Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

It feels like an awesome concept that gets annoying over time.

Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightmesh View Post
    There is an option to turn them off so if you don't like them you can turn them off completely and never have to deal with them. Some of them need cut ins and some don't. I tested them out and found out what I think needs cut ins and what doesn't. It's all about the indivual.
    THAT /\

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-optio...#communication

For the haters, instead of complaining about it, you can be smart and solve the problem yourselves c: .

you can either disable auto-words aswell as leave them on but avoid that they show up on the log window...I think this also shows how to disable the System chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Finetic View Post
    I set up some the other day and while I think they are a cool addition, I'm already getting tired of seeing my character say the same things over and over again. Might end up taking some off. Too bad there is no frequency slider. I have no problem with others using them though--it's cool to see some of the phrases people come up with.
    You can have 3 variations of the same trigger auto-word, just press the little "+" next to the auto-word

having said that, you probably also can set the % that your auto-word will come out or not by pressing the "+" and leaving the other second and/or third spots empty...then supposedly, only 33% of the time it will trigger.

About my opinion, I like it...it gives the character some more flavour like it was said...I guess it's just not good to have them set in a way they'll overflood the screen with cut-ins all the time...because it becomes a vision hazard.

But other than that I approve of them and find them a good addition to the game, even because of the friend NPCs option. It's even useful for like...thanking for a heal or saying "gratz" for a lvl up, without having to stop to type.

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    I wouldn't think so. The system announcements are included in there, so I suppose they don't want anybody being left out when they give a maintenance announcement. Granted, it would still roll it across the top of the screen, but you just said you're unable to read it anyway, so yeah... lol.
    Maintenance notifications would be easy to read as it'd still have the date and time (Hundreds of languages worldwide...everyone agrees on using numbers @_@)

Quite a shame though, now I'm really looking forward to an English language option/release just so I can know what is so important that it constantly has to be in our chat boxes. : P
    She is style
    She is grace
    But most importantly, she'll break your face <3

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackMage View Post
    Quite a shame though, now I'm really looking forward to an English language option/release just so I can know what is so important that it constantly has to be in our chat boxes. : P
    You can in some way bypass those by switching to a specific chat channel in the c hat box. It's the upper drop-down box. You can switch the display to only, for example, party chat.

Also, those announcements with time are information about the next/current Interrupt Rankings.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

Quote Originally Posted by Vent View Post
    You can in some way bypass those by switching to a specific chat channel in the c hat box. It's the upper drop-down box. You can switch the display to only, for example, party chat.
    I'll have to use that, thanks for the tip! (There wouldn't happen to be a way to edit what appears in the party tab would there? the only chat modes I use are Party and Normal and I don't want to exclude one or the other. : x)

Quote Originally Posted by Vent View Post
    Also, those announcements with time are information about the next/current Interrupt Rankings.
    I knew that...*cough* just testing you. : x (Maybe I should just buckle down and start learning to read it XD)
    She is style
    She is grace
    But most importantly, she'll break your face <3

Auto words is an awesome concept, but it's up to the player to choose a good balance of what to say as to hopefully serve a balance between nice useful use of the function and too chatty. I remember seeing it introduced in PSP2, and there it is a godsend given how very hard it is to text chat on a PSP. You could put in stuff that was totally in character which kind of gave you a pseudo way to have your character role play for you, without your direct input. It's kind of nice to sort of see your character role played to your design and all you are doing is combat.

Of course, in PSP2, I thought I picked a good selection of situations for auto word for things that don't come up too often in-game so that my character wasn't saying something every five seconds or anything. I basically judged by frequency. Stuff like congratulating someone on a level up, or getting stuck or freed from a trap. A boss is defeated. Rescuing someone from a trap, etc. all the stuff that doesn't happen too often.

Though autoword is a less important function on anything with easy keyboard access and use. The PC, by far, being the machine that needs autoword the least. Still, it'll come way in handy for Vita players. Yeah, it's far easier than the PSP, given the touchscreen; but the Vita's onscreen keyboard still has some typing issues still putting it slightly behind most iOS and Android devices for typing.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jul 2, 2012 at 03:47 AM.

It just takes some getting used to and after that you'll be using it like a pro.

I think they're fine, honestly~ I only have a few set up: When a party member levels, finishing a mission, when I get revived, and one for when I die [just for the lulz]. The only one I have my face card on is for when a party member levels up~ And since I mostly run missions alone, that hardly ever comes up. c:

I really don't think they're that bad. I mean, once you get concentrated on the game, its easy to tune those things out. Half the time when I'm actually in a party, I don't even notice them talking to me~ Then again, I get REALLY absorbed in the game...

lol. i probably annoyed millions of people by now ( ' - ' ;
    all my auto words are with cut ins XD

Edit- like someone suggested, if there was an option to not show the cut-in 100% of the time (as in sometimes show just text) i'd use that XO

But until then im not giving up on cut ins, sorry XO;
    Last edited by Razelis; Jul 2, 2012 at 05:23 AM.