Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 NEW CLASSES

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    He's not suggesting they will.

He's simply saying the 3 new 'classes' will simply just be the Duman race available as all 3 current available classes.
    I don't know..

I'd say the Classes turning out to be hybrids a million times more likely, and they'd actually call the Duman/Dewman Race an actual Race and not "3 new classes."

Even with the possible theory that SEGA may stupid..

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

And why would they say then "3 new classes" instead of just "1 new race"? :/ Anybody would assume that they'd be aviable for the three current classes, What else, classless dumans? <_<

Seems a silly way of wording to me, anyways. I don't think the people in SEGA are of the brightest type, but I don't think they'd get to that level.

They wouldn't advertise Dewman as 3 new classes but 6, they're counting every race/gender/class as one "class".

New classes. Let's see how well they'll balance them this time.

I wouldn't worry too much with just 3.

Well, in all actuality, they did have trouble with just 3 more. On the other hand, they've probably learned a lot since then.

In PSO, they initially introduced class combinations which behaved a bit more like hybrids; but they kind of overpowered them. Of course, they had the balance all wrong with PSO version 1 with just 3 classes total, making Forces have zero advantages over Hunters and were basically squishy Hunter wannabes without the ATP. Version 2 fixed a number of these issues.

In PSU, they initially under-powered the hybrids, brought them up to probably the right level, while way overcompensating the non-hybrid classes.
    PSZ - only 3 classes, overpowered force and seriously nerfed certain other classes. Particularly rangers (who didn't use glitches).

PSP2, stuck to only 3 classes and a hybrid class; but given the ability to self modify your class to something different and balanced, worked out pretty well. Though forces took a hit until infinity.

So yeah, they've had their balance issues with every previous Phantasy Star release normally only being adhered to in a completely new release. Often overcompensating from a previous issue.

Still, I imagine they learned a lot from that, and being this is F2P, they likely will not go the *wait until expansion before fix* route.

They just haven't exactly had a history of being able to handle that many classes in the same game. So one might be a little wary of whether they will handle it well. Still, I think they might have learned to:
    1. have enough stats to lower the complications of balance tweaks
    2. Be a little more subtle with their balance changes so it doesn't appear like a person who tries to pilot a plane, sees it leaning too far to the left and compensates by steering the other direction wildly instead of smoothly using the controls to make the minor correction that really works.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jul 12, 2012 at 10:08 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Only one that would be missing is protranser and the 2 acro classes. D:

Otherwise this would be like PSU's start.

Except not keeping the 3 original classes as basic and making forte versions.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I think that new classes is good just hope not bring old classes from psu I mean its better have newer classes than one from psu.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Well, in all actuality, they did have trouble with just 3 more. On the other hand, they've probably learned a lot since then.
    Did they? In PSU classes were not THAT messed up before AotI, as far as I remember. if only they had given the speed boosts, new S ranks and tech caps accordingly to the three hybrids and raised the caps and weapon ranks for the experts, there wouldnt have need for acro & master classes.

But they had to sell AotI and for that they had fo fuck the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by JCGamer View Post
    I think that new classes is good just hope not bring old classes from psu I mean its better have newer classes than one from psu.
    And what would those new classes be, then? The simplest route would be hybrids. Unless you want the typical "thief", "medic" and "trapper" jobs from other RPGs, which would be very unoriginal for me.
    Last edited by Darki; Jul 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM.

Lack of hybrids is one of the prime reasons I wasn't that interested in playing PSO2. This is good news.