Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    This has been getting on my nerves lately as well. All these blocks chock filled the capacity, yet, bots, bots and more bots everywhere I go. It boggles the mind. I guess this is the type of thing you have a guild (team) for, I guess. I was really hoping to involve that scene in this game, though.
    -shamelessly offers you to join the team I'm with- .

But yeah, I realize bots give you benefits but as I believe someone said earlier you can just S rank the level 1 mission repeatedly for the rewards and be done with it. I don't think it's even possible to get a Cross Burst with bots because they just aren't efficient enough. o_O
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    If I bring NPC's it's because if I leave my party open either nobody joins or only somebody who rants on about how useless hunters are and how only forces and rangers matter will join my game.
    Forgive my ignorance, but I've never heard 'hunters are useless' before. Granted, I am pretty air headed. Why do people believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_S View Post
    I think the main issue is that more people realize that NPCs give powerful disks if you spam missions with them, but a lot of those people don't think to just spam the first quest over and over.
    This is what I do. It's the most efficient way, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Seizure Bot View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but I've never heard 'hunters are useless' before. Granted, I am pretty air headed. Why do people believe that?
    Kids seem to think that since hunters won't get 7k damage on weak bulleted weak points every time they attack hunters are useless.

If that gets shot down with "alright but I don't care about big numbers and I consistently get high damage with quickly refilling PP from all the melee I do" they just proceed to say that hunter is useless.

I'm already hearing every force and ranger I know say their class gets really boring because all they have to do is S+M1 all the time, and they're interested in going hunter because it seems like it's actually fun. Which it is. I carefully chose this class, by which I mean I could already tell how freaking boring shooting things from outside their attack range gets after a couple days.

You can set up a multiplayer party between you and friends using the same password. That's the only way it will work. Helps my teams every time. You just need 12 people of 3 teams and connect your parties to the main one.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Just why.
    Shitty implementation of the system. You can't see other parties in the big are map, only on that awfully small zoomed-in minimap. People split, people skip single monsters. People go in some direction then suddenly take a turn. You never know if they are going into that direction or going for some loot. PUGs are awful. I can't imagine effective farming of PSE without some kind of external voice chat software but at that time its not a PUG anymore.

After reading this entire thread and posts...I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here.

Me and my brother (huge fans of PSO) signed up and started playing since last week, considering not one of us can read or understand japanese, it's not easy trying to figure everything out here. So we've been traveling together, leveling up together everything almost identical to stay on the same page. we usually make a room just for us and password it...we didn't even find out we can add NPC's to our party until level 19...

the point i'm getting at here is, most of the posts in this thread almost make it sound like people are doing these things on purpose...some of us aren't (like us), we're just trying to play through the game and understand how to play it as we progress, i had no idea all this was affecting other players, i thought it was just in our best interest and play style to create a party password and add 2 bots as we both like to play together, most of us just don't understand the game yet (JAPANESE!) and a lot of us don't even know what we're doing half the time right now, I'm just speaking from my point of view being new to all this. Guides are great, but it's one thing at a time here...

Me and my bro have always just liked playing a game either splitscreen/online together just the two of us as a team, I don't mind playing with other people, but not understanding the language makes things very difficult at times. Yesterday i made a non-password room, had someone join us, hardly helped and ran ahead as we were trying to complete side quests...then after the mission and return to lobby, they just stayed in the party even though we had other side quests planned, but i couldn't communicate that because i don't speak japanese.

also this thread's directed to people like me just because i am doing exactly what is being hated upon in here, I'm not doing it intentionally...i just don't understand what everything means yet.
    like what is PSE burst? what is cross burst? what is red emergency codes? how do you guys know that farming quest 1 with NPC's gives better disc drops? what benefits does multi party area's do for people, there's so many questions i have unanswered so far that i'm sure a lot of other people like me are in the same boat...so sorry we're upsetting you and your gaming experience...but as said, most of us just don't know how this game is played still.

Who would've known such a first post would be such a great post.

Welcome to PSO-World, mind all the weeaboos who get butthurt over the slightest of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Who would've known such a first post would be such a great post.

Welcome to PSO-World, mind all the weeaboos who get butthurt over the slightest of things.
    hah thanks. I actually remember using this website a looooooong time ago to build my mag during the PSO on dreamcast days, I've just never bothered to sign up or use the forum as...i don't even think i knew what a forum was at that time i was so young :\

Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXVII View Post
    snip
    I totally agree with the things you said, but my reason was because i did not know about the English community on ship 10, I played with bots to avoid a Japanese player joining my group. The reason being I feel bad not being able to communicate with them, so I Just play by myself.

edit: I played gw1 on and on for 6 years, so i don't mind using henchies (NPC) either.
    Last edited by Silvermember; Jul 8, 2012 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXVII View Post
    i am doing exactly what is being hated upon in here
    No you're not, since you didn't figure out that bots could be brought with you until recently lol.

I think this thread is picking at that one guy that brings 3 bots in his party to fill up slots in the 12-man multiparty in free fields that, hopefully, is meant for grinding/farming. This stops other real people from joining and reaping the benefits. If you're doing only quests, then you're not part of the problem as once you start a new quest, you leave whatever multiparty you were in and join a new one provided you don't limit participation from other parties.

tl;dr you're fine.
    天上無敵!常勝無敗!唯一無二のPhantasmaです
    Ship 2