So, I signed on earlier today and the first thing I did was set up my autowords (mainly because I wanted the NPC version of my character to seem a little more interactive despite me not actually being there, lol). Things were going fine for a while, until this one guy joined the party I was in and started complaining about it.

He's like, "Shut the hell up already. Every time you do that, I have to see your face. I'm getting sick of it". We went back and forth about his complaints and I just told him that if he had a problem with a feature Sega implemented, he should take it up with them. How is it my fault that I'm using something that's featured in the game to be used?

At first the guy thought I was just typing the same stuff over and over again, but there was no way I was typing that fast, lol. I guess he was unfamiliar with the usage of autowords since even the leader said, "No, that is an autoword" and he just said, "lol ok". The autowords got pretty consistent once we hit PSE Burst and had more codes activating during all of this.

I don't honestly see what the problem is though. I didn't have an autoword set to everything. I could have made it even more "annoying" by setting something to be said during an attack or PA. Even then, that would be like playing an offline RPG and complaining about hearing one of your party members call out the name of a skill every time he/she uses it. "God, why don't you just shut up? Quit saying the same thing over and over again, it's annoying", etc.

Anyway, this is the first person I've encountered that had an issue with it. I've played in a handful of Japanese parties (usually just stick with English parties for easier communication), but they use autowords also. So, what's your take on autowords? Do you think this guy was overreacting or do you think his complaints were valid?