Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ships 4, 8, and 10

Haven't been on there in a while, how are they doing in terms of:

* English population
    * Number of people actually doing runs
    * Frequency of locked groups
    * Severity of lag

Also, for people who've been playing on one of these ships and ship 2, how do they compare?

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

I'm a bit curious too.
    PSO2 Character Info -
    IGN: JenTy
    Ship: 02
    Block: 20

I can only speak for 10, but lesse...

English Population: Fairly good. I always hang out on block 20 when possible (The one time I got locked out was during an emergency quest event). I know a few people here and there, and all of them have been very helpful. We occasionally get the dance party, maybe a little troublemaker here and there, but for the most bit, it's been great.

Number of people actually doing runs: Varies here and there. I almost always make my own group to do a run with, but I have seen a good number of groups. We still get a fair number of people idling in the lobby too, can't lie about that. But as far as runs are concerned, you can almost always find a group to run with if you check through the mission counter.

Frequency of locked groups: I personally haven't noticed many. The most i've seen them, though, were during Emergency Missions, and even then, it was only 4 or 5 of them. Other times, people had it set to friend only (I think), so not sure if that counts or not...

Severity of lag: Well, yesterday was an odd day for me. I managed to get a lagspike during a desert mission a friend invited me to. But it was the only time the entire day i'd managed to get it. The rest of the day (And all days prior to it), I played with no trouble. Lag-wise, and not counting yesterdays late-night mission run on my end, I think it's fairly little.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by XionAsuka View Post
    I can only speak for 10, but lesse...

English Population: Fairly good. I always hang out on block 20 when possible (The one time I got locked out was during an emergency quest event). I know a few people here and there, and all of them have been very helpful. We occasionally get the dance party, maybe a little troublemaker here and there, but for the most bit, it's been great.

Number of people actually doing runs: Varies here and there. I almost always make my own group to do a run with, but I have seen a good number of groups. We still get a fair number of people idling in the lobby too, can't lie about that. But as far as runs are concerned, you can almost always find a group to run with if you check through the mission counter.

Frequency of locked groups: I personally haven't noticed many. The most i've seen them, though, were during Emergency Missions, and even then, it was only 4 or 5 of them. Other times, people had it set to friend only (I think), so not sure if that counts or not...

Severity of lag: Well, yesterday was an odd day for me. I managed to get a lagspike during a desert mission a friend invited me to. But it was the only time the entire day i'd managed to get it. The rest of the day (And all days prior to it), I played with no trouble. Lag-wise, and not counting yesterdays late-night mission run on my end, I think it's fairly little.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks, it does.

I'm surprised at how few people even looked at this.

Consider this post a bump for more info.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

Im on ship 10 as well.

* English population - fairly good amount on block 20... and overall I see more english names than japanese names (even when i first load in random block). But that could very well be related to tme zones.
    * Number of people actually doing runs - I'm not so sure about this one. I do runs the whole time for the most part, and when I actually get people to play with (not often), they will be doing runs all night as well. There are a lot of tiny dancers... and the spamming of symbolarts that you get in 2 im sure. When I see people like that they remind me of tween mall dwellers... just being a burden in public for the shear art of being a burden in public. There will be a number of people asking for help with runs, some get responses, some don't. I try to help if I can.
    * Frequency of locked groups - I don't see a ton, but the frequency has been gaining. I presume due to people actually figuring out how to lock it. I've come across the situation multiple times where I join a party when they first start, and shortly after jumping into the pool to start playing, i'll be booted out. I presumed they didn't want me playing with them... I don't know. I tend to lock my quests when i'm doing something that I don't want to bother other people with... like testing PAs or weapons, etc.
    * Severity of lag - I have had my fair share of lag here and there. Biggest issues I've had is enemies that dont die/ lag in item pickup, enemies that don't load for me that my party is fighting (that may be on my end) and once the free forest boss didn't load, leaving me stranded.

Sounds nicer than Ship 2 to me... I think I might have to spawn a character over there.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

I'm on Ship 4 myself. I haven't played too much(damn you, work!), but this is what I've noticed:

English population - Except for friends that I've personally invited, I've not seen anyone at all. I heard that there were a lot of people from 4chan or something like that going to Ship 4, but I have no idea what Block they frequent, and I probably never want to find out if they act anything like people in Ship 2 do. They're definitely not making a scene outside of whatever Block they go to, if they even exist.

Number of people actually doing runs - A good amount, but if you were to join Ship 4 you better learn some generic Japanese so that you can have some form of contact with people you join. The people I've played with are typically pretty nice, though, happy to help out if you know how to ask.

Frequency of locked groups - About 50/50. If I have a problem finding a mission I need, I just change Blocks and usually am fine.

Severity of lag - During peak Japanese times it's brutal. Almost every Block is full and there's frequent lag spikes. At night time in EST, it's non-existent, barely noticeable if there's any at all.

Space Ninja Cowboy

Ship 10 player here

English Community; like others above have said, it's fairly decent around block 20. There are a few dance parties going on and a little lobby idle, but a lot of the time I've seen people recruiting for runs and trying to help out others. The Japanese half of our ship tends to shy away from block 20, but if they do get on, they're helpful as well (when they speak english ^,^" )
    Run Frequency; pretty gosh darn frequent, some people have already dinged 30 and are already opening parties for free run desert XD. You're bound to find a locked party or two, but if you do jump into a field solo, you're bound to run into another party who's willing to help.
    Lag Severity; The lag isn't frequent, but when it hits it hits HARD. Since the begining of the open beta I've managed to get caught in about 5 or 6 20 second to solid minute lag spikes. Keep in mind I said total, and I play quite often.

All in all, Ship10 is shaping into a tight-nit community of friendly people who just wanna play the game and have a blast...just watch out for the dance parties...

Ship 10..

The english community
    is good. it feels like a small town not a big city. Even if I dont have people added as freinds I still see them around. Everyone is freindly and helpfull and there are good players aswell.

Run frequency
    I was on for almost a whole day(as in 24 hours..) and always could find some one doing runs. There is the occasional locked party but you can join almost all of them.

Lag
    I almost never experience server lag. It does exist, but on the whole I would not complain at all
    PSO2 Ramen Force Newman Male
    Ship 10
    Block 20

Crap, I wish we could buy extra character slots already. I want to start a character in ship 10.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal