Page 1 of 50 123411 ... LastLast

Default Force Talent Tree Talk

So I did see a few other threads with some ideas but I wanted to make a thread talking about the Force Talent Tree. Right now I went with what most people are doing with:

3 Tech Damage Up
    5 Fire Mastery
    5 Fire Charge Boost S
    1 Charge Tech PP Revival

I'm wondering where to put the rest of my points. I see a lot of people putting points into Bolt Tech PP Save but is that really worth it? Considering you could also simply boost Tech Damage for everything by going with either the first Talent in the tree or the Charge Damage Boost Talents you have unlocked in the Fire Tree?

I'm trying to debate on the best course of action for maximum damage. Also does anyone know how much damage the Tech Damage Up Talent boost will actually give you in terms of damage?

Just wanted to get some other players insight. I'm torn on what to spend the rest of my points on. Right now I mainly use RaFoie and GiGrants. I do use GiZonde occasionally but it feels somewhat buggy where it doesn't always hit the target and sometimes I feel like it travels to other targets but doesn't show/do the damage. Is Bolt Tech PP Save really worth it over the other damage boosting talents you could get or PP UP.

I'm Level 28 currently; Bolt Tech PP Save is paying for itself. The concept of swarms of mobs being a threat, is completely nonexistent now. Hard Ragne's adds may as well not even spawn.

If you don't want Bolt Tech PP Save, max Flame Tech S Charge and go from there; it's the only alternative that I feel competes. Being able to throw out Fire techs at twice the speed is invaluable, to the point where I expect most Forces to have both PP Save and S Charge maxed when the cap hits 40.

Do not ignore these abilities. They are your biggest damage boost.

Ya but you're stuck using Zonde forever with Bolt PP Save. If I went something like just pure tech power up with Tech Charge or the first talent in the tree I'd be able to use any spells I want whenever and they would all have extra damage.

Plus Bolt PP Save only works with the Zonde Tree Line Correct? So if you go that route you'd want to max out Bolt Mastery as well for the damage since you'll only be using Zonde spells for the most part.

I wish they have a Light Tree.. I also wonder if there will be a Wind/Dark Tree eventually.

Maximum damage? If that's what you want, you should strongly consider getting Photon Flare. The Tech Attack boost from that is pretty much ridiculous.

Edit: By the way, why stop at 5 points? A lot of these "talents" increase in effectiveness the more points you put into them, with points from 6-10 often being more effective point-for-point than points from 1-5.

I tried out Photon Flare in Closed Beta. Its nice but it has a cooldown time and its so deep in the tree I think unless you really like Ice you're doing more harm then good going for it over other things.

High damage and sustainability seems like the way to go. Thats why I'm on the fence about Bolt Tech PP save. You're able to get out more cast but on the other hand you could be putting all those points into say PP up giving you a extra 50 PP to use for whatever.

You wouldn't stop at 5 points for a few of the things such as Bolt Tech since its not worth it really otherwise. I'm just debating on what would be best. I really don't want to stick with just one or two elements I like using all my techs when the need arises.

In reality Rafoie/GiZonde/GiGrants seem to be my go to.

We need to think thought when Wind and Dark and stronger light magic techniques come out they could be superior. I mean GiGrants at level 3 does massive damage as it is and we dont even have the level 5 disk yet. Would it be better to simply go for something that will give you more power across the board?

The things that do this are Tech Power Up (First Talent), Tech Charge Boost 1&2 (Fire Tree), Photon Flare (Ice Tree). PP Up would also be useful.

The reason I'm asking is boosting one Tech Charge Tree gives you 10% more damage to all charged spells so if you max both that's 20% more damage. Boosting one master tree such as Fire Master gives you 20% to fire flat out. I'm not sure how much Tech Power Up equates into damage as it gives 50 Tech Attack I think at 10.

Since Skill Resets are not free and you want to look at the where we are going as to where we are now. I don't want to shoot my self in the foot going for Bolt Tech PP save when new spells come out or when you just wont be using Bolt Spells that much.

Lightning Magic is good and it seems strong but its also boring to stick with one spell tree don't you agree? I'm just trying to make my force as strong as it can be with good sustainability in a fight. You're going to run out of force power either way buffing and healing along with attacking. Cards get it back easy if you need to charge it but every second you're recovering magic its more damage lost.

Hard Choices.

Well, it sounds to me like your mind's already made up. Just stick with things that aren't element-specific and that'll be more future-proof than specializing in an element.

