target due to a larger AoE (or a ridiculous base PP cost).
    I know what you mean there, but with the Dark Ragne it is sometimes annoying to get a lock on the weak point. If it is being awkward, I tend to lock onto the middle of the back and rafoie that. It hits the weakpoint but the damage is much more variable than grants (~450-~650 per hit compared to grants' ~120 for each individual hit for the tech (remember that grants hits 6 times total for each charged cast).) So if I can get the weakpoint pretty quickly then I will use grants, if not then I will rafoie.