Default How does Photon Blast tie in terms of level??

I am trying to raise a Ability/Skill Mag with that has six arms. But the trouble is that everytime I raise the skriking skill higher for 5 level interval, at level lv40 it changes back to Striking/Blow Mag and gives me a Unicorn. So I try to raise the Ability stats again and it changes back.

So my question is, is that going to be keep going back and forth unless I always have the Ability stat higher than the skriking skill? Seems like a feature of this game??
    Currently on the more advanced version of PSU

Skilled Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by psu000 View Post
    I am trying to raise a Ability/Skill Mag with that has six arms. But the trouble is that everytime I raise the skriking skill higher for 5 level interval, at level lv40 it changes back to Striking/Blow Mag and gives me a Unicorn. So I try to raise the Ability stats again and it changes back.

So my question is, is that going to be keep going back and forth unless I always have the Ability stat higher than the skriking skill? Seems like a feature of this game??
    Mag evolution is completely dependant on having a dominant stat, so yes.

That's exactly how MAGs worked in PSO. The highest stat primarily determined the type of MAG it was and the game checked every 5 levels. I imagine it's the same in PSO2. Unless there's an item or evolution that locks the change, you might just have to embrace the unicorn.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Have you tried to give it items that raise Ability only? PA disks are perfect in that case.
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.

Yes that's what I did origianlly, but I didn't anticipate the Photon Blast to keep changing. In the old days, you get your 3 PA and that sticks to your Mag. Right now, It keep swinging around between six hands monster to Unicorn PB. That's the bit I got confuse because I did not gain another PB like the old days, my PB is swapping along with the mag stat.

You can swap the PA by raising another stat up?

Damn, I might raise ability back up then, I kinda like the sixarmed PB as opposed to the unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by HFlowen View Post
    You can swap the PA by raising another stat up?

Damn, I might raise ability back up then, I kinda like the sixarmed PB as opposed to the unicorn.

That is exactly what I wanna do because I don't like the unicorn either! Now I have to make sure it's always Ability > Stiking Skill +Def

I mean the bit that it doesn't make sense now is what was the mag guide talking about this statment

"Each mag has a particular PB and there is 3 varieties of their particular PB (Brogile/Imera/Nifuta). Each variety doing different attacks and having different animations and possibly status effects. I have also included pictures of each beast from the wiki in spoilers tags."

It's either a glitch or a feature of Open Beta?? or it meant something else I don't get it??

Aww man, I was hoping there was someway I could get a unicorn on my ranger! I mean come on! UNICORN!!!

Prehaps the other way to ask this question is: Anyway got a Mag with 2 or more PB? Mine is on lv 50 now, still one PB

Quote Originally Posted by Siatome View Post
    Aww man, I was hoping there was someway I could get a unicorn on my ranger! I mean come on! UNICORN!!!
    I know that feel, bro.

I actually got an unicorn on my force, still level 35, but I guess I can't go for now on for tech because it'd swap back to the fish, unless I level it up to 51 striking, the rest for tech or something. I guess I'll leave it at level 35 and see what happens.