Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

That error is pretty vague. "Could not pay by the entered credit card. Please contact the credit card company." Either you are entering it incorrectly (I have to assume this is a possibility), they blocked your account from using credit cards to charge at all, the companies you are using have decided not to pay those charges, or any number of reasons. Hard to narrow down if they don't give you more information than that.
    SERVERS DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED.

I hope SoJ isn't starting to crack down on gaijin CCs. D:
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

I don't see why, most of those banks operate internationally. The fact you can use them to pay for it at all speaks to that.
    SERVERS DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED.

No charges made to my bank either. I just bought 500 more AC too so they have not changed anything.

Playing PSP2i on PSP 6.39PRO-B6 (Online)

PSOW save games converted: 44. Conversion Service Ended.

Im waiting on buying Ac only to see how everything works out. Talked to a few folks ingame and they didnt have any issues but ive heard differently elsewhere, although this is the first im hearing of the phantom charges... I actually have a valid address in Japan, well a relative, but i wonder if that would be the same as providing a fake address since I dont and have not lived there...

Akumetsu
    Ship 7 Valhalla Knights

The fact everyone that's bought AC hasn't had the transactions fully go through is what bothers me. I've never heard of a company that just sits on the money and goes "Oh...no, we won't take your money yet. We'll just sit on it for awhile because we can." Granted, I already bought some AC so I'm in the same boat as everyone else at the moment. But I think it'd be wise to wait awhile before buying any more.

Also, to the OP, I wish I could help you out. The fact your card worked before and now it isn't seems odd. And you already said you called your bank so I don't know. ;/
    PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Mikura View Post
    The fact everyone that's bought AC hasn't had the transactions fully go through is what bothers me. I've never heard of a company that just sits on the money and goes "Oh...no, we won't take your money yet. We'll just sit on it for awhile because we can." Granted, I already bought some AC so I'm in the same boat as everyone else at the moment. But I think it'd be wise to wait awhile before buying any more.

Also, to the OP, I wish I could help you out. The fact your card worked before and now it isn't seems odd. And you already said you called your bank so I don't know. ;/
    I think I might know why they're sitting on the payments. They can make more money off it.

The exchange rate right now is worsening for most of us in the west when exchanging to yen and the yen is forecast to get even stronger. Just the other week, my currency (GBP), jumped up 10 yen to a British Pound totalling 135 yen. Now, we're about to hit rock bottom again to 122 yen.

Same for the USD. It's very likely that next week the Yen will strengthen and break through the 78 Yen per dollar, possibly reaching a record high. This might be why Sega isn't cashing in on foreign cards.

For the record, bought a ton of AC back on the day before release, still haven't been billed.

Well, in a few days, your money should be given right back to you as if nothing has happened. I think it may be a bug with the way japanese banks handle western CC transactions.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by DemonMike View Post
    I think I might know why they're sitting on the payments. They can make more money off it.

The exchange rate right now is worsening for most of us in the west when exchanging to yen and the yen is forecast to get even stronger. Just the other week, my currency (GBP), jumped up 10 yen to a British Pound totalling 135 yen. Now, we're about to hit rock bottom again to 122 yen.

Same for the USD. It's very likely that next week the Yen will strengthen and break through the 78 Yen per dollar, possibly reaching a record high. This might be why Sega isn't cashing in on foreign cards.

For the record, bought a ton of AC back on the day before release, still haven't been billed.
    I sincerely hope this is the case. I'd hate for them to never take my money, then turn around and say I acquired AC without paying for it and ban me simply because they turned me down. Because at this point, that's my biggest concern.
    PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Mikura View Post
    I sincerely hope this is the case. I'd hate for them to never take my money, then turn around and say I acquired AC without paying for it and ban me simply because they turned me down. Because at this point, that's my biggest concern.
    You'll be fine. If this ever turns out to be the case, which I incredibly doubt, I'll definitely be writing to them about it and will set up a template Japanese message for any one else who wishes to follow.