Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Auto Words/Marco Guide(Open Beta Version Fixed)

Macro are just regular macros. Auto words are text that can activate base on the situation they are specified for. Such as being heal or finishing an emergency code. Their very nifty and can be customized completely. I'll try and not ramble around and keep it simple.

1.How to get to Macro/Auto Words.

Spoiler!

2.How to set and use marcos.

Spoiler!

3.Changing Colors and Adding Variables(Info came from the awesome JeyKama)
    Spoiler!

4.How to set up/use auto words.
    Spoiler!

You can add faces and animations to them like this.

Someone has already made a pretty rocking guide for that so I'll link you to that.
    Last edited by nightmesh; Jun 29, 2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Miss and Misplace some things. Added something that we're left out.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmesh View Post
    As far as I know the keyboard doesn't have a hotkey for macros.
    It's CTRL+F1 thru F10

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Oh my God thank you so much. I've been dying to get some autowords in besides my aweful mission end macro, and haven't been able to find any translations to them at all. They're hard enough to set up in english!
    These transfer over to my NPC too, right? And automatically updated on her?

Erm, questions.
    If you have multiple chat bubbles, like you have in your post, does that mean the game chooses one of them at random?

Also, what's the difference between a PSE and a PSE burst? Is the former just when the PSE of the area levels up?

Closed beta, there was an option to say something when I joined a party. But I don't see that on your list. Was this changed, or is it under a different name?
    Last edited by Zorafim; Jun 28, 2012 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Erm, questions.
    If you have multiple chat bubbles, like you have in your post, does that mean the game chooses one of them at random?

Also, what's the difference between a PSE and a PSE burst? Is the former just when the PSE of the area levels up?

Closed beta, there was an option to say something when I joined a party. But I don't see that on your list. Was this changed, or is it under a different name?
    1) Yes, you can have up to 3 options for every trigger, and it will choose a random one for variation.

2) You'll know the difference when you get a PSE Burst, but it's different.

3) I believe that option is the last one on the first tab, but I need the game to be up to double check. He has it as "Cancelling Party Mission" but without seeing the original text I can't tell.

My own question:
    For low/med/high damage, you have it was "received damage," which is how I perceived it. My teammate swears it's dealt damage. Can anyone verify when it triggers on their end?
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Great! a guide to Marco's, now I can finally get that pizza ordered.....ohwait....

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post
    1) Yes, you can have up to 3 options for every trigger, and it will choose a random one for variation.

2) You'll know the difference when you get a PSE Burst, but it's different.

3) I believe that option is the last one on the first tab, but I need the game to be up to double check. He has it as "Cancelling Party Mission" but without seeing the original text I can't tell.

My own question:
    For low/med/high damage, you have it was "received damage," which is how I perceived it. My teammate swears it's dealt damage. Can anyone verify when it triggers on their end?
    I honestly never set the pse ones but I'll try it when the game comes up to see when it actually actives.

About the damage one. Tested it and also have a friend that tested it on his too. It's received damage. Though I only have heavy damage because auto words for the others seem silly. The heavy only comes up 1/4 hard hit. I tested the dogde/rolling by accident and its surprising not as annoying as I thought it would be. As long as you don't use a face(animations are fine) for it is totally not distracting.

They used to have one for when you got stuck in a trap and got release from one but they took it out in obt. Really wanted that one. =/

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

That's weird. You'd think that would be the best time to have an autoword. Though I've learned to dodge through the explosion, so it doesn't effect me now.

Thanks for mentioning the dodging and heavy damage ones. I was curious about how annoying those are. If they aren't bad, I might not be so hesitant to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    That's weird. You'd think that would be the best time to have an autoword. Though I've learned to dodge through the explosion, so it doesn't effect me now.

Thanks for mentioning the dodging and heavy damage ones. I was curious about how annoying those are. If they aren't bad, I might not be so hesitant to make one.
    Yah I went a little crazy at first and put faces/animations on everything. XD I now only have faces for dying/reviving/heavy damage/healing/leveling up/Code Start. Woah that sounds like a lot but most rarely ever happen to me. All my others are just text with nice animations.

you should add how people go about turning them off when they have NPCs in their party. I've heard you can do it, but don't know how.

Well I found a option that was posted on pso fan blog but not sure if its in obt. I'll post it down here and not in the guide if its wrong. It doesn't turn off just npc but everyone's,including yours, if I guess correct.

You'd get to this menu by choosing the third option on the settings(gear box).

Communication Settings

Communication Settings

コミュニケーション設定 Communication Settings

ダイレクトチャット Direct Chat
    [Top = ON]
    [Bottom = OFF]
    オートワード使用設定 Use Autowords
    [Top = ON]
    [Bottom = OFF]

オートワードをログに表示 Log Autowords
    [Top = ON]
    [Bottom = OFF]