Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
    Those are exactly my fears - sounds good on paper, but probably worthless in situation. I already embarked in this build though, I'll give a more throughout review when levels kicks in. Keep in mind that you can still function as a damage dealer though, just without the JA bonus and Fury Stance (risky to use on boss).

On another topic, what's the consensus on Just Counter? JAs are cool and all, but it's rather underwhelming to spend a talent point on it - especially how condition specific it is.
    i agree with you here. i'm not sure about now cause i don't wanna spend a point on it, but i think it only lets you do a just regular attack instantly. if you could just counter>just photon art, maybe it'd be worth it, but you can't.

in the closed beta, just guard used to freeze your character the same way guarding does, and it could only be canceled by the just guard counter. however now, just guard does not freeze your character. you can instantly start moving/dashing/attacking afterwards.

so to me, it has lost its merit, even more so as it cannot let you just photon art attack. you can only just basic melee attack.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Thanks for reading and the quick replies

@AdelHeid
    Thanks for spotting the mistake xD

@Zorafim
    Thanks for your opinions on the skills.I feel more confident in in my skill tree now because for the longest time I felt like getting some of the skills were mistakes.Also the reason why I said 4/5 was because you need the 3 into step advance so sorry about all the mistakes.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

SWORD GEAR DOES ALL THAT??

No wonder sword is annoying to use in later levels without it.

Anyhow I main wiredlance... and just maxed out the step tree... I only get hit when I'm not trying now. which is 80% of the time because hard mode = GRIND TO ACCESS MORE AREAS.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    SWORD GEAR DOES ALL THAT??

No wonder sword is annoying to use in later levels without it.

Anyhow I main wiredlance... and just maxed out the step tree... I only get hit when I'm not trying now. which is 80% of the time because hard mode = GRIND TO ACCESS MORE AREAS.
    wow you maxed step skill? is it any good? i found just guard to be much better and cost less points. the timing strictness also seems the same if you think about it. the only downside is there are some unblockable attacks, while invincibility is well, invincible.

how generous are your dodge frames? is it pretty much the entirety of the dodge you're invincible?
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-

Quote Originally Posted by deldelight8 View Post
    wow you maxed step skill? is it any good? i found just guard to be much better and cost less points.

how generous are your dodge frames? is it pretty much the entirety of the dodge you're invincible?
    It says it add's like +20% invulnerability or something I think right?

I'd say it DEFINITELY feels noticeable. But I wouldn't put it over Just guarding and Just attacking yet, or at all, I haven't tried those.

I'm also loving Just Reversal, once you master the timing you don't have to worry about being on your face for 2-3 seconds anymore when you get backhanded by large monsters, and it looks cool.

It says it add's like +20% invulnerability or something I think right?

I'd say it DEFINITELY feels noticeable. But I wouldn't put it over Just guarding and Just attacking yet, or at all, I haven't tried those.

I'm also loving Just Reversal, once you master the timing you don't have to worry about being on your face for 2-3 seconds anymore when you get backhanded by large monsters, and it looks cool.
    it doesnt add +20%. it adds seconds. maxed step gives .23 seconds of invincibility i believe.

just reversal is nice. it took me a while to learn you can't spam space bar with just reversal. in actuality its very simple. you just wait till your character faceplants and right after your character hits the ground (your char HAS to hit the ground, if you press it before you hit the ground you'll fail the just reversal) you press space. you have a window of like ~.3 seconds.

i think the gunslash switch mode recovery is the most stylish and fastest though.

for a long time i thought you had to press right before you hit the ground, not after.

so in this case its the opposite of super smash bros recovery, shielding before u hit the ground.

