Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by deldelight8 View Post
    sword gear also lets sonic arrow hit three times, slightly increases range of stun concide, and makes the shockwave count go from 1 to 3 when using twister fall. it seems to not effect cruel throw in any way at all though.
    Thanks, added the info to the FAQ. Honestly didn't know that, no wonder Sonic Arrow hits like a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    I have found Fury Stance to be quite unimpressive without the Critical bonus. The tiny amount of bonus damage is hardly worthwhile, and taking extra damage adds up fast. Bringing it to a boss is a bad, bad, bad idea. Maybe once you max critical it's useful, but I can't say I'm hugely fond of it so far. Definitely most apt to use it in normal areas with a partisan.
    What rank of Fury Stance do you have? I know from stats alone that it's absolutely not worth using at low ranks seeing the ratio of def decrease and atk increase is abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by KanekoSaya View Post
    I can't decide what weapon thing I want to pick. They are all cool.
    Start by playing with all the weapons and have a feel for them. Afterwards, decide the one you like the most and build around it talent tree wise! If you're in doubt, get Step Attack first - the skill is pretty much staple for everyone as it brings so much more control over battle.
    Last edited by Sigmund; Jun 27, 2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Typo

the reason i see warcry as useless is because generally i find that the boss already aggros on to me regardless, like, forever. also, even if the boss aggros on you, sometimes boss attacks are very wild and people get hit regardless lol...

and i guess it's suitable since i'm a hunter and i have justguard so i can accommodate the danger accordingly.

it's a neat idea though, your build.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I really don't see the point of a defense build. It was a good idea, but it's difficult to do well in an action RPG format. The only benefit I see from it is to take all the attention to let everyone else focus on pure offense. That might work great in a dedicated team, actually. But for casual play, it's almost always better to kill faster and get better reflexes so that you don't need defense.

That being said, I DO want to mess with it at some point, and see what I can do with it. Maxed warcry, pure defense skills, take on all the enemies on screen. Which, is actually another problem. It's rare for there to be too many enemies on screen, and at that point it's better to just AoE them down. The only time when people need things off them is during boss fights. Maybe some codes.

Those are exactly my fears - sounds good on paper, but probably worthless in situation. I already embarked in this build though, I'll give a more throughout review when levels kicks in. Keep in mind that you can still function as a damage dealer though, just without the JA bonus and Fury Stance (risky to use on boss).

On another topic, what's the consensus on Just Counter? JAs are cool and all, but it's rather underwhelming to spend a talent point on it - especially how condition specific it is.

PSO2 Hunter talent tree discussion *Please read the FAQ in the first post*
    PSO2 Repeatable Quest Guide

Thanks for the detail on sword gear, I can now say I'm comfortable with my build choice. Out of curiosity, do just attacks(i'm guessing that's when you properly time your attack) affect charging photon arts?

I have a couple of questions and I was hoping if you guys could give me your opinions.

1.The skill Partisan Gear is it worth the 1 point? I have a point into this right now and the range is cool but it feels very situation oriented to when I can have charges like during bosses when I could possibly put myself into a better position or charge up some mp killing mobs.This is still open beta and maybe it could have even more uses so I wanted some opinions.Also I wish it increased damage too but it has to be unique from wired or not be too overpowered.

2.The skill step attack is it worth the 4 points/5points if getting reversal? When I first started I read one of the guides here saying its a really good skill and I thought it worked as one attack which it kinda does but it does not count as one real attack to chain into the second skill which was kind of like a wow reaction from me. The only times I have used this was to just recover mp faster by getting attacks on things or catching fast / interrupt normal mobs.I have not gotten reversal yet but I feel like you should not be getting hit to get knocked down but people do make mistakes so I have no idea if I should get this.

3.Is Fury Critical's scaling really that bad?The idea about having more damage with a random modifier is neat but is it worth the points?.

This is the skill build I think I should have had.
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...U!IEIbInqnGDy7

This is what I have now.
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...!IEebInqnGQhN6
    Last edited by Shujinko; Jun 28, 2012 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Added and fixed skill trees LOL

Fury Critical is good, but it isn't worth missing 5 points in Fury stance to get 5 points in Just Attack 2. So max Fury Stance first then go for Fury Critical.

Otherwise Fury Stance is the best increase in DPS you can get out of your skill tree, by far. As long as you're not an idiot and avoid damage.
    Last edited by Adelheid; Jun 28, 2012 at 01:54 AM.

Btw when using sonic arrow/wave with the sword gear...

1 charge (always starts @ 1 charge), 1 hit
    2 charge, 2 hits
    3 charge, 3 hits

SORRY I MESSED UP ON THE SKILL SIMULATOR LOL gonna fix it now

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Partisan gear's worth the point, I think. For one point, you can greatly increase the range of your skills. This makes AoEing groups so much easier. It's less useful on bosses, but it's difficult to charge on bosses anyway. But even on bosses, it's great for accidentally killing random spawns.

Step attack is just one point. I think it's worth it, but it's not a huge upgrade. You can just as easily move forward and attack. As for it not counting as an attack... You can use it to JA into the first combo PA, but it doesn't count as a combo attack. So, you'll start at your first combo attack after you JA, not the second. I took advantage of this and had my first PA be an AoE, and the second be a focus. That way, I can dash attack into a group and AoE them, maybe finish off one mob with the focus attack. And if I only attack one enemy, I can normal attack into a JA'd PA.
    So, uh... You need to get it for Just Reversal, and Just Reversal is pretty amazing. Considering that, it's worth it.

I don't have Fury Critical, so I can't comment on it. I was kind of hoping it'd be pretty amazing with a maxed Fure Stance, though. If it's not, I guess I'm speccing into dodge step even further, then.