Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

No, which is why i use up my PA first.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

I think we all agree on the importance of Weak Bullet to skill level 3, but from what I understand, Jellen Shot was bugged in Closed, and reduced damage far more than it was supposed to. I myself don't plan on getting it until release, when the level cap goes to 40, but I suppose some people will see a use. Bind Bullet/Panic Shot are pretty much standard-fare CC abilities, and I do recommend investing in at least one, even if they're useless on bosses, just for the benefit of being able to remove some annoying mobs from a fight.

As for the discussion of Just Reversal, I don't think it really matters when you have it, as long as you have it. Being able to instantly get back up after being downed is huge, especially on fights that require mobility like Vol or Ragne.

As for traps, general sentiments is that they're worthless. Better to invest in R-ATK, Ability, or Weak Hit Advance until they make them usable.

Have I hated you properly today?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    How long does jellen shot last? I was going to ignore it, since damage is something you can just dodge out of. But you guys really seem to think it's pretty great. What are its exact specs?

And what about Weak Shot? Why is its second hit so important? I figured you'd just a spot once when you need the extra damage. I don't see why you'd need a second hit.
    Jellen Shot Lv1 lasts for 10 seconds. Lv2 20 seconds. Not sure if subsequent levels increase by 10 seconds each time. At Lv1, it's hardly any use at all as 10 seconds is over in no time.

As for Weak Shot, a second bullet can be extremely useful. If you have full PP, you can fire a Weak Shot then followed by 3 JA PA shots before you need to fire off your second shot thus refreshing the debuff. This gives a significant boost to burst damage.

I've also found the two shots particularly useful in a strong group vs Ragne. If you fire a Weak Shot at one of his legs and everyone focuses that leg quickly, you can sometimes use your second shot on his weak spot when he collapses.
    PSO2 - Sen, Xecty

Lvl 10 Jellen 30 seconds with 4 shots, enemy attack power is modified by 90% (0.90)...

TBH, this skill got nerfed to hell... you can keep jellen on boss non stop, if you keep your ammo loaded and shoot every 30 seconds.... but only with 10% damage reduction... kinda moot imo =\

If you max out Weak shot, you can keep weak point on boss almost forever since by the time you finished using your last weak shot bullet, your cool down is up. Remember everyone benefits from weak point, so the DPS will increase by a lot if you can keep weak point marked nonstop.

Shoot once, spam skill... remark with another round, spam skill, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by ClothoBuer View Post
    As for traps, general sentiments is that they're worthless. Better to invest in R-ATK, Ability, or Weak Hit Advance until they make them usable.
    I see this alot, but I usually see it referencing traps from back in closed beta. Is it still the case now in open beta? Have they not changed at all?

Quote Originally Posted by ciroth View Post
    If you max out Weak shot, you can keep weak point on boss almost forever since by the time you finished using your last weak shot bullet, your cool down is up. Remember everyone benefits from weak point, so the DPS will increase by a lot if you can keep weak point marked nonstop.

Shoot once, spam skill... remark with another round, spam skill, repeat.
    Won't that require you to wait for PP to regen naturally? Since you can't use normal attacks to gain PP faster if you want to conserve weak shot bullets.

PSO2 Hunter talent tree discussion *Please read the FAQ in the first post*
    PSO2 Repeatable Quest Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
    Won't that require you to wait for PP to regen naturally? Since you can't use normal attacks to gain PP faster if you want to conserve weak shot bullets.
    Yes, but remember the overall picture. Even if you can't shoot as fast, everyone in your party or multiplay benefits. You sacrificing your own DPS to strategically use all your weak shots to keep it on non-stop. Everyone else will make up and do more damage than if you were to just shoot all your shots at the start.

This will help break parts or kill the boss faster.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...00RA!IEGQrNig6
    This is what I came up with. I've kinda messed up and should have gotten first Just Reversal instead of other stuff. Once the level cap is raised to level 40 I'll finish up like this
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...RA!IEGQEOInIk6
    I really don't see any use in getting higher than level 6 Weak Bullet, you get what, 8 less seconds cooldown out of those 4 levels and a 4th bullet on the 10th level? It's already a pain to keep using PAs/not switch weapons to save those bullets. The flat R-ATK bonuses don't seem too cunning either, each gives +50 R-ATK at Level 10 of the skill (I understand though if you want to go into this just to equip better weapons faster). The right wing of the skill tree generally seems pretty mediocre.

Got done leveling my force and wanted to try ranger.
    Is weak bullet only benefiting the rifle? I'll be manning launcher most of the time and wanted some useful tips on where to start my build.

You can switch to rifle to apply weak bullet then switch back to launcher for a temporary boost in damage. I don't think "maining" a weapon type for Ranger is as significant than say a Hunter with its gear.

PSO2 Hunter talent tree discussion *Please read the FAQ in the first post*
    PSO2 Repeatable Quest Guide