Thread: about Arks Cash

Default about Arks Cash

This is my first time posting...

So, I'm considering purchasing some AC

But like many of us here, I live overseas(United States to be specific)
    I was wondering, what did you all end up doing to purchase AC?

Did you guys use fake address or use a different method?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

I have a friend that lives in Japan and ended up using their address out of paranoia instead of Sega of Japan's or some Japanese MacDonald's like I'm sure a lot of us did.

To actually purchase Arks Cash, I used my Master Card branded debit card issued by the bank. I had to call the bank and get my debit card cleared for foreign purchases and services before the AC site would accept it as payment. After that, it was smooth sailing.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Personally, after filling out my name as, "Tetsuya Hikari", I just filled in the rest of the blanks with the examples they give in the form for the phone number, address, etc.

People went years without being banned from JP PSU, so I don't see this being any different. If it does happen at some point, I'll be surprised, but the good news is... at least we're getting it localized early next year, so there would be an alternative should such a thing occur.

EDIT: Oh and I also used a Mastercard. I didn't have to call my bank or anything like that though. It transferred the AC to my account as soon as typed in the information it needed. A painless process, really.

I was hesitant about purchasing AC for awhile because of having to BS all your info to get it to accept, but I did it today and it went surprisingly smooth.

And like Tetsuya said, if we ever actually get banned, we can just wait until the NA version comes out. So really, I see no harm in it.
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

Using Tenso sees to be the best option. I mean it's a real japanese address, and they can ship things to you if win something from Sega. It's free to register, just pick Paypal as the payment option, don't even need to enter your paypal or cc or anything. They give you a real address which you can fill out at the sega page. For the name just look up some english to katakana name translator on google. I've already bought AC this way.
    Priest (HC) on all games. Ship 2: FO/TE

Hunters Club since '01. It's a club, not a clan!

My purchase history on my bank's website still doesn't show completed charges for AC. :/ I called them and they told me that nothing was blocked on their end, and they said the other side (SEGA) has to withdrawal the money. I hope they do and there's no issue. >.> I used my Mastercard debit from my bank.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarFO View Post
    My purchase history on my bank's website still doesn't show completed charges for AC. :/ I called them and they told me that nothing was blocked on their end, and they said the other side (SEGA) has to withdrawal the money. I hope they do and there's no issue. >.> I used my Mastercard debit from my bank.
    That's actually been happening to a lot of people. Sega's just kinda sitting on that money right now, so make sure you keep enough funds around for when they actually put the charge through!
    Priest (HC) on all games. Ship 2: FO/TE

Hunters Club since '01. It's a club, not a clan!

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sugarFO View Post
    Strange. My statements actually read the same thing. It still shows as, "processing" even though it was a week ago.

Oh well. I already documented it as being spent, so I know what my limit is. That's still weird though. I hope they aren't checking the address with the card being used or something, lol.

Let's just say, I hope they never read my address info.

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

alright, thanks for all the information.
    I ended up using Tenso. and purchased 1000 AC to start out with.
    The statement appeared immediately afterwards on my bank website.

..... I just hope they don't block it.

Again, thanks for all your help!

Also, if anyone's on Ship 09, I'm there too.
    Same username, character name "bamboo"