Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Maku View Post
    We shouldn't have to put up with this crap like you're suggesting we do. If you hack the game and inconvenience other players, you should be banned permanently from the game. No one should have to suffer because some script-kiddy is butthurt.
    Put up with it till SEGA fixes it. Dont let it turn you off the game completely. YOu can still find places to play and just get by. SEGA will fix this, and yes those who hack should get perma banned. But still, you can have fun on the game till its fixed. I just dont get those who are now turned off from this. There is still places to play

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

block 20 looks to be back to normal.

For those that don't know, you can still party up on affected blocks by going to the campship and accepting missions there. Client Orders are out of the question, but you can just jump blocks and turn those in.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    Not to ship 2! It's currently locked, as I last recall...
    That's a good point, I forgot about that much. But if they have no way to get back in after being banned (which I assume they were), then who is currently doing all this hacking? Different people each time? Shame if it's become such a widespread, easy to do thing.

And I was thinking that exact thing Triple_S. Really, at most, it's just a minor inconvenience. Somewhat annoying, yes, and it really needs to be fixed, but it's still not worth getting that mad over.

Quote Originally Posted by CastSoldierFan96 View Post
    LOL man.. the positions are being changed client side, don't think your credit card info will be stolen just because of this.

this whole topic is so fun
    You're telling me that these hackers are changing everyone's NPC's location client side to the same exact location on all of our clients!? Man, if this is the case I would be more worried about personal info on your own computer.

To bad yes they are changing things server side, there would be no other way everyone would see the NPC's in the same spot at the same time. So there is some sort of exploit that they are using, and have been since CBT according to them. And if they can change things server side to affect our game play I would call it a very big issue.

No, you do not know how it works at all, sorry. It is being edited client side and the server is believing that since it was edited on their clients that the NPCs are supposed to be there. Once it is edited all it does is send out a packet to tell the server to move them there. There is no real hacking or anything involved
    Okay, but then how did they do this with afk players a few days ago? There is no way to edit other player's location data client side.
    Last edited by ps0k1d; Jul 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
    PSO2: Ship 2
    ID - psokid - level 40 HUcast
    CAST4LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by ps0k1d View Post
    You're telling me that these hackers are changing everyone's NPC's client side to the same exact location on all of our clients!? Man, if this is the case I would be more worried about personal info on your own computer.

To bad yes they are changing things server side, there would be no way everyone would see the NPC's in the same spot at the same time. So there is some sort of exploit that they are using, and have been since CBT according to them. And if they can change things server side to affect our game play I would call it a very big issue.
    I already explained what is happening and you're wrong. Only client side edits are being done.

Only client side edits are being done.
    Client hacks were done (via cheat engine) which effected the server.

You are telling us that all of our PC's are hacked (all of our clients we are running have been modified!!!!). Think what you are saying.

Playing PSP2i on PSP 6.39PRO-B6 (Online)

PSOW save games converted: 44. Conversion Service Ended.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyskunk View Post
    Client hacks were done (via cheat engine) which effected the server.
    Exactly. It's still only a client side edit.

Which effected the server. Goodnight.

Playing PSP2i on PSP 6.39PRO-B6 (Online)

PSOW save games converted: 44. Conversion Service Ended.

I already said it affected the server in my previous posts. You made it seem like they were hacking into the server and it was so terrible when it's only a change on the client. Obviously many client-side hacks can affect the server.