Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Name we one game that came from Japan that had a better localized version than the original.
    Priest (HC) on all games. Ship 2: FO/TE

Hunters Club since '01. It's a club, not a clan!

While I agree with many of the user sentiment that Spring 2013 is quite far away, keep in mind that other blockbuster releases are upon us this Q3/4 of 2012. I believe this may be part of the reason they wish to release in the Spring.

As for the separation of servers, I cannot help but wonder if it would be wise to join and stay with the Japanese servers. The United States servers have had a consistent history of shutting down before the Japanese servers. Even so, I do hope that there is a decision to join the two together. It would be nice to not have to worry about that too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    You're not very convincing.

Troll until proven otherwise from credible source.
    Gahaha. Goodness, you're quite the dip.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyoko View Post
    Are you meaning to tell me that, in the ENTIRETY of PSU's offline mode, there was only 10 voiced scenes? Alright, then.

The guys working on the english patch have also done a -tremendous- amount of work in terms of actually having stuff translated. That's like... A tiny group of people and they've got most of it done in a week? You should take a look at the documents sometime, it's been pretty full for quite some time.
    Hyperbole. It probably had more than 10, but it still had very few voiced scenes in general and those that were voiced were all voiced by a small group. Bigger cast, more work, even if technically it is less Voice over work, which in this case it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Name we one game that came from Japan that had a better localized version than the original.
    I know one... Kingdom Hearts! We had extra bosses and English Disney voice acting.

It was better until they got Final Mix. (They still use English VOs though)
    PSO2 JP Characters:
    SHIP 02:
    Kyoushu HU: 45 FI: 51 RA: 28 FO: 15 BR: 44

I'm on the forgiving side.

Plus I have so much free time in my hands that I literally have nothing to do with it most of the time.

But I'm willing to play on the US server. I'll probably play on both. I'm not going in with the highest of expectations other than "Maaaaaybe SoA learned. Maybe. Possibly. Oh what am I thinking it's Segac."

Metal Gear Solid. Want 2 more?

On topic, since Sega isn't going to outsource the game to some POS company like Aeria, we still have a chance to get shared servers. I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

Sonic Adventure. The original Japanese version was glitchy as shit. Must of the bugs were ironed out for the international release.

That's cool, but I'll be staying on JP. I have no intentions of wagering content and support just for an English translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    Christ, a lot of you are unpleasable pricks.
    Oh it's that "entitled gamers" attitude again!

People have a right to be pissed about it.
    Last edited by Mike; Jul 9, 2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Language