Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Wait, where and when did Sega say it's "Global Server"?
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

I wish and hope for them to be global too, not just because it gives me an excuse to keep playing and not be 'wiped' but also because it'd be really odd for there to be a JP server and then a Global-but-not-JP server.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakatsugi View Post
    I'm betting that it's gonna be JP server that we already have and a single "everyone else server". Let's be realistic about how much is going into maintaining the server...... there's really no reason to have 3 server or more, One is more than enough, the 2nd is just SEGA trying to appease the fans and make a profit, having a 3rd server would be counterproductive.
    You do realize that they are currently hosting 10 servers, right? (counting ship servers. If you want to count the other servers that also partake in making the game run, it's probably closer to 15.)
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

If you don't want to burn yourself and generally want to play on the NA/EU servers let off the hope that you will be able to transfer your character to the NA/EU version. The chance for the NA/EU to not be behind the JP version is smaller than the NA/EU being up to date with the JP version. Remember, they are going F2P so they want to steadily release content to get people hooked on and have them stay, especially when it comes to AC scratch content.
    I'd actually hate if the servers were shared in the sense that you can migrate your character (that service is coming eventually) - I mean, what would stop people from bringing over billions of meseta to mess around with the economy?

I don't see a reason why not to go global. (If you say hackers you're getting slapped realllllll harrrrrrd.) None the less my guess is a PSO style setup. If they are promoting Global then that is almost for sure there intent as that would be "false advertising".

Also to OP, why not continue your character? If we are on two completely different servers there still no reason not to play the JP considering they will get the best support and content updates. Not to mention in PSO it's kind of lazy not to wanna level another character as that is like, more then half the point of the game and fun of it lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaz0r View Post
    You do realize that they are currently hosting 10 servers, right? (counting ship servers. If you want to count the other servers that also partake in making the game run, it's probably closer to 15.)
    I did not. So what everyone was saying was...... JP client, they add more server/option to change interface language to English, and call that global server?

I did not. So what everyone was saying was...... JP client, they add more server/option to change interface language to English, and call that global server?
    Precisely. There's already a language select option in the JP Client, with JP being the only option. However, this could just be for the US/EU release, to change between English and European languages.
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

Makes sense. That would actually be an extremely cost affective setup. Update the language packs and open a server that US/EU players can populate. Best option available if Sega wants money, which they do

I'm betting that it's gonna be JP server that we already have and a single "everyone else server". Let's be realistic about how much is going into maintaining the server...... there's really no reason to have 3 server or more, One is more than enough, the 2nd is just SEGA trying to appease the fans and make a profit, having a 3rd server would be counterproductive.
    If the majority of players are happy with the latency as it is now there is no reason to invest in local servers. I'm literally just about exactly on the other side of the planet and I have no lag problem so I don't see any reason for them.

All i can see them doing is possibly adding 5 to 10 more ships onto the current list if they are following through with doing things more in line with what their statements were a few weeks ago when they started messing with their corporate structure.

Also it seems that the servers aren't divided up and structured as most of us are probably thinking of them. The blocks are the servers as we would think of them and they can be added and moved around which is really kinda interesting. Since this is the case they may also opt to not add new ships, but just add more blocks on each ship.

Snowballs chance in hell of being global.