Default Crashing at Multi-Party areas?

well, it seems that whenever I enter a multi-party area PSO2 seems to crash on me after a few minutes or so. First the game freezes, then the screen goes black for a few seconds, then when it goes back to normal the game window is white and there is a message in japanese, then the game closes and in the corner of my computer screen it said the graphics driver shut down and restarted or something. This happens every time I enter a multi-party area. I tried updating my graphic driver, but it keeps telling me it is up to date and when I look up online how to update this one I can never seem to find anything that helps. It is really starting to tick me off because I just want to play.

Hey there, Zari!

I was having EXACTLY the same problem as you. Fortunately, the solution is very simple: update your graphics driver and lower your graphic settings.

I don't know your computer's manufacturer, but if you run a driver diagnostic with them, chances are that they will say your graphics driver is up-to-date. However, for example, if you have a 2009 graphics driver, chances are that they haven't done jack to improve that driver, so your graphics driver is technically "up-to-date."

To check the year model of your driver, click the Start button, search "Run", and click on that application. Type in "dxdiag" and press the Display tab. Look at the information under Driver (should be to the right) and it should tell you the year it was made. If you've got 2012.. then try lowering your graphic settings and see if that helps. 2011 is a maybe. 2010 and lower.. DEFINITELY CHANGE!

If that's your case, just uninstall that driver through Device Manager (make sure you click "Uninstall Software" too). Your resolution will get smaller, but don't panic! Look around for a 2012 graphics driver (I'm using 2012 Intel Graphics HD, which works perfectly fine), and install that to your computer. Then restart your computer, and you should be able to play PSO2 without any crashing. And hopefully you get side-benefits from upgrading your driver (crisper, smoother gameplay).

Hope that helps!

If you have further questions, it'll be helpful if you post your computer specs and model so we get a clearer picture of what we're dealing with. But hopefully that solves it

Ah okay thanks. I actually have the 2010 version of the Intel HD graphics. I'm looking for the 2012 now.

EDIT: I found it and am downloading it now. I know I can download and install it before un-installing the old 2010 one

EDIT: I try to download 2012 ones but when I go to install one it always tells me that my comp doesn't meet the minimum requirements, but I made sure that the driver was compatible with my OS and my computer's processor (Intel Core i3)

EDIT: Okay so I found one that should be compatible with my comp but when I go to install it, it tells me "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer." I checked the Dell website but the latest they have is from 2010, so is there a way to get around the fact that they want to force me to install from the Dell site, whose drivers are out-of-date?

EDIT: nvm, found out that to get around it I just needed to uninstall the old driver so dell didn't bother me with installing the new one. I should be good now, I'll update this if I still crash
    Last edited by Zari; Jul 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM.

I have the same prob. Also happens when that dude crashes, or when I toggle the big mini map. I also tried new drivers and got the minimum prob.