Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

...You could take out the cut-ins, because they are pretty obnoxious, honestly. "Well, I can do it, so you shouldn't complain about it!" is a pretty poor way to look at things overall.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    ...You could take out the cut-ins, because they are pretty obnoxious, honestly. "Well, I can do it, so you shouldn't complain about it!" is a pretty poor way to look at things overall.
    Telling someone to complain just because they can do it can also be a pretty poor way to look at things overall. Please stop being so confrontational, people. It's simple. If you don't like autowords, there is a nice way to tell someone.

You don't have to do it like the guy I dealt with and listen to, "shut the hell up already", then have him take a crack at my character's appearance. All these words like: annoying, stupid, obnoxious, etc.

They're all terrible words to use when trying to get your point across to someone. You can still make your point without making yourself look like a jackass in the process. People do it all the time, why can't you? (not you, specifically, Geistritter. Generally speaking).

Tetsuya i share the same opinion as you, but i dont think people would change their attitude towards it. if you like autowords with cut ins, play with auto word with cut ins, people that dont mind will like you, people that do mind, will turn it off in options, and pure haters will black list you.
    there are enough people in this game who won't mind it and find it fun! (yes, some of us do! XD) you don't really lose anything XO its a game and its suppose to be about fun ( ' x '

Edit- oh and just a side note - people will complain about EVERYTHING. if you fix your auto words today, they will find something else to whine about tomorrow XO
    Last edited by Razelis; Jul 2, 2012 at 07:17 AM.

What kind of words do you need, then? I'm fairly sure people have used all kinds of words here so far, and I somehow doubt any of them is going to stop you from using annoying autowords.

Anyway, autoword is a very useful feature. If for no other reason, then at least because I can immediately know that one of my party members has died or has found an Emergency Code. That's why I'm not going to turn it off in the options. That leaves me with only one other option, which is to black list annoying people. And you know what, maybe I, as well as others, don't want to permanently put somebody on the ignore list. What does that leave us with? Oh yeah, telling you to turn that piece of crap off. But instead of listening to people, you call them "jackasses" and tell them to go complain to Sega of something. Way to go.

As I said before, everything needs a good measure. If somebody tells you that they find your autoword messages annoying, the first thing you should think is "Why do they find them annoying?" and not "What a jackass, ima go make a thread about it!".

Auto-words in its current state is easily abused indeed, but I find them pretty handy and actually want there to be more triggers. I don't play with many random players anyway, so it being abused does not effect me too much.

The NPC bots seem to have more triggers than the player one; they have a trigger when the player takes heavy damage. A trigger for when mutated mobs appear and one for when rare enemies appear. Also a specific event for defeating a boss. Their auto-word triggers seem to be slightly better timed compared to the players', but maybe that's just lag.

Also a very small thing, I think their 'take damage triggers' work on enemy grabs before they take the damage, at least it works on the Guwanda grab. Maybe that's because that one actually 'hits' during the grab.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    What kind of words do you need, then? I'm fairly sure people have used all kinds of words here so far, and I somehow doubt any of them is going to stop you from using annoying autowords.

Anyway, autoword is a very useful feature. If for no other reason, then at least because I can immediately know that one of my party members has died or has found an Emergency Code. That's why I'm not going to turn it off in the options. That leaves me with only one other option, which is to black list annoying people. And you know what, maybe I, as well as others, don't want to permanently put somebody on the ignore list. What does that leave us with? Oh yeah, telling you to turn that piece of crap off. But instead of listening to people, you call them "jackasses" and tell them to go complain to Sega of something. Way to go.

As I said before, everything needs a good measure. If somebody tells you that they find your autoword messages annoying, the first thing you should think is "Why do they find them annoying?" and not "What a jackass, ima go make a thread about it!".
    So it's either, "Turn that piece of crap off" or nothing at all? You can't just ask nicely or explain to me in a way that doesn't sound like you're looking down at me? Yeah... I'm pretty sure that's not how it works, guy. When you have a problem with something someone is doing, the last thing you want to do is just be like, "Look, I don't want to ignore you, so just turn that piece of crap off." That doesn't make it any better, really.

As far as the "listening to people" is concerned... the only thing I heard was him complaining. He never said why they were annoying. He just stated that they were and he was getting irritated by the autowords plus seeing my character's face. You can't expect someone to read your mind, then think you have the right to be upset when they don't know what you're thinking or how to solve the situation at-hand without any other details besides, "shut the hell up already."

So yeah, if this dude (or anybody else for that matter) thinks that autowords are soooooooo bad, he needs to complain to everyone he sees that uses them, I'm not going to want deal with that. I mean, come on. Is he playing the game to, you know, play the game or does he want to just bitch, whine, moan, and complain about features other players use that are in the game?

Oh wait, let me guess. If I use a PA he doesn't approve of as well, I should stop using that too, right? Sorry, but the guy was and still is a jackass in my book for the way he behaved, so it's only natural I address him as such. So, if he hates autowords so much, I say he takes his claim to Sega, cause there's not a damn thing I can do about the feature being in the game. Even if I take out the cut-ins, I have a feeling this guy would still complain about the text popping up "too much".

Just because there's text on your screen doesn't mean you need to whine like a baby and act as if someone just pissed in your cereal. It's just text. You'll live, don't worry. As much as I dislike the idle lobby dancers, you sure as hell don't see me wasting my time complaining to them about doing what they do.

No, instead, you think about it from a different standpoint. "Hmmm... ya know what. Maybe I should suggest to Sega to implement an idle kick to have players like this removed from the server after X amount of time." Anyway, I think you missed the point of this thread, seeing as you believe I only created it for his sake.

As I said before, I wanted to know how other people felt in regards to autowords. Him being addressed as a, "jackass" and used as an example as to why it got me thinking about all of this was just a bonus, not the focal point. So, keep that in mind. I want to know more about how individuals feel about this feature; I don't want to know more about how you think I created this just because this guy was acting like a jackass.

I could have just as easily made him out to be much nicer than he really was and got the same results in regards to how people feel about autowords.

If everyone is confrontational to you, it should be obvious that you are doing something horribly wrong, offensive, or annoying.

You getting mad because you made other people mad accomplishes nothing, and from the sounds of it, you had pretty high-frequency with cut-ins all the time. I don't think you're from Speed Racer, so that's really not funny at all.

This is what I'm seeing, and apparently what others have seen. I don't even know who the other person is, but I think I'd be more okay with him since if he needs help, I can look at the map to find him. And, if he has the idea he's gonna be a leader, I'll either squash it and go with him.

Your attitude has soured my taste for... well, a lot of the game in a few short pages.

I use it. Just a handful of triggers though, and only the quest completion one features a cut-in.

It's nice to not have to stop pewpewing to give congratulations.

Out of curiosity, does the autoword for finding a rare work only when you pick up the rare?
    I never tried it, and would love if it worked if a red item appeared anywhere on my game just incase I miss the sound effect.
    That's one autoword i'd enjoy during a cross burst, heh.

From what I understand it's only when you LOOT the rare.

I like it, but I don't put my characters face or stupid speech bubbles blocking the screen, just a couple of words like "Thank you", "Please help" and "Congratulations". I find people who slap all the effect on top tend to annoy me, especially when they have it set on things like "when you are healed" or "when a code begins/ends". Auto-word cut-ins are a pain in the ass for other people to deal with, you block out part of the screen and that can be extremely irritating when they're obstructing your view of the enemies around.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    This exactly.
    Last edited by Kazzi; Jul 2, 2012 at 11:10 AM.