Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Anyone running this game with an Nvidia?

I'm curious; I'm planning on upgrading to an SLI rig instead of sticking with Radeon cause I want my PhysX back in some of my games hehe. Anyway, my question is for those who're running on an Nvidia GTX series that has a physx generator, are you noticing anything from it? As in possibly more smoke? More particles flying about? Better disintegration for enemies you kill? Better looking skill effects?

I'm just mainly asking to pretty much determine how soon I'll want to get my cards.
    "If you set a course for the moon and merely found the stars, then you will miss that which you have set forth."
    -Kevin Finn as Ninja

I'm running it with a nvidia GT6200. But I don't use a physx generator I think. Also can you explain more about a generator lol. Do you mean power supply?
    Last edited by Lostbob117; Jun 27, 2012 at 02:31 PM.

Skilled Fighter

I have not played PSO2 with a Radeon card, but I have experience highly boosted graphical effects in other MMOs I have played after I switched out of my Radeon to a GTX.

Perhaps if you could take some screenshots of launcher explosions or force fire PAs I could compare them and tell you if you're missing anything.

PSO2 was optimized for NVIDIA graphics cards, though, so the probability of enhanced particles is pretty high.

NVIDIA generally has better drivers geared specifically towards games to begin with, so in all honesty I'd recommend making the switch as soon as possible.

Though, depending on your processor speed and what games you plan on running besides PSO2, and which cards you plan on SLIing, I'm not sure it's worth your money. GTX 400 series and 500 series single cards can already handle PSO2 beyond good enough.

i compared the game on my high end Laptop with my desktop running SLI 550T's and it looks insanely better, cant go wrong with Physx eye candy

i have geforce GTS 450 and it runing smooth and this game support nivida graphic cards

nvidia geforce 9800 gt. Old-school and still runs the game fantastically. The game really is not too requirement heavy.

I wouldn't use anything other than an nvidia, honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    I'm running it with a nvidia GT6200. But I don't use a physx generator I think. Also can you explain more about a generator lol. Do you mean power supply?
    how much ram you have and what your processor if your processor slower then your card then you bottle neck your computer

Nvidia GeForce GTX470 n.n
    Im' running the game at full graphics, 1920x1200

GLORY TO POUNY !!!!!
    pounybunny !! nuuuu !!

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109875

I have 1gb of ram DDR1 lol also .5 more ram for the video ram which counts as normal ram pretty much on games. My processer I think intel something.

Skilled Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    I have 1gb of ram DDR1 lol also .5 more ram for the video ram which counts as normal ram pretty much on games. My processer I think intel something.
    You're due for an upgrade. You could buy a $600 laptop that would dominate the specs on your current system.

And to answer your previous question, the PhysX Generator is a special driver feature exclusive to NVIDIA graphics cards. If your drivers are outdated, you probably don't have it.