Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Another friend of mine couldn't either, I had to help her with deleting them, then I sent her my files (the ones in the zip files I made) so that she's able to play.
    She's not very tech savvy in that regard, and I figured that like her there's many others, so I uploaded the zip files I made for her and put them here for everyone's convenience.

To note that the few WinXP users that still exist often can't even change file access permissions at all to begin with, so this is also aimed at them since otherwise they'd never be able to fix this problem on their own if they're affected by it unless they know what to look for like Jooozek.

And I have no problems with that, I just wanted to clarify something imporant that is all. I guess it is a bad habit because of work.

Quote Originally Posted by DarK-SuN View Post
    What's happening is that the "patcher", when patching the files (as in, deleting the old files, copying the new ones and renaming them from "pat" to normal names), it sets the wrong permissions for some users (god knows why it even needs to set permissions to begin with).
    If you do it manually like some people have been doing, it's not setting any permissions since it's not the "patcher" doing it, it's you doing it yourself.

Here's a link with a working, non permission borked, launcher for those who can't update the launcher:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2280026/pso2launcher.zip
    And here's a link with a working, non permission borked, PSO2.exe for those who have trouble in this second update step:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2280026/pso2exe.zip

I figured uploading these would be nice for the less computer savvy among us who may be afraid of messing stuff up with permission changing stuff (or don't even have access to those permission options depending on their windows account permissions).
    Thank you very much. Worked here =D.