Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default About voices for Pso2 US release..

I have to wonder how badly they goung to butcher the voices, think they will allow you to switch between english and japanese? Lisa just won't be the same without her creepy as hell laugh she does. That and I hate dubs in general most of the time the voice does not match the char at all.

I think we all know what to expect from the voice changes..
    Just don't be too disappointed when the time comes.

I'd prefer english subs, but we all know we won't get that either. Or will we? Naw..
    Let's not get optimistic.

Most of the characters I've heard have sounded obnoxious enough that I can't imagine English will be much worse.

Well for me I pretty much skip or ignore all mini cutscenes and havent even touched my Matter Board, I would notice very little difference. (assume we get to keep character sounds)

Seems very unlikely we will get a optional JP though, there are simply to many high profile VOs in PSO2, license would just cost to much.

((As for someone who absolutely adored PSU, I actually liked the NA Voices, they were oddly charming))
    Last edited by renrinken; Jul 10, 2012 at 04:35 AM.

The only company that allowed both JP voices & English voices are NIS America series such as Disgaea; they know what their fans want. A while back I remember reading something on why Japanese videogame companies go through the trouble of dubbing English voices, something to do with not meeting one of the requirement of terms of something something, i'm sure its got politics injected in there where some old fart over in the U.S. thinks playing videogames from Japan will influence negatively on the population of U.S. soil or some rubbish along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by renrinken View Post
    Well for me I pretty much skip or ignore all mini cutscenes and havent even touched my Matter Board, I would notice very little difference. (assume we get to keep character sounds)

Seems very unlikely we will get a optional JP though, there are simply to many high profile VOs in PSO2, license would just cost to much.
    You are missing a lot..
    The tempermental conversations that Echo and Xeno have together leave me ever so curious as to what actually goes on between them. Does Echo expect Xeno of being unfaithful? Is Xeno tired of Echo's strong attachment? They need a soap opra just for them.

We all know Lisa is a nutcase. So even translated, we'll never know what goes on up there.
    I feel like this could be ruined in the localized version of PSO2 though. Just a feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
    Most of the characters I've heard have sounded obnoxious enough that I can't imagine English will be much worse.
    Don't get me started on the terrible tutorial elf.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Don't get me started on the terrible tutorial elf.
    He did a great job as Ash from Phantom Brave, if it is the same guy.

But voices are not the main reason I'm worried about the US/EU release...

Not sure what's up with the hate on the Japanese voice-acting. Maybe you guys aren't Anime fans or prefer Funimation dubs, but they sound about on track with what you would hear from voice-acting of the same character archetypes in Japanese animation or video game voice acting.

I don't know. I pictured Aflin as comparable to Hanatarou (SP?) from Bleach, or Velvet Waver from Fate Zero--apologies if I'm not spelling the names right; and they sound about roughly the same tone.

Xeno's your typical confident, shonen guy...and it sounds just like he would if I was watching him in a series. The list goes on, but you get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    He did a great job as Ash from Phantom Brave, if it is the same guy.

But voices are not the main reason I'm worried about the US/EU release...
    I think it's the face. Like, the voice isn't THAT bad, but he's got a chin that could chisel marble and all of it together just makes me queasy.

edit: Don't misunderstand me, I almost always prefer subs over dubs. Japanese voice acting is typically pretty great. I'm just worried that if I dislike some of these voice actors, well, it's not like SoA will pay for better VA's.