Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Level Cap

Default Level Cap

So question. I hear the cap is Level 30, isn't that a bit too low? Like, won't we run out of things to do?

I mean maybe they will have plenty of areas for us to explore, which I would like. And more rares. And more challenges/difficulty.

But don't you think the cap should be a bit higher so that we have a goal? I know the game is in open beta, but hopefully in official launch they set the bar a little higher.

Please discuss.

iheard release cap is 40, which is still low but oh well. we'll see if they can push out content fast enough before we get bored

Level 30 but it is still beta. Also you can switch classes. So that's 90 levels of three different aspects of the game.
    There's also the item hunting for creating that unlimited bladeworks some people are gunning for...

Ah I see. Yeah I would think a cap of 60 might be fine.

But anyways I will change my class to satisfy my aspiration. : D

30 is fine, it means my friends can't get too far ahead of me so we can still party

I'm level 15 and I've been playing since last Friday, and I can't imagine official release is that far away, so it seems like a good pace for your average player. We'll get 10 more levels and a new map at that point, and assuming they actually stuck with their update schedule, we should be seeing updates on a frequent enough basis that we'll remain entertained.

And as Judgment said, there's three classes to level, so if you were capped and didn't want to rare-hunt, you can always try another class. I kinda wish there was a "boss rush" quest available at cap, would be a fun challenge and a good way to hunt boss rares, but I say "at cap" so it doesn't become TTF which is all anyone did in PSO and that got highly boring. Just straight-up throw a crapload of bosses at me and let me challenge myself.

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

30 is fine. I've been playing the game daily, probably around 40 hours at least in it all ready and I've only gotten to level 20 myself. 30 seems like a nice number.

So far there's a hard mode and I'm assuming Sega KNOWS if they wanna do this right then there better be a serious level cap and exciting difficulty modes. It won't be PSO without them!!

No but I really think Sega is just trying to limit us for a little bit cause they know there would be people rushing for max if they set it really high so this way they can keep people in a general range, and then later on begin raising the cap by like 20 levels a patch or something.

The game doesn't have current content for a higher Level Cap (leaving an higher cap would mean on an unbalanced experience of the upcoming content, afterall). In fact, the Lv40 cap raisee comes along the release of a new area.

After you reach Max Level, I recommend you hunting Top-Tier equipment and Meseta, so you can have your character at the best position possible for when newer content is released. Also, remember there is the Matterboard around - Chapter 0 (Tutorial), 1 and "1 again" are there to be completed. In fact, you can't 100% the second matterboard till you're... 25.

Also, remember the game is still on Beta status (Open beta, but Beta).
    Psp2's Last Order, Lv 127 Female Beast. Hu-24 Ra-14 Fo-1 Va-8
    ~☆Cho Hee 80% Dus Skadd || Cho Hee 80% Dus Skadd☆~
    ~☆Mugunburga 27% Dus Skadd || Clarita Visas II 21% Emopw. Healing || Mugunburga 25% Dus Skadd☆~
    ~☆ABILITIES☆Burst Bomber☆EVA Boost☆Freeze Protect☆PP Escape Save☆HP Restore Rate☆ABILITIES☆~

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    30 is fine, it means my friends can't get too far ahead of me so we can still party

I'm level 15 and I've been playing since last Friday, and I can't imagine official release is that far away, so it seems like a good pace for your average player. We'll get 10 more levels and a new map at that point, and assuming they actually stuck with their update schedule, we should be seeing updates on a frequent enough basis that we'll remain entertained.

And as Judgment said, there's three classes to level, so if you were capped and didn't want to rare-hunt, you can always try another class. I kinda wish there was a "boss rush" quest available at cap, would be a fun challenge and a good way to hunt boss rares, but I say "at cap" so it doesn't become TTF which is all anyone did in PSO and that got highly boring. Just straight-up throw a crapload of bosses at me and let me challenge myself.
    I approve of the boss rush idea, or anything that can give me a challenge and just keep me interested. I just want to stay in this game for a long time. It's SO awesome that I want so much of it. NOM

There is definitely going to be more difficulties. Noticed that a crown doesn't appear in the empty circle next to the quest name even after you finish it on both Normal and Hard, even though it does appear next to the difficulty's name after you complete the quest on it? Just a theory, but I think it's quite a hint.