Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Well, hell, I dunno if I WANT a localized version if I have to suffer through THAT.
    Honestly, this is one of the things I dread the most too. There are also certain demographics that frequent free online games that have a history of being even more obnoxious, and I'm not looking forward to meeting them again either.

Nor am I looking forward to the symbol chat spam of primary and secondary sexual characteristics. The Japanese may be passive-aggressive and quite disturbing at times, but they're frankly a lot less flat out irritating and immature than most people.

I'll make a character on the English server. With the release this far behind there is no way it's going to be a global server system. And even if it was it would probably be restricted to some dedicated ships since it would otherwise mess up the update schedule.

Thank god I started with the JP version, otherwise the wait would be killing me!!!

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Oooooi, the negativism. Miyoko, save me, please..

Wait, what am I....okay, dramatic flare over. *walks out*

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    Honestly, this is one of the things I dread the most too. There are also certain demographics that frequent free online games that have a history of being even more obnoxious, and I'm not looking forward to meeting them again either.

Nor am I looking forward to the symbol chat spam of primary and secondary sexual characteristics. The Japanese may be passive-aggressive and quite disturbing at times, but they're frankly a lot less flat out irritating and immature than most people.
    Amen.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    *insert fanfare here*

Welp, now we have files we can hot swap for those english files... I mean, not that I would ever .dat swap like in FFXI. I mean, wait, this is good news I think.
    Indeed, that was pretty much my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    This is even after the re-launch of FFXIV in January of 2013 with the PS3 edition.

And as Olaf said, this reeks of foul play and I'm more than likely not going to touch it. Unless we get IP banned off the JP server.
    Here again indeed, The only reason I will move if A. PSO-World announces a mass move to the English servers or B. getting IP blocked from PSO2 JP. Or if and this is a big if sega allows character transfers and the servers are global so that the whole PS community are on the same servers JP, US, EU, ect.

Plus with the 9 month separation it's fairly obvious that they are doing voice dubs for the characters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    I see the localisation is going well already.
    For some reason the first thing that came to mind was an image of a drunk frat college student yelling "Whooooooo Yeah!" in relation to the translations. 'Arks' to 'Arcs', 'Darkers' to 'D-Arkers' really?! that's getting on boarder line FUBAR
    Last edited by Skye-Fox713; Jul 9, 2012 at 02:33 AM.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

Me w4nt Jet Grind Radio NPC in NA PSO2!Gimme naos!

On a more serious note.im staying JP Pso2 for lots of reasons...
    1.ive already put and will put tons of time into account till the NA release.
    2.Have tons of friends and have gotten used to menus already.
    3.I dont want to play something thatll end up like PSU NA....where we were like 1-2 years behind in updates.

Im staying on this JP crack!
    D2/Level 40 RAmar/Ship 2/Block 20-23

Quote Originally Posted by Skye-Fox713 View Post
    Indeed, that was pretty much my plan.

Here again indeed, The only reason I will move if A. PSO-World announces a mass move to the English servers or B. getting IP blocked from PSO2 JP. Or if and this is a big if sega allows character transfers and the servers are global so that the whole PS community are on the same servers JP, US, EU, ect.
    I think we'll have a mass "let's all play on the english server when we hit the level cap in the JP versionand see new faces!" but I do believe we're all keeping our mains on the JP servers.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

How could you guys be complaining about an international release...? I'm pretty shocked and hyped for this. If your excuses are that you don't wanna restart... LIKE, REALLY?!

/ionlyreadthefirstpagesoyeah

To the folks worrying about massive delays in content ala PSU: I think someone already brought up how rules on patches, updates, and such are much more restrictive on consoles than on PC. Since the only version of PSU that survived long-term was on 360, that makes sense. However, PSO2 is a PC game, and those same restrictions won't reply.

Now shut your weeaboo mouths.

Also, considering that servers are locking down on JP PSO2, English may be the way to go for western gamers anyway.

Inb4 the game comes back up after maintenance, (given the timing of this announcement) and no one can log in due to a new region IP block to keep all the idiotic ship 2 teen asswipes that wore out their welcome with vulgar symbol chats and lobby afk hogging, from being able to play the game until it comes out in their region in spring 2013 (exclusively only on Vita in NA and EU for 6 months to a year, count on it)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~ I'm gonna laugh sooo hard! Place your bets kids!

You brought it on yourselves if it happens, not even gonna feel bad for ya