Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TecherRamen View Post
    Freeze ignition is pretty awesome. what Im noticing its realy good for is boss fights. not only if you can freeze a boss, but if you can freeze the little enemies that spawn and swarm you, freeze ignition will realy thin the herd. Also Im noticing with bosses that you get opportunities to wail on them, at those times photon flare is realy excelent. Both skills would be a lot better with a shorter cool down time; Especially freeze ignition.
    If Ignition had like a 20 sec cd, I'd mow through normal packs a bit faster (Only a bit-desert has almost everything spawning weak to light... so Gigrants ftw), and could capitalize on boss freezing more.

And Flare is perfect for when Ragne's leg breaks - Flare, throw card, unleash Gigrants on the back of the head.
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    And Flare is perfect for when Ragne's leg breaks - Flare, throw card, unleash Gigrants on the back of the head.
    You can still hit Ragne's weak spot on the back of his head even when he doesn't fall.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I'm considering going down Ice when I level my force. So I have to ask. When would you use this skill? Spamming it doesn't seem like a good idea, since it does a ton of damage. And using it to mow down mobs doesn't seem plausible, since you said you need to be right on top of them. Using it on bosses doesn't seem great, since if you freeze a boss, you want your team to whale on it while it's frozen instead of doing a ton of damage and freeing it.

It just seems too good to use. I'm not missing something, am I?

I see one big hurdle to overcome when using freeze ignition in a team: Your teammates will likely break the ice before you can set off the skill. It doesn't come out instantly, and any kind of attack will remove the frozen status from an enemy.

In my opinion, freeze ignition will be much better (and easier) to use when you're going solo.

One other thing. It doesn't seem to work on the vol dragon when it's feet are frozen, which is disappointing.

So did you ever end up getting Freeze ignition to 10 to try it out? I put one point in and regretted it since it seems it has to be all or nothing. I noticed it not working on dragon as well Since it doesn't work on him I assume by extension it doesn't work on any boss at all? Possibly only mini-bosses or fodder mobs? If this is the case it really makes the skill very,.... limited in its usefulness?

Any further results?

Its good if youre sniping with barta from far away and you catch somethin close to you you can knock it out. I have it at 10. I think it peaks some where from lvl 6-8. after 8 the level by level gains diminish. IT does not work on bosses other than kayatadoran. i also have a build with one point in it and it is worthless at that level. I will raise it to 6 once the level cap increases. Hopefully it becomes rebalanced in the future
    PSO2 Ramen Force Newman Male
    Ship 10
    Block 20