Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Autowords are something that needs to be used in moderation. I personally would only use it to set up my NPC partner so he's not so lifeless, and even then only for a few select situations.

I knew a friend who had the creepiest and most unnecessary autowords (ALL with cut-ins) and it annoyed me every mission we played.

Yeah I don't fill them all in and only use the cut-in face for entering the zone and finishing quest. The attacking one is only annoying if there is a cut-in with it.

But the most annoying by far I've seen was the PSE level up autoword. Durring open beta someone had it going and I was in the same multiparty area. The whole time I was thinking OMG SHUT UP noone needs to know if your PSE leveled up. Eventually I gave up and ran to the single player area.

Really though I've had no problems with them so far. It's interesting to see what people come up with.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Doesn't everybody want respect, though? People don't clutter your screen with random garbage, for example, can't you respond in kind?

And tell that random dancing is not game breaking to people who can't join the block because it's full of idiots who do nothing but dance in the lobby.
    Actually, it's more like: I'm not being a jackass to you, so why are you being one to me all of the sudden?

I don't believe it's right to suddenly start disrespecting someone just because they're doing something you don't agree with. There's a right way and a wrong way to approach people during a multitude of situations. Generally, to get the response you desire, your first words shouldn't be, "Shut the hell up already."

Also, I do agree with you about the random dancing stuff. I've been blocked out of Block 20 for 10 minutes or so before no thanks to people like that, but ya know what? There's not a damn thing I can do about it except grin and bear it. Moaning and complaining to them isn't going to get them to stop, so I might as well just accept the fact that they're going to do what they're going to do, just as I'm going to do what I'm going to do.

Remember, we're here to play on our own time, not on other people's. This means, don't be surprised if I don't play how you want me to play.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarFO View Post
    Except it's just as obnoxious to keep a bunch of spammy autowords knowing they are bothering people as it is to criticize having them at all.
    Not really, no. As I said before, it was my first day using autowords. How was I supposed to know it was going to be annoying to him? Besides, god forbid I should annoy this one player with autowords. Maybe I should just change the way I play completely for his sake. Pfft.

For all I knew, the guy was just having a bad day and my autowords were the straw that finally broke the camel's back. Why do you think I came here to create this thread to get feedback? Now that I understand the situation a little better and the general consensus seems to be that autowords are fine, but cut-ins should be used seldom, I'll make some adjustments later to rectify this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    It doesn't really sound to me that the OP was looking for honest insight as to how that guy could have found him annoying so much as he's looking for people to pat him on the back and say, "yeah, that guy was totally overreacting." So, sorry about how this thread is going for you.

Me, I don't mind cut ins for the autoword events that wouldn't display frequently, like the start and end of a mission. But when they're attached to the ones that pop up constantly, I start making a mental note not to bring that NPC again if it was me who brought it.
    I'm not that shallow, lol. I can give myself a pat on the back and say, "Yeah, that guy was totally overreacting." That's not what I was looking for though. When did this thread turn into the shrink's couch? :P

I was genuinely curious as to how other people felt towards them because all of his complaining got me thinking, that's all. So yeah, all-in-all, this thread is going just fine for me. It's not very informative if people just agree or disagree with you. In here though, there have been reasons behind the mentality and that's what is important.

It was my first time using the autowords though, so I suppose I can keep a handful with cut-ins (level up, begin mission, finish mission) and decide what else I want to leave as text. I just wasn't aware that people felt this way towards them. I can't even remember a time back when playing PSU that you didn't have these cut-ins flying all over the place during missions, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    im tempted to put that for every autoword option with cut-ins now lol
    DO EET

Autoword kinda makes me feel like I'm playing with NPCs. Especially when autowords are the only thing the players use and don't speak a single other word.
    PSO2 char
    ゆかり・ルルキア - Fighter/Force Newman(F)
    ライアク - Force/Techer Newman(M)
    RAH-犀 - Hunter/??? Cast(M)

There is an option to turn them off so if you don't like them you can turn them off completely and never have to deal with them. Some of them need cut ins and some don't. I tested them out and found out what I think needs cut ins and what doesn't. It's all about the indivual.

Auto words are new to a lot of people so their gonna try and make some that stand out. There a few of them I don't think needed an auto word for like attacking/dodging(which are really rare and don't need cut ins). You just gotta understand that its an online game and you gotta play with other people.

If someone doesn't like your play-style then their are tons of other people to play with. Like wise you have tons of people that would love to see what your auto words. I like taking some of my friends npc and seeing them talk. Some are pretty funny. ^_^ Auto words are gonna be a love or hate kind of thing.

The op did say it was their first time using them so cut them some slack.

In some cases autoword is ok, like clearing a code. But as a force (who loves support) I find the autowords for heals pretty annoying. Not only that but it kind of cheapens the thank's you get... to me it's something different to have a macro which you activate yourself from time to time - it's at least some "effort" on the receivers side, but with autoword it feels cheap. So much that I actually despise people who use it.

I'm kinda weird that way, I know....
    Last edited by Ogni-XR21; Jul 2, 2012 at 02:13 AM.

Having flavor is always a good thing, but some people have sensitive taste buds and a lousy attitude and for those, at least you can turn off auto-words completely. As long as it's not crude or deliberately annoying, I enjoy seeing peoples' RP and I have a few enabled myself, but moderation is always a good thing too.

Which is 100% more than can be said for those damn symbol arts. Want to turn those off permanently.

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

Quote Originally Posted by JeyKama View Post
    Which is 100% more than can be said for those damn symbol arts. Want to turn those off permanently.
    I concur.

(On a side note, speaking of turning things off is there a way to turn off the grey system chat? takes up a majority of the chat log and it useless for me since I am unable to read it. :/ )
    She is style
    She is grace
    But most importantly, she'll break your face <3

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackMage View Post
    I concur.

(On a side note, speaking of turning things off is there a way to turn off the grey system chat? takes up a majority of the chat log and it useless for me since I am unable to read it. :/ )
    ^ ^ ^
    This needs an answer like no other.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackMage View Post
    I wouldn't think so. The system announcements are included in there, so I suppose they don't want anybody being left out when they give a maintenance announcement. Granted, it would still roll it across the top of the screen, but you just said you're unable to read it anyway, so yeah... lol.