Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Red face Disaster stories!

I just got out of an hour-long hellish mission that ended in a sore thumb from pushing on the XBOX controller control stick as boss after boss spawned in a row. But I can't be the only one. I want to hear your guys' stories.

Mine was-
    Me, two friends, and Lisa were doing a mission for one of said friends where we had to S rank free caves exploration. The second room ended up having an insanely long, confusing map that did a damned good job of hiding the exit. 3 bosses spawned while we wandered aimlessly--Dark Ragni, Caterdran, and even Vol Dragon (the boss for that mission). WHILE we had the Vol Dragon, we got an Emergency Code Avoid. And the dragon for that stage ended up being infected/darkness'd/HARDER.

BUT WE DID ALL OF IT.
    It was fun in the end. :'D

I was in the Forest, an Emergency code: Avoid happened, I was running to a part of the map where there was a large space so I can avoid it. When I got there, I got trapped by 3 different floor traps back to back to back and obviously failed and nearly died.

I was in the Desert, a Dark Ragne spawned and 2 seconds later a trap stops me from moving, causing me to die and lose my S rank.

Seriously, I'm so fucking tired of these fucking floor traps. You can't detect them, they happen to show up at some of the worst times, almost as if the game is simply throwing those things at you on purpose. It shouldn't be a problem if you are in a party with other people, otherwise you'll have to free yourself, or hope the terrain plays to your advantage, letting you jump out, or waste a PB and exploit the invincibility time.

The game sure hates me at times, I went into Caves to fight Catadran, Run into Code Duel with Vol Dragon amidst a crap ton of enemies in a narrow corridor in the first area with a dark pulsating disk at my back, and it wasn't even a multiparty area. After a few deaths and beating that dreaded dragon, Change Over : Code Duel, and spawns another Vol Dragon, and so 8 deaths later....

Soon after that I decide to go take on Vol for real in free caves, Code Duel with Vol in the second area which is multiparty but I was the only one in the area at the time and the whole duration I was there fighting Vol. So much for clearing it in 20 minutes....

"Code: Avoid" says trollololololololololmad? at the most inopportune times ever.
    天上無敵!常勝無敗!唯一無二のPhantasmaです
    Ship 2

What's worse about Code avoid is that other people can fail it for you by getting themselves hit by it, even bigger troll.

Though I find them hilarious as it scatters everyone especially in a multiparty area

Blew a mil trying to add Shoot III & Rappy Soul on a 9 star unit. After countless tries, I didn't get it.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Quote Originally Posted by doomdragon83 View Post
    Seriously, I'm so fucking tired of these fucking floor traps. You can't detect them, they happen to show up at some of the worst times, almost as if the game is simply throwing those things at you on purpose. It shouldn't be a problem if you are in a party with other people, otherwise you'll have to free yourself, or hope the terrain plays to your advantage, letting you jump out, or waste a PB and exploit the invincibility time.
    Yeah, I hate the floor traps too. I've been lucky with them so far, and I'm a Force so dodging right at the time of the explosion is way easier than it should be, but I understand how they could be frustrating for... basically any other class. D;

My worse streak with the floor traps was 3 in a row, I jumped out of into another, and into another, in the same area.

Floor traps are easy... just have to react fast and jump+dodge to get out. 3 in a row is pretty awesome though.

Also, Code Avoids + Duel + PSE Burst is simply not fair.

Also, having to basically solo a boosted lv35 Vol Dragon for the last story mission is extremely uber lame.

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyousei View Post
    My worse streak with the floor traps was 3 in a row, I jumped out of into another, and into another, in the same area.
    LOL YES! This happened to me multiple times during one of my first few times in forest free field on hard. I guess this is what they call difficulty raising.
    天上無敵!常勝無敗!唯一無二のPhantasmaです
    Ship 2