Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast

People are making alot of negative predictions as if it's a fact and already happened on PSO 2 US version's servers. In my view it's way way too early to judge if Service/support/updates will be "terrible" or actually acceptable.

Yes I know their track record is awful I played PSU to AOTI for two and a half years before I got feed up with the support of the PC/PS2 severs for PSU&PSU:AOTI,

IMO If SEGA of America or SoJ want people to that play on US servers have many people pay for Arks Cash and AC items/services they *have* to have vastly improved service over how PSU was handled.

Let's try to at least give Sega's US/EU servers and service at least a month or two before claiming PSO 2 US has "shitty support" etc etc.
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

Quote Originally Posted by atrimiselgnacra View Post
    The ironic thing about everyone here saying "Oh I'm just going to keep playing on the Japanese servers" is that A) It's not really getting the word out to anyone in japan to even contemplate making global servers instead, or putting English as a language option in the Japanese versions, and B) it almost undoubtedly ensures that the English version DOES fail, since the fans of PSO-World are a sizable number of the people that the NA version is being made for. And since we're not going to be playing it, and spending money in the NA cash shop, they're going to assume that it failed, and drop the support instead of trying to address any issues... again because we don't care about it, since we're playing the Japanese version anyways.

To summarize, by saying "I'm not going to play the NA version, because it's going to suck, and they're just going to drop it" you're are going to MAKE it happen, in the end.
    And you should express your concerns on their facebook and twitter pages, and if you can express your concern in Japanese, (more than just google translate, since it doesn't arrange syntax properly) that might make an even larger impact to them. It might not work... they might have their heads so far up the censors ass that it might not change a damn thing... but then again, not even trying is going to GUARANTEE that nothing changes at all.

I'm not saying that facebook and twitter are the best way to reach the Sega of Japan, but unless you happen to have the personal email address of someone, or some people on the team there, this is a good first step.
    +1

For those who havent seen this post

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon28 View Post
    People are making alot of negative predictions as if it's a fact and already happened on PSO 2 US version's servers. In my view it's way way too early to judge if Service/support/updates will be "terrible" or actually acceptable.

Yes I know their track record is awful I played PSU to AOTI for two and a half years before I got feed up with the support of the PC/PS2 severs for PSU&PSU:AOTI,

IMO If SEGA of America or SoJ want people to that play on US servers have many people pay for Arks Cash and AC items/services they *have* to have vastly improved service over how PSU was handled.

Let's try to at least give Sega's US/EU servers and service at least a month or two before claiming PSO 2 US has "shitty support" etc etc.
    I already tried saying this, no one wants to budge.

I don't think their service will be perfect. But I still think having our own version will at least have 1 or 2 1UPs compared to ONLY playing the JP version. And I think it'll be hard to fuck up as badly as PSU. This is coming from someone that likes PSU better than PSO and enjoyed most of his 3 years spent playing that game.

Like everyone else that doesn't like to make a big deal out of everything, I'll still be playing both versions.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

100 % agreed with Atrimiselgnacra's post
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    I already tried saying this, no one wants to budge.

I don't think their service will be perfect. But I still think having our own version will at least have 1 or 2 1UPs compared to ONLY playing the JP version. And I think it'll be hard to fuck up as badly as PSU. This is coming from someone that likes PSU better than PSO and enjoyed most of his 3 years spent playing that game.

Like everyone else that doesn't like to make a big deal out of everything, I'll still be playing both versions.
    Totally get that. I just want Sega to understand we are concerned. We gotta get there attention somehow before it's to late Yeah Square Enix realized after the fact that FF14 was trash at release, but do we really want that to be the start of the US Version, I sure as hell don't. I blew the last of my paycheck to get the collectors edition for the worst mmo of all time. It's doing wayyyy better now though, Ide play if I wasn't so stuck on PSO2. /offtopic

Quote Originally Posted by atrimiselgnacra View Post
    The ironic thing about everyone here saying "Oh I'm just going to keep playing on the Japanese servers" is that A) It's not really getting the word out to anyone in japan to even contemplate making global servers instead, or putting English as a language option in the Japanese versions, and B) it almost undoubtedly ensures that the English version DOES fail, since the fans of PSO-World are a sizable number of the people that the NA version is being made for. And since we're not going to be playing it, and spending money in the NA cash shop, they're going to assume that it failed, and drop the support instead of trying to address any issues... again because we don't care about it, since we're playing the Japanese version anyways.

To summarize, by saying "I'm not going to play the NA version, because it's going to suck, and they're just going to drop it" you're are going to MAKE it happen, in the end.
    And you should express your concerns on their facebook and twitter pages, and if you can express your concern in Japanese, (more than just google translate, since it doesn't arrange syntax properly) that might make an even larger impact to them. It might not work... they might have their heads so far up the censors ass that it might not change a damn thing... but then again, not even trying is going to GUARANTEE that nothing changes at all.

I'm not saying that facebook and twitter are the best way to reach the Sega of Japan, but unless you happen to have the personal email address of someone, or some people on the team there, this is a good first step.
    You know, there's people who actually say "Oh I'm just going to keep playing on the Japanese servers" because they like playing in the japanese servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    You know, there's people who actually say "Oh I'm just going to keep playing on the Japanese servers" because they like playing in the japanese servers.
    Wouldn't a fan at least want to support it to succeed?

Quote Originally Posted by Thermalwolf View Post
    before it's to late
    You must realise this is something they'll have decided long ago. If anything changes your best hope is English language support in the JP client.

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated_AT View Post
    1) Wasn't this a game, something intended to amuse its users?

2) Wouldn't a fan also want to support it where he/she feels his/her contribution is going to be used the best?

I mean, last time I checked, SEGA wasn't an NGO donating it's money to feed hungry children in undeveloped countries. For that I'd feel the call to support. But I think people here take this issue too far. It's a game. I play for fun. So I'll play wherever I find the best amusement. End of the story. Although I have my share in the PSU trauma bullshit, is not like I'm taking revenge or I want SoA to fall. But I don't see why would I feel committed to a server that, for me, is almost as far as the JP one.

Why am I so ebil for choosing one foreign server over another?

Fuck, I just wanna wait for it to be on the run for a couple months to see if it starts well at least, also, I have already friends and a levelled character in the JP servers and I don't really feel like starting over. And I'm not a multiaccount person. But I guess here whoever wants to play in the JP servers does automatically to fuck off the NA servers.
    Last edited by Darki; Jul 13, 2012 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated_AT View Post
    There's no point of supporting something on life support, just cut the power and keep it moving, I'll be staying on PSO2 JP servers. I don't trust SoA I give the game 3 years of life here, maybe being F2P will give it some hope, but I can't take steps backwards in terms of content.

Also most people in the US who played PSU want it on 360 so I don't think most of them will shell for a PC. Vita is also doing poorly in sales so hopefully that even sees a western release granted the install base is very small.
    PSO2 Karai