Me, I've already poured a ton of points into bolt tech talents. It's just my kinda thing, really.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixStryk View Post
    I'm Level 28 currently; Bolt Tech PP Save is paying for itself. The concept of swarms of mobs being a threat, is completely nonexistent now. Hard Ragne's adds may as well not even spawn.

If you don't want Bolt Tech PP Save, max Flame Tech S Charge and go from there; it's the only alternative that I feel competes. Being able to throw out Fire techs at twice the speed is invaluable, to the point where I expect most Forces to have both PP Save and S Charge maxed when the cap hits 40.

Do not ignore these abilities. They are your biggest damage boost.
    I do agree it is a nice ability, but I find that this is a fairly lack luster ability when you take into account the fact that if you go into the fire tree... you are going to get PP charge revival

Yes in large groups of small enemies, where you do not have to worry about your PP pool as much, Flame Tech S Charge is amazing, but when you get to bosses that take huge amount of damage to take down... problems stat to come up... such as not having an unlimited pp pool

If you are finished charging and casting in half the time, then you are also diminishing the effectiveness of Charge PP Revival due to the reduced time to charge an ability. So, atleast on paper by having Charge PP revival (and limited PP reserves), you would instead want to go for higher damage to make each PP more effective, and to top things off... you are doubling your pp usage

The main problem with Flame Tech Charge S is that PP is the main limit to your damage, not the charge speed, though it will probably let you get off an extra attack here and there... I don't think this extra attack will be enough to make up for the PP starvation you will be facing with Flame Tech Charge S

For these reasons I believe Pure damage should be built if you are going into the Fire tree, though I am not sure if this is completely accurate because I have not done the math on it...

my planned build: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...!IEkbI2e2Ixinj

I decided to go fire tree to try and be elementally neutral as possible, for future content releases

also 1 point into each element because the first point is 5% for each
    Last edited by moeri; Jun 26, 2012 at 09:33 AM.

Ya what you have is something what I was thinking about going for. The one point in each mastery makes sense since it gives you 5-10% damage right off the bat I think for one point.

The only other things I'm considering are going for PP up (probably in the freeze tree since Freeze boost would be way more useful then shock boost) and raising the primary Tech Damage Up skill you start with. Does anyone know how much 50 Tech Power equates into damage?

Right now we don't have the points to go for both thought. Going down the freeze tree for photon flare might be worth it later on as more levels open up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by moeri View Post
    The main problem with Flame Tech Charge S is that PP is the main limit to your damage, not the charge speed. If you are finished charging and casting in half the time, then you are also diminishing the effectiveness of Charge PP Revival due to the reduced time to charge an ability.
    Ah, but you have made an oversight: how, pray tell, do you spend the surplus of PP generated during your mag's Photon Burst? Without Flame Tech S Charge, you are bound to waste the tail end of it sitting pretty with a full PP bar.

Make no mistake, I agree that PP efficiency is key in maximizing Force's damage output; it is for this reason that every Force grabs PP Revival and Bolt Tech PP Save. However, even these two abilities ignore the lesser half of the puzzle: they don't have a PP dump during high-generation scenarios. It is only through Flame Tech S Charge that you can finally address this failing.

I encourage you to both plan beyond the Level 30 cap, and investigate exactly how potent Charge Tech Advance really is. I am led to believe that there are better ways to spend your SP...

Quote Originally Posted by FenixStryk View Post
    Ah, but you have made an oversight: how, pray tell, do you spend the surplus of PP generated during your mag's Photon Burst? Without Flame Tech S Charge, you are bound to waste the tail end of it sitting pretty with a full PP bar.

Make no mistake, I agree that PP efficiency is key in maximizing Force's damage output; it is for this reason that every Force grabs PP Revival and Bolt Tech PP Save. However, even these two abilities ignore the lesser half of the puzzle: they don't have a PP dump during high-generation scenarios. It is only through Flame Tech S Charge that you can finally address this failing.

I encourage you to both plan beyond the Level 30 cap, and investigate exactly how potent Charge Tech Advance really is. I am led to believe that there are better ways to spend your SP...
    Well, it seems I have much to learn, because I did not know my mag was giving me PP during its photon blast. Though photon blasts are fairly short... so I do not think it will be enough PP to make a difference in an extended battle.

I will look into this when I get back online

Though it is still only for fire techs, and I am worried... that putting things into one element might be a bit dangerous

You make a good point nonetheless and testing will need to be done to determine the effectiveness of the ability

I am still worried that a photon blast would give a huge spike in damage, then afterward damage output would again be lower, eventually overtaken by a character without Flame Tech S charge

Precisely why I am so worried about spending points in particular elements
    Last edited by moeri; Jun 26, 2012 at 10:16 AM.