Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Default Maintenance to be held soon

This probably has to do with this, "broompoop" guy people have been going on about. First, block 20 crashed and now they have just put up an announcement that maintenance will be held on 7/6 from 10:00 to 17:00.

Just checked the twitter, it's for block alteration and 'other' things supposedly.

But yeah, Friday at 10:00 to 17:00 JST. GMT is 2am to 9am on the 7th, EST is 9pm tonight to 4am, PST if I recall correctly is this evening 6pm to 1am in the morning. PST may be wrong, I don't play with many players on the west coast.

So tonight at 9:00 PM EST to tomorrow at 4:00AM.
    PSO2 JP Characters:
    SHIP 02:
    Kyoushu HU: 45 FI: 51 RA: 28 FO: 15 BR: 44

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Another announcement shortly followed. This should go without saying, but I'll relay it anyway.

"Please take a screenshot and submit it if you see anything suspicious"

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMike View Post
    Just checked the twitter, it's for block alteration and 'other' things supposedly.

But yeah, Friday at 10:00 to 17:00 JST. GMT is 2am to 9am on the 7th, EST is 9pm tonight to 4am, PST if I recall correctly is this evening 6pm to 1am in the morning. PST may be wrong, I don't play with many players on the west coast.
    I sure hope that doesn't mean what I think it means. In other words, if this asshat causes them to put an I.P. block, I'm going to shit enough bricks to build a new house.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Usually I could care less about what a hacker does, if anything they WANT the attention most of the time. It's like wasting your time hating on Justin Bieber.

But when they affect other people, namely me, Ho'h boy time to get out the hitlist.

Then again the whole "THEY'LL IP BLOCK US" paranoia for every little thing a FEW english players are doing thing is getting kinda stupid from our side too.

If they DO IP block us though... well... Fuck your F2P game then. (Seriously that game content extending grind quest scam to unlock level 31-40 pissed me off D< )

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

"IP block."

Yeah, because Japanese residents are so pure and there isn't a single hacker there. If they wanted to IP block us, they'd do it, and I doubt they'd let the actions of one person influence the decision to lock out a whole nation.

I really dislike how every time someone who doesn't reside in Japan does or says something stupid that suddenly we're all going to get IP banned according to a few paranoid people.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

^I swear to god if you get us IP blocked, I'm gonna lose it...

YOU KNOW THE JAPANESE HAVE IMPULSIVE IP BLOCKING TRIGGER FINGERS

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

There really is no way to stop it though. Even if they do an IP block both legit and hackers can get back on via a VPN service to tunnel through to a JP iP address. Will there be more lag? Sure, you're adding more hops to your route, but it won't completely kill the game experience.

I want to say not to worry too much. This is what I got out of the news post (that was linked in the tweet) via Google Translate (the edited version, anyway, because the raw version looks "bleh" (and note that some of these are merely assumptions because Google Translate is rather vague sometimes)):

1) Changing the status display on the Ship Select screen to better reflect the congestion status on each ship [maybe?].
    2) Changing the notation and number of recommended blocks [I'm guessing the notation refers to things like the "Lv1-9 recommended" blocks and such].
    3) Changing the number of premium blocks to relieve congestion on the free blocks [maybe? Not too sure about this one].
    4) [Something about My Shops and taking too much time when failing to respond? *shrugs* Google kinda shredded that one.]

Here's the original text from the post if anyone can take a better shot than Google:
    Spoiler!

So... yeah. I don't see anything particularly worrying in there unless they stealth-patch it in (which, I'll admit, there's always the possibility).

If I had to guess, they're just trying to deal with the (possibly unexpected) jump in activity that's congesting the servers.

is it normal for ppl to cast every spell within 1sec? this dude in my party finished charging his spell the moment he started to cast