Default Reading/Speaking Japanese Help Thread

Intro:
    Seeing as we are playing a Japanese game why not learn a little of the language? I've seen "helpful hints" threads that have some phrases but in the end knowing a phrase or 2 isn't going to help you learn. So I've made this thread for those that want to learn and to post translations! I did a search through the forums and found nothing of this kind, if there is another thread then link it! Re-booting threads can boost its use anyways ^.^

What's the point?:
    This thread's purpose "should" be for learning Japanese, tips on how to read, use full phrases, in-game translations of significant influence, and so on. Please Keep it on topic! If you don't want to participate, then simply don't. Please no comments on not needing to know Japanese (as you really don't) but it never hurts to learn something! =^.^=

Is it relevant to PSO2 specifically?:
    Very much so. You "could" argue it would help JP PSU but I will only support either useful Japanese translations or direct translations from PSO2 keeping it relevant! Please help the cause!

What's with the titles?:
    Makes it feel special and easier to look at.

(No posting about any type of "patches." If you want to talk about that do it elsewhere.)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will Edit this section and add content when there is some >.<

What types of Japanese characters are there?:
    Hiragana: Used for "native" words that are original to Japanese
    -ex. こんにちわ (Hello).

Katakana: Used for "borrowed" or "non-native" words not originally in Japanese.
    -ex. シャード (Shard)
    Kanji: Chinese characters "borrowed" for "non-native" words. Also used to abbreviate words.
    -ex. 愛 (Love, あい)

General things about the Japanese language:
    -There are no spaces

Other Useful threads:
    Posted: "mhjc" http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195616
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In my attachments is a .zip file containing a Japanese symbol chart with "English" translations for the sounds of each symbol. Also tell me if something is wrong/not working. Enjoy ^.^
    Last edited by ZIE creations; Jun 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM.
    The world isn't as it should be...
    <->Working on a new Sig for my Reborn Character, will be done when I don't have class work overload<->
    PSO2 - ニューマン - 女性 - スピリット - Ship2:ウリ

Wrong section, and I believe it is almost pointless to have this guide when there are general terms here in this one:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195616

Quote Originally Posted by mhjc View Post
    Wrong section, and I believe it is almost pointless to have this guide when there are general terms here in this one:
    Beat me to it.

For those who may have trouble typing Kana on a PC on the keyboard this method worked for me.
    1st Step: ALT+Shift
    2nd Step: ALT+~

And a "あ「ローマ」” should appear... begin typing in KANA form
    Example: Kon'nichi ha = こんにちは (a rule in Japanese mandates writers to use the hiragana character "HA" in greetings. When typing "ん" you need to hit "n" twice. Careful to review your kana before pressing enter... as most Japanese scholars like myself, and Japanese-speakers should already know all of these things. For some beginning the language, I hope I helped you out a little.

Check my sig and if you see me and have any questions while in game or in a PM, don't be afraid to ask myself or anyone else here fluent in their fields.

Quote Originally Posted by mhjc View Post
    Sorry if it's in the wrong section, mod can move it >.<

Also I saw that thread and went through it, as I said in "into" those have useful phrases but a thread about actually learning the language was not found. Maybe this thread is pointless and doesn't need to exist? oh well, wasted like 10 minutes and such during this maintenance.
    The world isn't as it should be...
    <->Working on a new Sig for my Reborn Character, will be done when I don't have class work overload<->
    PSO2 - ニューマン - 女性 - スピリット - Ship2:ウリ