Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Potential hacker?

So something weird happened while I was playing tonight

I was playing the darker extermination forest mission with one of my friends when a person that had his name grayed out joined our party. At first we just kinda joked about it but he didnt say anything. When my friend asked what his name was he just said "name". I figured something was fishy so we left the party and tried to restart the mission.

We started the mission up again, and when we got the the second area (the multi party zone) we herd another team talking and the guy with the grayed out name joined there group. We quit again and tried to start a different mission, the rappy capture mission, but he followed us there as well. We ended up quitting a third time and making a locked room, but my friend had to leave so I logged out after him. I also restarted my computer out of paranoia but I dont think that really matters :P

I have no clue who this person is or if he is even a threat, but I didnt want to risk anything. I am just wondering if anyone else had seen this person or knew what was going on.

Oh and we were on ship 2, block 30 when this happened
    I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!

You must've been playing with an AI. By the looks of it, you had an NPC AI in your team. Then after, the other party had the same NPC.

When an NPC talks, it is shown in your party chat also

or maybe someone from SEGA doing a bit of snooping, you never know stranger things have happened. IMHO hackers usually announce there presence, loud and proud.

For PSO, name hacking seems pretty minor if it really is the case. But if we are going to be realistic, this is gameguard we are talking about. Wide spread hacking is pretty much a inevitability.

Oh, I remember seeing someone with their name all grayed out yeaterday. Letters that can't be read by PSO2 becomes gray boxes. This happens when typing in üåäö, for instance.
    I don't think he was a hacker, but one can never be too sure.

Remember Optimus Prime on the good 'ole PSO days? He pretty much FSOD everyone.

He didn't identify himself when asked, just stay clear. As it is, we have a nub trying to get us all banned lol

"0x9c" Hacker just throwin it out there. Person modded the launcher with machine gun rate of fire.
    PSO2 Karai

If, by "greyed out" mean grey blocks, then this is due to the limited charset in PSO2's font.
    For example, try pasting umlauts like "öäü" into the chat.

Any chance your "hacker" with greyed out name look like this?

^ That's not a hacker... xD;; But yea, at least that "person" should at least introduce themselves X)