• F2P

48 51.61%
  • P2P

29 31.18%
  • Hybrid of both?

16 17.20%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: F2P vs P2P

I'd rather F2P with permanent item storage expansion, purchasable costumes, and THE ABILITY TO TRADE FOR FREE

I don't want a "free" to play game where the subscription fee is higher than P2P games AND has a cash shop and a Korean gear upgrade system

As it stands, the only thing I will ever consider purchasing is another Mag or a skill reset (I'm not holding my breath for a free one). Nothing else is at all worth it. Nothing. And even that's pushing it, considering how integral those are to the game. Oops you didn't research the game and min/max every little detail, better fork up the cash or reroll (or uninstall).

F2P

because the japanese version would be a bit harder to access if it was p2p

Some folks really need to learn that things that are nice for them as consumers are not so nice for the publishers, and temper their expectations accordingly.

Feel free to vote with your dollars if you don't like it, but (needless to say) the few who spend hundreds of dollars have FAR more say than the folks who spend $15ish every month.

Capitalism in action, folks!

Dictator for Life

I'm glad it's the way it is. I was worried when I first heard it was F2P, but after seeing the items that you can purchase, it doesn't seem like a big deal anymore. I'll purchase a second mag, but at $4 that's not too bad. And then, I won't need to purchase anything for a while. The room is not super-important to me, and you can get 5-day My Shop passes from FUN scratch cards, so I'll just save up the items I want to sell until I get one of those. My only real complaints are the lack of ability to trade items with another player without being premium, and skill tree resets seem a little pricey. However, all in all, I think I'll end up spending a lot less than $60 + $10 a month.

F2P

P2P gives me the feeling I have to play more often and if I don't, it feels like I'm wasting my money. I can throw some money around here and there if I think it's worth it. F2P also allows my friends to try the game first to see if they like it or not. Much better than telling them the game has a monthly fee.

If this game did come out as P2P, it would of most likely went F2P later anyways just like all the other MMO's being released in the last of couple of years.

I always prefer P2P to F2P system. "Pay to Play" system's goal is to please the player, hardcore or casual, and to make sure they don't regret continuously putting money in the game. "Free to Play" focuses on nickel and diming every possible aspect of the game and pimping various cash shop garbage far more than on actually making the game enjoyable.

And you know they are going to milk this particular game for all it's worth if you just take a glance at the current cash shop item list.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

I really hope you can buy gacha clothing from player shops much like with PSU JP.

Oh and I'd rather have F2P mostly because I can easily get into. While this game does make it look like cash shops are the only way to play, its nothing compared to other MMOs with cash shops where you might as well not even play if you're not gonna buy from a cash shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    I always prefer P2P to F2P system. "Pay to Play" system's goal is to please the player, hardcore or casual, and to make sure they don't regret continuously putting money in the game. "Free to Play" focuses on nickel and diming every possible aspect of the game and pimping various cash shop garbage far more than on actually making the game enjoyable.

And you know they are going to milk this particular game for all it's worth if you just take a glance at the current cash shop item list.
    After the P2P garbage that was PSU you really thing that Sega should still go with a P2P model for PSO2?

They have a lot of people they need to reel back in after that mess.
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

Free to play, but personally, I don't like Premium, I get it, they need a constant stream of cash or as a business, it's a failure, but I prefer spending money only once, like, 15 dollars for permanent access to the room, not 15 dollars for 30 days ya know.

But that being said, F2P has less obligations, you don't feel forced to play because you paid nor you feel forced to pay for the option of playing when you feel like it.

I just want the content quality of PSO Ep 1&2 back. Unfortunately PSO2 isn't close, and its loot system sucks a la PSU.