Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    There is no latency that I've noticed whilst playing JP PSO2. All damage, healing, etc. shows up the instant it connects.

Obviously the language barrier is still an issue, though.
    In Europe the speed to JP servers in PSU was worse than for US people, who experienced about as much as EU->US. I'm assuming this is the same case for the new service.

Honestly I think language is a much smaller problem, when you're seeing it day to day katakana becomes fairly comfortable to work with, I even found it fun to learn.

There is no latency that I've noticed whilst playing JP PSO2. All damage, healing, etc. shows up the instant it connects.

Obviously the language barrier is still an issue, though.
    I've had quite a few latency issues. Not major, but when the server is laggy it can be problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodflowers View Post
    In Europe the speed to JP servers in PSU was worse than for US people, who experienced about as much as EU->US. I'm assuming this is the same case for the new service.

Honestly I think language is a much smaller problem, when you're seeing it day to day katakana becomes fairly comfortable to work with, I even found it fun to learn.
    Oh, I see. Forgot that some parts of Europe are farther away from Japan.

Also, yes, katakana isn't so bad. I've already memorized about 1/4 of the characters, and can read a lot of the weapon abilities, and other simple texts, without looking anything up. In a year or so, I'm sure I'll be able to read most of the game, just due to repetition if nothing else.

I am from europe and I have to say that the PSO2 servers are way better then the PSU servers. Numbers showing up, taking damage, using mates, breaking boxes etc. all of that took way longer on PSU for me. In PSO2 it all happens basically instantly.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

Well, I live in Spain which is certainly closer to US than JP, and I still suffer no lattency problems. I was actually very pleasantly surprised because in JPSU this was an issue that made the game not too enjoyable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodflowers View Post

I'm from Europe, the country where I live, Portugal, is possibly one of the European countries that is the most further away from Japan, and I have close to no latency issues ever since the database servers upgrade during the open beta (other than a lag spike when a block crashes).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

The way i see this is a huge roll back. Ill b playing both due to my friends and them not takeing the leap of faith like i did but i wont like it. We are going to b so far behind
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Latency is horrendous for me from my location (Pooland), its visible especially when it comes to PSE Bursts - whenever I hear "Burst finish" the clock is at around 2:900, pick-ups are also ~3-4 seconds late. Sometimes I see monsters appear, and then die, before I launch Divine whatever in multiparty areas.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Man and people called me the negative one.

I think if Sega can shape up back in Japan and make this game.

Then the guys on our side can work things back up with a clean slate on PSO2 as well.

Yes yes PSO is old and PSU is a catastrophe. But at least TRY to think of the few good things that can come from localization. They put PSOWorld's name on the official site and seems like they're looking out for the communities input this time around. Don't let them down with instantaneous negativity just yet because not sharing a server and content with Japan absolutely HAS to mean instant fail.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

If it's almost a year away, do people still think the servers will be "jointed" together? Nope, looks like it's gonna be another bend-over-and-take-the-subpar-service SoA mess, just like PSU was.

No thanks! JP all the way.
    I agree I'm staying with JP PSO

Mixae: Ship 2
    o(≧▼≦○〃パンチ