I JUST WISH YOU WERE INVINCIBLE DURING THE SPINNY ROLL RECOVERY JUMP

btw source on step invince frames : http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%8...82%BF%E3%83%BC

ステップアドバンス

ステップ中の無敵時間が延長
    画像 Lv 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    効果時間 0.15秒 0.16秒 0.17秒 0.18秒 0.19秒 0.20秒 0.21秒 0.22秒 0.23秒 0.24秒

at lvl ten it says .24 seconds of invincibility.

lvling up just attack imo is not great, it only increases damage of regular melee just attacks, not just photon arts.

on a note about just guarding, i believe the way it should go in terms of blockability is this:

regular guard>just guard>dodge

i think some attacks like rockbear's grab crush and throw attack, are not regularly guardable. however you can just guard it. i have similar feelings for dragon's fireball attack, and flame geysers the dragon summons.
    Last edited by soulpimpwizzurd; Jun 28, 2012 at 02:41 AM.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。

Quote Originally Posted by deldelight8 View Post
    it doesnt add +20%. it adds seconds. maxed step gives .23 seconds of invincibility i believe.

just reversal is nice. it took me a while to learn you can't spam space bar with just reversal. in actuality its very simple. you just wait till your character faceplants and right after your character hits the ground (your char HAS to hit the ground, if you press it before you hit the ground you'll fail the just reversal) you press space. you have a window of like ~.3 seconds.

for a long time i thought you had to press right before you hit the ground, not after.

so in this case its the opposite of super smash bros recovery, shielding before u hit the ground.

I JUST WISH YOU WERE INVINCIBLE DURING THE SPINNY ROLL RECOVERY JUMP

btw source on step invince frames : http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%8...82%BF%E3%83%BC

ステップアドバンス

ステップ中の無敵時間が延長
    画像 Lv 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    効果時間 0.15秒 0.16秒 0.17秒 0.18秒 0.19秒 0.20秒 0.21秒 0.22秒 0.23秒 0.24秒

at lvl ten it says .24 seconds of invincibility.

lvling up just attack imo is not great, it only increases damage of regular melee just attacks, not just photon arts.
    Oh I see, seconds. I assumed if it was .2X of anything it was itself. That actually does sound as useful as it feels. I've definitely been going ninja gaiden mode on some of the enemies.

And yeah I swear I did a just reversal in mid-air the first time I used it and that just really fucked me up. Then thought it was only "near" the ground, then realized you simply do it the same instant you faceplant.

I like using it on the Cave's gas explosions... on purpose "-SHUT UP YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT *JUMPS BACK UP AND KEEPS WALKING WHILE ON FIRE!*"

Oh I see, seconds. I assumed if it was .2X of anything it was itself. That actually does sound as useful as it feels. I've definitely been going ninja gaiden mode on some of the enemies.

And yeah I swear I did a just reversal in mid-air the first time I used it and that just really fucked me up. Then thought it was only "near" the ground, then realized you simply do it the same instant you faceplant.

I like using it on the Cave's gas explosions... on purpose "-SHUT UP YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT *JUMPS BACK UP AND KEEPS WALKING WHILE ON FIRE!*"
    yeah when i still didnt know how to do it i walked onto the explosions/traps/blow back attacks bosses use on purpose to figure it out.

DONT U JUST LOVE IT WHEN YOU THINK YOU COULD DO SOMETHING AND THEN YOU KEEP TRYING TO DO THAT SOMETHING BUT THEN YOU REALIZE IN ACTUALITY IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO THAT SOMETHING SO YOU WASTED YOUR TIME TRYING TO DO THAT SOMETHING THOUGH? LOOOOL
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

*thud* *flip* "sup"

So Just Attack doesn't work on PAs? Well, so much for me speccing into that. Not that I was planning to in a long while, with me still needing to master Just Crit and Dodge Step. Still, it's probably better than getting defensive skills after I'm done with my offense spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    *thud* *flip* "sup"

So Just Attack doesn't work on PAs? Well, so much for me speccing into that. Not that I was planning to in a long while, with me still needing to master Just Crit and Dodge Step. Still, it's probably better than getting defensive skills after I'm done with my offense spec.
    just crit? perhaps you mean fury stance critical?

yeah, if i could i would have rather not gotten all those other skills sword gear requires but i really like it's gear so i had to. i want to max fury critical ASAP. +20% crit chance just too sexy
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。