Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I am curious about this issue. If someone tried it (aside OP), do post back result.

It might not necessarily be IP block, but some other problem that achieve the same result. (an old lady cut the wire in the desert)

I use MobileFree VPN to boot up the launcher, get updates, and start the game.

I disconnect from it when Gameguard is finished loading, and play from there.

It seems that the 434 error is not related at all to an IP block, instead looks like it's an issue with your antivirus blocking the access to the pso2 download addresses.

In your antivirus firewall make sure to add the rules to be able to download the patch files
    add this address to the list of exeptions: "http://download.pso2.jp/*"

Or simply disable all kind of real time protection and the antivirus/firewall itself.

link to the original post: http://blog.livedoor.jp/areigai/archives/52092284.html

It seems highly unlikely that SEGA would block only certain foreign IPs and not just ban your accounts if they didn't want you playing.

Unless you guys have IPs within the same range, I'm gonna have to agree with Neirene.

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    Nope, it just trying to load my character, but my character never load and never show up. so the screen just stuck there..

It happen all the time until I start your "step-3" and download the free version of the hotspot shield"

It work, but.. now it seem that with the protection running. my connection become bad, and keep dc in game.
    Hey Akira, You only need the VPN to start up the game. Once you see the the first cutscene you can turn off the VPN. If you are still having problems let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Neirene View Post
    It seems that the 434 error is not related at all to an IP block, instead looks like it's an issue with your antivirus blocking the access to the pso2 download addresses.

In your antivirus firewall make sure to add the rules to be able to download the patch files
    add this address to the list of exeptions: "http://download.pso2.jp/*"

Or simply disable all kind of real time protection and the antivirus/firewall itself.

link to the original post: http://blog.livedoor.jp/areigai/archives/52092284.html
    And Neirene, I know that the 434 error can be a result of having your antivirus enabled. In fact, I mention that in the walkthrough. However it can also be a result of an IP block. The reason I know this is because before I had my VPN installed, I would do a file check and it would give me the 434 error Even though I had my firewall and antivirus disabled. When I enabled my VPN it worked perfectly.

For whatever reason some people's IP's are being blocked, trust me. The reason nobody thinks so is because of what Tailtu said, it's only happening to a very small group of players.

The big question is, are you guys using static or dynamic IP's? This may be a factor.

The IP blocking sounds like nonsense to me. If there was truly a block going on for some players, why wouldn't it block you from playing the game?

Chances are there's a mistake with banning procedures. Instead of banning the IP the player used, they're banning a band of them just incase they're dynamic IP users.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonMike View Post
    The big question is, are you guys using static or dynamic IP's? This may be a factor.

The IP blocking sounds like nonsense to me. If there was truly a block going on for some players, why wouldn't it block you from playing the game?

Chances are there's a mistake with banning procedures. Instead of banning the IP the player used, they're banning a band of them just incase they're dynamic IP users.
    I ran through Static IP at home, and had no problems
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

I'm kinda screwed if every month my ISP decides to give me a terrible IP that is banned across some sites I go to. Calling AT&T, they don't understand what I mean, and insist on sending a Tech guy out to test the line. I have to pretty much threaten to go to Comcast for them to waive the fee (because they see nothing physically wrong...).

Do I use proxies? Not ALL the time. Just when my IP renews every month and gives me one that is banned across sites I frequent.

I'll bookmark this for the future! Thanks~

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

If it's really an IP block, wouldn't calling your ISP for a renewed IP address be (sorta) less hassle?

I'm not IP blocked but the game will throw No. 103 and 105s at me, so I have to VPN for 100% success rate, at the cost of not being able to patch fast. My internet is pretty fast, but using the VPN it takes long to patch, but without fail. My VPN is not exactly capped as I can still download other stuff at pretty much what my internet can download at.