Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Concerning Payment methods

We've established that --

Debit Visas have problems, unless you call in. Most Debit whatevers do.

Webmoney/all those other options can be ordered through Kaneda(?) and Sutocorp, which adds a pretty ridiculous fee

Vanilla Visas and other prepaid cards work as long as you register it beforehand. (I found out the ones I can MAKE work with no problem whatsoever. 3000AC cost 37.64 CDN[Conversion sucks])

But one thing is how easy it is to change cards or methods after? Thinking of it, there might be something that prevents me from switching cards around. I can't exactly reload the one I was using or anything.

What might happen if I do get a new card?

What kind of problems do debit Visas have? My authorizations went through, but the pending charge has been hanging for a few days-- is there something specific I need to do?
    PSO2 - Rhed - Ship 10: Full of roleplayers!
    PSZ -- Increase -- FC: 5113 3518 4199
    The Vanguard - Phantasy Star Roleplaying Community!
    Phantasy Star Online 2 Roleplay - The PSO-W group for PSO2 RP, Ship 2 and all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhedrimond View Post
    What kind of problems do debit Visas have? My authorizations went through, but the pending charge has been hanging for a few days-- is there something specific I need to do?
    Like I said, I'm told you actually need to contact your bank to get them to allow it.

Even then, it was instant-rejected when I tried to do that method.

I'm just worried that if I use one method, I may be locked into it.

Ah, I see-- I guess mine's fine then since I already got my AC. I'm just a little nervous since charges usually don't hang for this long.

And you should be able to use other methods; you can even change your name and address on the account. When you go to make a purchase, does it still give the option for Webmoney and the like?

Star Base. Where no turtle has gone before.

The charge "Hanging" is up to SEGA. The authorization already reserves x amount of credit for the charge. The pending is a 12-14ish day period in which the CC company awaits more information about the charge. To be put on a billing statement etc.

Lots of companies often take about 3-4 days. Even then, after the 12-14 day period (depending on your CC provider) it will automatically go through as is. I really wouldn't worry about it.

This is for most CCs. Also certain debit cards when used online function more like CCs than debit cards. It really depends on the CC / debit company.
    Last edited by Ranmo; Jul 7, 2012 at 02:44 PM.

Hm I read your post wrong back then so I deleted mine.

But I have same problem with debit mastercard, the transaction is hanging there for long and it does not say it was blocked on 3rd of july, it actually says that every day it wasn't accepted and new pending transactions is there for another day.

So not even calling to your bank solved the issue? I don't want to get my account banned as I already spent almost all of the AC.

I'd figure they'd have paypal as an option....eh oh well
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Thanks for the clarification, Ranmo!

Steve, from the sound of what was said here and what I've read elsewhere, it seems that if the initial authorization went through, the rest is in SEGA's hands, not our banks'. So, everything should be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    It instant-declined my mastercard... D: I want to give them my money, but they won't take it! So what do I do, call my bank?
    That's what I'd like to know.

I opted for prepaid instead. If you can load your own prepaid card, you're pretty much golden.

Pounder of Poon

I tried to use my Vanilla Visa just now with $25 on it and it said it didn't work, I called and setup my card also to use online. Wonder why it didn't work.

Any ideas?