Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm facing the same trouble as Arika's, the game is extremely laggy and if I get DC'd it's a 630 (After 5 minutes of waiting). I'm not sure if it's a server problem or something related to the new Router I bought which atm it works perfectly with all games, even better than directly connecting the netcable. The problem is that it feels most like if it's laggy, you get insanely fast response and at other times extreme lagspikes.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonMike View Post
    The big question is, are you guys using static or dynamic IP's? This may be a factor.

The IP blocking sounds like nonsense to me. If there was truly a block going on for some players, why wouldn't it block you from playing the game?

Chances are there's a mistake with banning procedures. Instead of banning the IP the player used, they're banning a band of them just incase they're dynamic IP users.
    As other have said, it is clear that, like many mmos, the patch server and the game server are separate entities. Once you spoof the launcher, you can disable the VPN and play as normal--until you have to run the launcher again.

Error 105, to my knowledge, is a failure to pass the filecheck the game runs, and 103 is a result of your connection timing out while trying to access the patch server.

What ISPs are all you guys using? I'm on cablevision and could play the game fine until my IP address lease renewed and now I appear to fall into the very narrow range of blocked IP address. You could try to call your ISP and request a new IP address, or you could find out when your IP address lease renews and unplug your modem about an hour before that occurs and wait until the time passes. When you plug in your modem, you should be assigned a new IP address. Hopefully that works.

The only evidence that I can think of to support the IP range being narrow is that if I piggyback on my neighbor's wifi, who also has Cablevision, I can connect to the patch server without a problem. However, the wifi signal is quite weak and is far from an optimal solution.
    Last edited by GP04-Gebera; Jul 7, 2012 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GP04-Gebera View Post
    As other have said, it is clear that, like many mmos, the patch server and the game server are separate entities. Once you spoof the launcher, you can disable the VPN and play as normal--until you have to run the launcher again.

Error 105, to my knowledge, is a failure to pass the filecheck the game runs, and 103 is a result of your connection timing out while trying to access the patch server.

What ISPs are all you guys using? I'm on cablevision and could play the game fine until my IP address lease renewed and now I appear to fall into the very narrow range of blocked IP address. You could try to call your ISP and request a new IP address, or you could find out when your IP address lease renews and unplug your modem about an hour before that occurs and wait until the time passes. When you plug in your modem, you should be assigned a new IP address. Hopefully that works.

The only evidence that I can think of to support the IP range being narrow is that if I piggyback on my neighbor's wifi, who also has Cablevision, I can connect to the patch server without a problem. However, the wifi signal is quite weak and is far from an optimal solution.
    I use Cablevision DSL. It's suffering horrible lag spikes. But! Other games are working great! Error 249's popping up. This reminds me, what ports PSO2 connects throught?
    Last edited by Reia; Jul 7, 2012 at 02:19 PM.

I've tried with the two biggest ISPs from Spain, Telefonica and ONO one is ADSL and the other is FTTH and so far i've had no problems with the game either patching or running.

Moreover all i can tell you is that SEGA never bans foreign IP addresses on their online games even since the days of PSOBB 7 years ago it never happened.

Usually a japanese owned game company (with the exeption of crapcom) don't IP block their games at all as many japanese plays from overseas, when you guys refers to an IP block happening in other games are usually the korean MMO companies with HQs on japan such as nexon, NCsoft, ntreev, NHN, those companies are too closed minded and do not allow foreigners into their games at all.

I think there is too much panicking in this forums regarding the IP blocking with SEGA, is not gonna happen!

back into the topic I beleive that probably your ISP might be having troubles with their DNS resolving IP addresses from japan or from asian countries most ISPs cares only to maintain stability of their DNSs for addresses within their same country as a priority.

My advice is to call your ISP and request a complete checkup of your phone lines, routers and connection equipment.

Okay, after some testing. My problem is like this...

--In previous days, I could play everything fine and normal--
    --Just yesterday, I always stuck at character loading screen no matter how many times I retry--
    --Next, the solution I got is from your VPN protection. I turn it on, I could log in fine, but the game become too laggy and unable to play--
    --Then, I turn off the VPN, it seem that my game running smooth again, and everything good like the old days--
    --I think that it shouldn't related to VPN because I could have turn it off to run better, so I uninstalled the program... the same problem came back! (stuck at character loading screen)--
    --To play... I have to reinstalled the VPN again, and but I can turn it off and play smooth--

So.. Is there anybody who could help me figured problem?
    Why do I need VPN, but then I not need to turn it on to play?
    (and when I turn it on, I ll keep getting dc, so I need to turn off, but I need to have it still..)

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Please use the following tool to know what ISP you are using and which WAN IP address you are connected to

http://sega-pc.com/tools/realhost.php

then paste the information in the thread maybe someone else that has your same ISP can confirm if it's the ISP that is having issues or your connection itself

ok what about for sea i have yet to find a hotspot shield that services thailand. closest i can get is japan. anyone know if there is a hotpsot shield with vpn to bypass north american ip block for sea?

Works fine for me, other than some random lag here and there that probably would've been there regardless of the VPN being used or not.
    Edit: the VPN is just a trial, beugh.
    Last edited by Bloothehegdehog; Aug 2, 2014 at 07:37 PM.

Oh hey Hotspot Shield is what I use.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU