Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default IP Blocked? No Problem!

Okay, so it's known now that some people's IP's are either being blocked or blocking SEGA's downloads.

I myself had this problem for the last two days, I couldn't download anything from SEGA's website or through the PSO2 Launcher. Through Sheer will, some help from other forum users and dumb luck I was finally able to get this damn game to work and I'm here to walk anyone else who has this problem through it.

Symptoms of IP Block:

1. Inability to download "downloader.exe" from this page: http://pso2.jp/players/download/

2. Downloader gives "HTTP 12525" error when trying to download launcher

3. Game launcher's file check gives an error that looks like this (This could also be due to not having your firewall and anti-virus disabled.)

Spoiler!

Alrighty then...

How to fix it

There might be other ways to go about this but this was my method and it worked like a charm.

Step 1: Download the launcher

Go to this link (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/) and download either the Mirror base client or either of the patched clients.

Step 2: Install the game

Once the client is done downloading run PSO2_BETA.exe.

Once it is done, move ALL extracted files to your desktop. After, launch PSO2_SETUP and keep going through the menus until you see the green bar start moving.

Step 3: Install VPN

I used Hotspot Shield which you can find here:

http://www.hotspotshield.com/lp/free...FcXe4AodvXFkFA

Once it is installed make sure it is activated. A large box should pop up in the bottom right. If it says "PROTECTED" then it is activated.

VVVVVVVVVV------PAY ATTENTION------VVVVVVVVVV

You're gonna want to keep the vpn handy b/c your are going to need in order to update and launch the game. You can't start the game up without it. Once the game has started you can disable it.

Step 4: Disable Firewall and anti-virus OR Make and exception for PSO2.

This part might seem a little sketchy but others have said its crucial when installing the game.

To do this, open up control panel and click Systems and Security, then Windows Firewall. In this menu, on the top left you should see turn windows firewall on or off.

To make an exception well.... you can look that one up.

Step 5: Run PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 launcher

Once PSO2_SETUP is done, your VPN is activated and the fire wall is turned off launch PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 launcher on your desktop.

Just to be safe, I launched it as admin, to do that right click the launcher and click "Run as administrator".

When the launcher opens click the big blue button on the top right and the game should start updating. You should see a menu pop up that has three bars.

This part takes a long time

Even though it looks like the bars arn't moving, they are. It just takes forever b/c you are running it through the VPN. I suggest starting it and going to work, to sleep ect..

Step 6: ENJOY PSO2

Once the game is done updating, congrats, all your hard work was worth it. The game should be up and running at this point.

If I missed anything or if anyone has any other methods feel free to post them.
    Last edited by StrikerZero; Jul 6, 2012 at 06:42 PM.

Japanese sites don't like direct linking on occasion. If you attempt to click the client download link and a white page of nothing shows up, then Sega might be having a gripe about direct linking - happened to me. You should try to download by navigating from pso2.jp itself to the downloader page, this is how I fixed that problem.

The main site might not load sometimes if it is under heavy load.

Even through all the errors, I haven't needed to VPN to get to the main game, ever.
    Ship 2. Asra Licene - Braver. Yukiko - Bouncer
    I actually like Bouncer, you be quiet.

Believe me, i tried EVERYTHING. Including your suggestion. This was sort of a last resort, I still cant believe i got it working.

CyberGhost is also an excellent proxy to get by the update server's region locks. Note that the Update servers and the Game servers are completely different. From what I've seen there is no region lock on the game servers. Once you get passed the final update check from launching the game you may shut off your proxy.

A glare more piercing than any spear.

ive been able to play and update fine without problems
    Combined signature images cannot exceed 35,000 bytes in size.

Note that the IP region lock is very narrow and doesn't effect very many players at all. In fact I have friends a few blocks away from me who are not IP blocked. If you're not blocked then good for you. Your congratulatory cookie for doing absolutely nothing useful will be mailed to you in a couple days.

This topic was meant to inform those who were perhaps stumped as to why they could not connect and were unaware of proxies and IP blocks.

A glare more piercing than any spear.

Hey, I would like to know if you guys only have this problem on loading patch only or not?

because I have no problem on any patch and have been playing it fine until today just now, that it seem I can't connect into my character after I log in at all.

This is also VPN / IP block issue?

Somehow I manage to log in when I use VPN, although I need to enter more security code step when SEGA can't detect my IP.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by Taitu View Post
    Note that the IP region lock is very narrow and doesn't effect very many players at all. In fact I have friends a few blocks away from me who are not IP blocked. If you're not blocked then good for you. Your congratulatory cookie for doing absolutely nothing useful will be mailed to you in a couple days.

This topic was meant to inform those who were perhaps stumped as to why they could not connect and were unaware of proxies and IP blocks.
    I'm greedy, can I have 2 cookies? I did double nothing!
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    Hey, I would like to know if you guys only have this problem on loading patch only or not?

because I have no problem on any patch and have been playing it fine until today just now, that it seem I can't connect into my character after I log in at all.

This is also VPN / IP block issue?

Somehow I manage to log in when I use VPN, although I need to enter more security code step when SEGA can't detect my IP.
    I don't think this is a Ip block issue, for me problems only occurred when I had to download something. When it comes to logging in or connecting to game servers you should be fine.

Is it giving you an error code at all?
    Last edited by StrikerZero; Jul 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerZero View Post
    I don't think this is a Ip block issue, for me problems only occurred when I had to download something. When it comes to logging in or connecting to game servers you should be fine.

Is it giving you an error code at all?
    Nope, it just trying to load my character, but my character never load and never show up. so the screen just stuck there..

It happen all the time until I start your "step-3" and download the free version of the hotspot shield"

It work, but.. now it seem that with the protection running. my connection become bad, and keep dc in game.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server